• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Consistent non-random AI v1.0.1 [Essentials v20.1 and v18]

Years
    What if I tell you that current Essentials AI is actually at its core quite decent? I know some of you have been through too much grief to even humor the thought.
    Its move effect scores account for most basic scenarios so if it could just reliably make use of those scores, it would do the job you want it to do most of the time.

And therein lies the problem.
    For some reason even at the highest skill levels the AI is set to work with an RNG-based system so even if it had a higher chance to click the proper move, that chance is far from what you would want.

Through this plugin i have eliminated the random aspect of the AI decision making. When a move, or a pokemon switch is determined to be the best choice in the decision making process, it will choose that one, no questions asked.
    There are some extra tweaks I've done that would make the AI play better, like:
    -Expecting when to wake up for the purposes of Sleep Talk
    -Increasing the score of Fake Out so that it actually uses it on the first turn
    -Using different logic for moves with imperfect accuracy that doesn't impact decision making so drastically,
    -Various factors that would affect the score of damaging moves had their score modifiers turned from additive to multiplicative for better accuracy.
    -Removed the part where AI is encouraged to switch out when the opponent cannot act due to hyper beam/truant because it sounded more detrimental than helpful.

I've taken measures for this plugin to be able to be used alongside this Improved AI plugin that i've found on this site, because I noticed it does some useful tweaks to effect scores for hazard and weather moves. However the rest of my edits will override that plugin's edits because the decision making is still RNG-based there, and the whole point of my plugin is to eliminate randomness.

A couple people have tested this AI in their projects and are pretty satisified but keep in mind that its just still a pretty basic AI, that can just now reliably perform basic strategies, but no guarantees for any fancy gimmicks you might have in mind. Feel free to try, though.
    This however doesn't mean there isn't space for improvement. through feedback i can try make tweaks where needed in the future to make it play better (see: try making some of the aforementioned gimmick strategies to work better).

DOWNLOADS:
    Essentials v20.1
    Essentials v18
    For the Essentials v18 version, because plugins weren't a thing back then, just make a new script page near the bottom of your scripts, and dump the contents of this file in there.

TODO:
    -Essentials v19 version.
    -Un-randomize decision making for item usage. (Didn't bother with that yet because the projects i work on don't involve item usage in battle).

Back