• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Dang these theme are awesome! And i have a bad feeling there won't be any more megas. It shouldn't be this hard to find them.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Guys, it appears that we can get a Sinnoh starter as well, along with the Johto and Unova starters mentioned earlier:

Spoiler:

They still come with the standard Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent abilities but the good news is that between X/Y and OR/AS you can now obtain all the starters by trading between the two games, which is great. It's cool how we can get three alternate region starters in just one OR/AS playthrough, and I surely know who I'll be taking.

I knew they were going to pull something like this. Since I'll be using Swampert as my starter, then that means Feraligatr and Samurott are out of the question (Empoleon maybe, since it doesn't have the same weakness as Swampert). Iron Fist Infernape is the better option, so it's out, leaving me only Typhlosion and Emboar. However, the former is an inferior Charizard with a limited move pool, and the latter is both slow and frail. Meganium and Serperior are mediocre at best, leaving me only Torterra, which has coverage for all of its weaknesses. It sounds like the best trio combination for me is Torterra/Emboar/Swampert, but I'm in need of a fast starter, and I've already ruled out Serperior and Typhlosion.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Guys, it appears that we can get a Sinnoh starter as well, along with the Johto and Unova starters mentioned earlier:

Spoiler:

They still come with the standard Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent abilities but the good news is that between X/Y and OR/AS you can now obtain all the starters by trading between the two games, which is great. It's cool how we can get three alternate region starters in just one OR/AS playthrough, and I surely know who I'll be taking.

Is there any possibility for them to megevolve in this game???

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I have a question about the swarms mentioned by Serebii, they said it wasn't actually swarms but rare Pokémon that can appear by using the dexnav.

Is that during the main story or only post-game? I'm curious because those Pokémon listed aren't in the Hoenn regional dex.

Years
  • OH. MY. GOD.

The fact that you can get one of the Johto starters... I mean I knew there was hope cause of how it was in Emerald but I wasn't entirely convinced... the fact it's confirmed... GAH I'M SO HAPPY!!!! :)

Sinnoh and Unova ones are cool too, while I'm guessing they'll do something similar for how the Johto ones were available in Emerald, I'm very intrigued as to how they'll tie in the other gens' starters :)

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • There's barely any difference between the originals and ORAS. I don't see why people are so "OMG this is amazing!" about the music.

There are no miracles to be done when the original GBA music was more than acceptable, I guess. Hoenn did have good music already, although the trumpeted routes brought it down a notch, but the battles that mattered (evil team, E4, Champion) were good. I wonder what they'll do when they remake Sinnoh, since the Sinnoh music was very nice and had good quality already.

The new evil team theme is good, but I kinda preferred the classic one because it was one of the more old-school themes in RSE and one that I really liked, it had some parts which the new theme kinda ruined. :(

Last edited:
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Its confirmed there are no exclusive Mega Stones, all appear to be in each version. I i thought that some megas like sharpedo or camerupt will be exclusive of each version.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Playing so far, I gotta say I'm loving the feature of the Pokenav Plus' detector, allowing the chance to find common pokemon with rare stats/moves/higher levels. Found a level 5 Ice Fang Poochyena, a skill swap ralts and a twister Wingull all in the wild thanks to it.

Years
  • Here's something they changed: remember the trendy saying in Dewford Town? Now instead of being any two random words, it's an item followed by a certain noun, like "Potion festivals" or "Silk Scarf schools". I thought it was funny when it existed in RSE, it's not bad here but not what I expected.

Still, RIP BIG SERVICE. =(

Years
  • I have a question about the swarms mentioned by Serebii, they said it wasn't actually swarms but rare Pokémon that can appear by using the dexnav.

Is that during the main story or only post-game? I'm curious because those Pokémon listed aren't in the Hoenn regional dex.

It's postgame only at least for non-Hoenn Dex Pokemon, because I remember hearing one of the special DexNav encounters in the postgame was Sewaddle on Route 101.

@Pendraflare - Wow they changed the trendy saying? I still wonder if that will determine the water tiles that Feebas is found in on Route 119, or maybe they might have removed that for anti-frustration reasons.

Edit: Version Exclusives according to Serebii:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back