• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Actually, I think the only truely Villianous team is Team Rocket..xD They collect rare and valuable pokemon from people for money or catch them for Giovanni..Pretty dark to me.

Yeah, they are the only truly villainous team, they even murdered a pokemon. However, they are still numbed down in the games. As I said though, Team Rocket are a mafia style gang.

Years
    A couple of new images from the Japanese Global Link website.

Confirmed Information Discussion

Character Customization CONFIRMED! :) Look at the protagonists hair on the....4th picture...see how it's brown? Or is that just because of the haze?

It's just haze, the hair looks exactly the same as the other pics. In fact I'm still pretty sure there will be no customization. I do love how great the beach on Route 109 is in 3D, that was one of my fave spots in Hoenn so definitely looking forward to seeing it again.

Oh, and on a side note there will be more OR/AS footage showcased on an episode of Pokemon Get TV scheduled to air September 28th. Maybe we'll see more locations revealed, or even another new Mega leaked.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Character Customization CONFIRMED! :) Look at the protagonists hair on the....4th picture...see how it's brown? Or is that just because of the haze?

It looks practically the same hairstyle, except we're able to get a clear closeup on the back of his head.

Actually the way that you say Lysandre is more a hero then a villain works for Team Magma/Aqua as well, seeing as their motives were to use the Legendary pokemon who created land/sea to expand the respective terrain, Magma wanting to expand so the humans and land based pokemon would have more area to call home, while Aqua wanting to expand the sea to give the water based pokemon more living space.

Didn't Team Magma's bio in the website also mentioned that they believe human bonds with their Pokemon is foolish because it's preventing humans from advancing technology? That seems pretty selfish on the human's side, nor does it sound heroic either.

Also if truly looked at, Team Flare's goal of a new world free of war/overpopulation can be seen as copying Team Galactic's quest for a new world of their own design. At least with Team Rocket and Teams Magma/Aqua had originality, with Team Rocket just being the most truest villainous team of the three, being kind of a mafia style gang rather then an organization out to change the world.

What about Team Plasma, Ghetsis was a real monster, even worse than Giovanni, who dumped his son, N, alone to befriend previously mistreated Pokemon and manipulates him into thinking all Pokemon should be liberated, and once his plan succeeds, he'll be the only trainer to use Pokemon to rule the world with an iron fist. He even attempts to kill the player in the sequel.

Truth be told though, aside from Rocket, all teams can fall under my theory of Perception and Actions, rather then being called "Good and Evil". I do not believe there is good or evil in existence, its merely the actions one takes and the perception they fall under. For example, to the Nazi's Hitler was perceived as a good leader, striving in his own way to create what he believed would have been a perfect world with no strife or any negative reactions to others. Yet his actions were seen by the rest of the world as wrong, however if he had done things differently, moving to his goal without killing, he'd likely have been supported by the world.

Ah yes, the whole "Hitler did nothing wrong" statement. Does this also mean you also follow Soul Eater's philosophy of pure madness being the only natural behavior because there's no such thing as "Good and Evil" and that we should get rid of our morals and succumb to madness?

Overall, the teams lately have just been slack, I'd love to see a Pokemon game come out with a truly villainous team, one where once you get to the last big battle, if you get beaten by the boss then it results in a game over, with a nice cut-scene showing the result of the teams dark desire, taking over the world with an army of Pokemon destroying buildings and such. However, that'd likely be too dark for a Pokemon game.
    Which is exactly why Game Freak will never do something like that in their games, nor will they take ideas from their fans who want the games to be their personal fanfiction. But wait, you said there's no such thing as "Good and Evil" and yet you're asking for another truly villainous team in the next game. Isn't that part of the philosophy you don't believe, thus making you hypocritical? Also, we've already had another villainous team, and it's Team Plasma (w/ Ghetsis).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah, it definitely looks like the rival will be showing up and assisting you much more frequently. Hopefully we can battle them more and maybe even tag battle with them. 8)
    Well Emerald was the first game where we could tag battle with an NPC so likely we'll see more of those in these remakes as a reference to that feature. They've really been highlighting the features introduced in Gen III.

With Aqua hating humans (their new explaination (as we get more info on why they want to do it than the originals) reminds me of one of the antagonist groups in one of my stories...) and wanting to practically recreate the Great Flood to wipe them out they resemble Team Flare's goal to reduce humanity so that only they survive. With Team Magma perferring humanity over Pokemon and trying to bring about more land without caring about Pokemon they resemble Team Flare who was willing to wipe out Pokemon.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Didn't Team Magma's bio in the website also mentioned that they believe human bonds with their Pokemon is foolish because it's preventing humans from advancing technology? That seems pretty selfish on the human's side, nor does it sound heroic either.

And yet according to you, someone who is wanting to kill millions of innocent creatures just to create their ideal world is more heroic then villainous.

What about Team Plasma, Ghetsis was a real monster, even worse than Giovanni, who dumped his son, N, alone to befriend previously mistreated Pokemon and manipulates him into thinking all Pokemon should be liberated, and once his plan succeeds, he'll be the only trainer to use Pokemon to rule the world with an iron fist. He even attempts to kill the player in the sequel.

The main goal of Plasma, as a team which is what we have been talking about not the individual members, was to liberate pokemon from being slaves to humans who misuse their powers. Way I see it, Plasma is just a pokemon version of PETA or other such animal rights groups.

Ah yes, the whole "Hitler did nothing wrong" statement. Does this also mean you also follow Soul Eater's philosophy of pure madness being the only natural behavior because there's no such thing as "Good and Evil" and that we should get rid of our morals and succumb to madness?
    I never said what he did was right, just that the way things are perceived based on actions is how they are decided by the general consensus.

Which is exactly why Game Freak will never do something like that in their games, nor will they take ideas from their fans who want the games to be their personal fanfiction. But wait, you said there's no such thing as "Good and Evil" and yet you're asking for another truly villainous team in the next game. Isn't that part of the philosophy you don't believe, thus making you hypocritical? Also, we've already had another villainous team, and it's Team Plasma (w/ Ghetsis).

I wasn't wanting a personal fanfiction, I'm just wanting a better enemy in the games, its natural for fans to crave more challenging enemies from their favourite games. And as for no good and evil, that is correct. A villainous team is one perceived by the general consensus as "evil" doesn't mean they have to be evil. Just their actions are seen as such. And no, as said above, Plasma wasn't a villainous team, they were just a Pokemon Rights group going about things the wrong way.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Honestly? I gotta agree that I'd love to see Game Freak do better with their villains.

That's not to say I don't like the general concepts. Two eco-terrorist groups duking it out? That's a neat basis with some originality, even! What I don't like is the sheer stupidity of their plans ('yes, let's help the environment... by making this volcano erupt! With energy from this meteorite!'... seriously?) The problem for me lies in the execution, and X&Y was guilty of this too imo. But that's another rant. =p

I don't expect much to change here with that, but... it'd be nice.

Years
    With Primal Groudon being Ground/Fire that leaves Primal Kyogre as the only one who makes itself more likely to be hit by one of it's own weakness due to it's ability (which allows thunder to nearly always hit irc).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Pokemon villains are really great at coming up with plans for their ideas, but not so great at backing up their claims. What was Team Aqua planning on doing once they got rid of all the land, huh? Where were we going to live, grow food, etc? Not to mention that our Earth (and presumably Pokemon's) needs the ocean, without it Earth would be a giant wasteland. So neither of their plans really make sense when you look at them.

Years
    Pokemon villains are really great at coming up with plans for their ideas, but not so great at backing up their claims. What was Team Aqua planning on doing once they got rid of all the land, huh? Where were we going to live, grow food, etc? Not to mention that our Earth (and presumably Pokemon's) needs the ocean, without it Earth would be a giant wasteland. So neither of their plans really make sense when you look at them.
    It now sounds like Aqua's reason for flooding the world is to wipe out humanity minus themselves. So they'll possibly pull a Noah and create an ark where they can live until the flood waters drop back to normal.
    Magma probably plans to cause Groudon to evaporate the ocean water and not all water, but of course they lose control of their Pokemon so we don't see that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    The problem with the games isn't the villains themselves. It's the fact that there is absolutely no reason for them to believe any of the things they do because the Pokemon world is a utopian society?

Want to wipe out humanity? Why? Because there was one war a thousand years ago that you didn't even see? Lysandre already lives in the most beautiful region in the world. Nobody was cruel to him as far as we know and we were given little backstory to believe otherwise. We have no reason to believe his goal.

You want to flood the ocean? Why? You want to make a world that is mostly water have more water? You want to save Pokemon by killing a bunch of Pokemon who aren't made for water? You want to destroy the most enviromentally balanced ecosystem in fiction?

I could bring that up with any of the teams because that is their main problem. It isn't their goals or their excecution. It's that the teams don't give us a reason as consumers to care. Why should anybody believe these things when the world is already perfect?

Years
    The problem with the games isn't the villains themselves. It's the fact that there is absolutely no reason for them to believe any of the things they do because the Pokemon world is a utopian society?

Want to wipe out humanity? Why? Because there was one war a thousand years ago that you didn't even see? Lysandre already lives in the most beautiful region in the world. Nobody was cruel to him as far as we know and we were given little backstory to believe otherwise. We have no reason to believe his goal.

You want to flood the ocean? Why? You want to make a world that is mostly water have more water? You want to save Pokemon by killing a bunch of Pokemon who aren't made for water? You want to destroy the most enviromentally balanced ecosystem in fiction?

I could bring that up with any of the teams because that is their main problem. It isn't their goals or their excecution. It's that the teams don't give us a reason as consumers to care. Why should anybody believe these things when the world is already perfect?
    Actually there are more wars mentioned thoughout the series, such as the one that caused the fire that destroyed Keldeo's home, and the one Lt. Surge was a part of.

Also GSC Kanto (and to some extent but not as close HgSs Kanto) shows the destruction of the ecosystem the best out of all the games (well more of the aftermath rather than the actual cause). So the Pokemon world has flaws.

Anyways I'm at least glad that they are adding more to Magma and Aqua's plots.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    Actually there are more wars mentioned thoughout the series, such as the one that caused the fire that destroyed Keldeo's home, and the one Lt. Surge was a part of.

Also GSC Kanto (and to some extent but not as close HgSs Kanto) shows the destruction of the ecosystem the best out of all the games (well more of the aftermath rather than the actual cause). So the Pokemon world has flaws.

Anyways I'm at least glad that they are adding more to Magma and Aqua's plots.

That's the problem though. They had two different wars. What happened in these wars? Why were they fought? Was anyone else hurt? How long ago were they? Lt. Surge seems like he was happy to fight in the war, so it's not like it was anything heart wrenching. Keldeo's parents died... but once again, that could have happened years ago. Anything that could flesh out the world gets swept under the rug.

In fact, I think we hide too much behind evil teams and boil conflicts into "the bad people did it. Not the good people. The bad people do bad things, not the good people". Black/White tried to actually bring up something controversial, but once again it boiled down to "it was bad Ghetis being real bad".

That's why Team Rocket works so well for everyone despite being the most evil and kind of bland. They are bringing chaos to the Pokemon world in the name of greed and don't try to pass off what they are doing as logical. Greed is logical and understandable. They aren't trying to fix the world, they are trying to take the world. That's why I prefer Magma's goals because they fall more in line with that line of thinking. It's a simple story that falls in line with how the world has been presented to us.

And I know that it seems like paragraph 2 and 3 conflict, but I think that what is going to make evil teams threatening is to start fleshing out the world around them. The simpler you make the world, they simpler you have to make the villain. The more complex the world, the less foolish the complicated teams become.

Years
    Since they're adding things to May/Brendan, Maxie/Archie, and Steven I won't be surprised if the other characters got more added to them. Hopefully we'll see more of the gym leaders,E4, and even Wally (even if we were to not end up fighting him more than the 3 times).

Years
    I'm pretty sure Wally will be more involved in the games, especially now that he has a connection with Mega Evolution.
    Maybe, but remember how people criticize Diantha for having a little role in the XY story despite being champion and having a Mega Evolution. The same could end up being said about Wally, except with the word "rival" replacing "champion".

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't think that Mega Evolution should correlate to involvement in the story, rather, it should relate to the importance of the character. Diantha wasn't that great of a character, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't have gotten a Mega Evolution. She's the Champion, of course she had one. Likewise, regardless of how many times he appears ingame Wally is "important," so it's no surprise really that he got a Mega.

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
    Years
    oh yes im looking forward for the secret bases i wonder if you could invite mates over in to them that would be cool like it diamond and peal you can have some mates over in the bases but for some reason i like ruby base better don't get me wrong diamond and peal bases were cool but wasn't for me looking at the demo picture with the town mosdeep and that huge spaceship i wonder if we can go in to space come on guys what you think about that do you think it sounds cool?

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
    I am not a Sinnoh fan.. But I would like to restart an other journey in there but this time with whole level upgarded in a 3D!! Woooooo
    #Pokemon4Life

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back