• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Concering re(re?)makes.

ShinyGyaradosisShiny

Just some Neckbeard who plays Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2020
    so as some of you may already be aware, 2016 is Red Blue Yellow's anniversary of 20, and a re-remake would be absolutely AMAZING in my opinion anyways. but that's just me, if you think something different remakes wise might come along, leave a reply, or if you agree with me, tell me what you'd like to see mega evolve since nothing is confirmed yet. or even if you want to see a specific sinnoh mega.
    (if i wanted a specific mega evolution, i'd want honchkrow and make him look somewhat like this)
    Concering re(re?)makes.

obviously that design is a joke but it was creative to say the least lol
    happy posting!

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    I feel like re-remakes are eventually going to happen as they are easy money and are usually popular .
    I just hope if Game Freak makes a new game similar to Red Blue Green Fire Red and Leaf Green I hope it is not just a remake I hope its a redesign make some time pass in the region. Play as a character who was a baby or something during the original game and has spent his whole life admiring Red the Champion of Kanto. Make them journey through the New Kanto with storylines involving new gym leaders. For Example Cinnabar Island is rebuilt and a massive island town but Blaine has retired and is training a new Gym Leader.

Years
    I'm with what Ben said just above. While next year will be the 20th anniversary of the original Kanto games, the problem is Kanto has appeared in too many games so nope don't want another Kanto remake thank you.

ElCabron

Su Cabronito!
    Years
    If anything it'll take too much time for them to remake FR. We've also seen said region 4 times already, we don't need it again. Heart Gold is plenty new too.

What we truly need is Sinnoh's remake! FOR WE ARE GLORIOUS!

blue

gucci
    Years
    With Kanto I'd say there's an exception for the Region to be re-created multiple times. It is the first Region that the franchise produced, and it is the Region in which the games first began. Kanto probably has a sentimental value to GameFreak which is why it probably receives so much attention. We saw many throwbacks and references to Kanto in X & Y, so I'm pretty sure they have something big lined up for the 20th anniversary next year.

ShinyGyaradosisShiny

Just some Neckbeard who plays Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2020
    With Kanto I'd say there's an exception for the Region to be re-created multiple times. It is the first Region that the franchise produced, and it is the Region in which the games first began. Kanto probably has a sentimental value to GameFreak which is why it probably receives so much attention. We saw many throwbacks and references to Kanto in X & Y, so I'm pretty sure they have something big lined up for the 20th anniversary next year.

that was the kind of response i hoped for x) there's always more room for improvement, even if kanto made a few mega evolutions on top of the others i wouldn;t be disappointed. or if they even did an overhaul of the games and added something new as a surprise. kanto was the region i started with, it was a great way to start the series. why not make it advance even further?
    that's why i think game freak is better than a lot of overhyped companies, like EA or Activision, even bungie.
    they take their time and make it count, think of the gengar mega, that would've been hard as heck for someone to alter gengar's base form and make it a mega considering how basic his base form was. kudos to game freak.
    i think another thing to take into mind with the kanto remakes is A. Nidoqueen and certain other pokemon need to have some sort of change to their look. obviously boobs are not okay in a game where kids would play. maybe if they made a mega evolution for nidoqueen/king and fixed some of their flaws. i bet that would turn out pretty swell :)

Years
    What about the Origins film? A remake would be redundant...(But it would be cool to have a mega in Kanto.)

I would like a Johto remake or even a sequel.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    A new remake of the Gen 1 games is inevitable. It's the only gen left that cannot be played on the newest handheld, and I can't see GF letting it be forgotten in the past. Let's only hope that the next remake is far better than what we got with FRLG (which, unlike RBY, deserve to be left behind and forgotten).

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    I'd like to see Pokemon do something special for the 20th anniversary of the games, but I think it be cool if they made a Kanto remake in 2021. This will be the 25th anniversary of the games, and thus it would match Pikachu's Pokedex number. Maybe they could make a special Yellow remake for that. I never played Yellow, so I don't know how good it was as a Pokemon game. And as of now, I can really only play DS games and up because I lost my GBA on a plane, my DS turns on and off on it's own, and the only reliable device I have now is the 3DS.

But before that, I want to see a Diamond Pearl remake. I can recall Kanto's layout, characters, and plot surprisingly well from FireRed. But Sinnoh? I can only remember about 4 gyms, 5 Towns, none of the Elite 4, and that you could dig under ground. I would replay the originals, but if there's a potential remake being released in the next few years, I'll probably just wait to play that.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    But before that, I want to see a Diamond Pearl remake. I can recall Kanto's layout, characters, and plot surprisingly well from FireRed. But Sinnoh? I can only remember about 4 gyms, 5 Towns, none of the Elite 4, and that you could dig under ground. I would replay the originals, but if there's a potential remake being released in the next few years, I'll probably just wait to play that.

If you want a DP "remake," just go play Platinum. It fixed everything that was broken with DP, and it still holds up well enough. Yes, it lacks Fairies, Megas, and functioning wi-fi, but otherwise, it plays just fine on a 3DS. There's no immediate need to remake DP.

On the other hand, every iteration of Gen 1 (both RBY and FRLG) is horribly outdated and incompatible with the newest handheld. There's a lot more that needs to be fixed in Gen 1.

ElCabron

Su Cabronito!
    Years
    All DS games are outright annoying to play after the release of B/W which is much better gameplay-wise. And besides, Johto's game does have Kanto, and Kanto has nothing special at all. It's pure nostalgia. R/S/E had a good plot, post game and all. D/P/Pt had that amazing plot. B/W is really new so whatevs. Kanto is pure nostalgia. Team rocket is bad, there's no plot, the legendary pokemon wasn't that significant to the plot and it won't get any better. No. Kanto is fine coming much later because it serves no purpose out of making nostalgic fans happy.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I prefer a sequel to the R/B/Y games, but comes after the G/S/C/HG/SS story. I would like to see what will possibly be the new building in Vermillion City (maybe the Pokemon World Tournament?), or a possible Team Rocket revival and it will be much more stronger than the Team Rocket in G/S/C/HG/SS.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    A gen 6 remake of them would be awesome. I just want two things.

1: Please don't lock out evolutions that weren't in the gen 1 games. It was stupid and annoying in Fire Red and Leaf Green, and it would be stupid now.
    2: Please let us go to Johto after defeating the Elite Four.

Back