• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Coolest design Pokemon of each type, but low stats?

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Seviper and Zangoose, definitely. They're both cool pokémon but they get ignored most of the time and it makes me sad.

Years
    Speaking of Hoenn Pokemon, Flygon is currently one of the most underpowered Dragons in the metagame right now. It doesn't help that it was meant to obtain a Mega, but didn't thanks to artist's block (according to bulbapedia). I can see it providing an alternative option to Salamence if its offensive stats were buffed a bit. Flygon has a really cool design, but is sadly overshadowed.

Years
    Lumineon is very beautiful, but its stats are just very below average. I love the design and it was a really nice concept, but it's just terrible to use effectively.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    ohh i want to try each type!!

bug - ledian
    grass - jumpluff
    ghost - none come to mind
    water - lumineon
    steel - bastiodon
    dark - mightyena/liepard
    ground - none come to mind
    dragon - none come to mind
    ice - dewgong
    electric - none come to mind
    normal - fearow
    fairy - carbink
    poison - none come to mind
    fighting - none come to mind
    psychic - none come to mind
    fire - none come to mind
    rock - corsola
    flying - swanna

Years
    ohh i want to try each type!!

bug - ledian
    grass - jumpluff
    ghost - none come to mind
    water - lumineon
    steel - bastiodon
    dark - mightyena/liepard
    ground - none come to mind
    dragon - none come to mind
    ice - dewgong
    electric - none come to mind
    normal - fearow
    fairy - carbink
    poison - none come to mind
    fighting - none come to mind
    psychic - none come to mind
    fire - none come to mind
    rock - corsola
    flying - swanna

well, i could come up with another few... dusknoir, flygon, electivire, toxicroak and typhlosion

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
    I just want to second the notion about Mightyena. When Ruby/Sapphire came out on the GBA, the design definitely piqued my interest. It balances out the cool factor while still looking rabid and ferocious. Mightyena definitely fits as a name. The Intimidate ability is a really great nod to this, too.

The problem though is once you look at its stats, you'll probably think, "MEH. weak. Better box it and never bother with it again." This is definitely true, and the only people who would use it otherwise are probably masochists, hipsters or nuzlocke-ers. Moreover, it gets literally outclassed by Absol which has almost the same stats except for that impressive 130 base Atk. And I'm not even talking about the mega yet.

Mightyena? More like, Derpyena.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Ehh.... I don't know. Most of the mons I've used impressed me one way or another. There are definitely plenty of mons that I feel have a cool design but meh stats, but I can't comment much on them because I've never used them.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Yanmega. I thought the dragonfly concept was pretty awesome, but Yanmega is really underrated. If only it had a bit of a push in its stats and possibly a different typing (bug/dragon maybe?) as well.

Years
    Ariados
    Ninjask - (needs to be able to take a hit...)
    Golem - SP-D and Speed can't both be that low...
    Donphan
    Sableye (NEEDS to use Mega or pretty much not viable)

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2024
    A lot of the evolutions added in gen 4 (Electivire, Magmortar etc.) could really use better stats and or moves.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016

Normal - Delcatty. It has a really interesting ability in Wonder Skin and a good support movepool. It's also a cute purple cat. Give it the Fairy dual typing it should have already gotten, update its defensive stats.

Fighting - There's not really any Fighting Pokemon I like who needs updated stats. Meinshao could do with a + 10 in speed and a priority move.

Flying - Togetic. If Togetic had good HP (+30?) you might justify using it with Eviolite over Togekiss, which I would love to do since I think it's cuter.

Poison - Dragalge. I really think all this one needs is some half decent HP (85?) and Recover. Recover + Toxic Spikes + Sludge Wave/Protect + Draco Meteor.

Ground - Sandslash. Honestly, I'd love for this guy to just get an evolution. Because its stats would have to have a lot added to them for Sandslash to be useful.

Rock - Archeops. Actually, don't update it's stats, just remove it's horrid, horrid ability. Why would they even do that?

Bug - Vivillon. Vivillon's not actually completely useless in Doubles as it stands. But I just imagine how great it could be if it was speedy and bulkier. But considering its type, even that might not save it from depending on a Focus Sash. Unless it got like +40 on its defenses. Why couldn't it have been Bug/Fairy? It would still have weaknesses, but it would also have more resistances.

Ghost - Banette / Mega Banette. I love Banette. I love mega Banette. They should have built on its defenses and given it a recovery move. Prankster, 64 HP and no recovery?

Steel - None. The only steel Pokemon that I even remotely like is overpowered!

Fire - Delphox. As it stands, Delphox is a crappier version of Victini. Fire/Psychic offensive, just without the good ability and move. Give it Drought. Give it ridiculous speed. Make Mystical Fire a priority move. Just do something so I can use it, because I love its design.

Water - Dewgong. I love it's sweet little face and simple design. I hate that it's been subpar from day 1. I don't even know how it could be improved. It has terrible defensive typing and 3 defensive abilities.

Grass - Sawsbuck. What a unique Pokemon. What a shame its crap. If it's Attack was higher and it had a more versatile movepool, you might justify using it on a sun team.

Electric - I DEMAND FOR DEDENNE TO BECOME OP. I love that little Pikaclone. And it's typing? Pretty solid defensive and offensive typing, in my opinion. Of course they had to make it complete crap.

Psychic - Meowstic-F. My favorite shiny. She has a two good ability options for an offensive Pokemon, and she has the movepool. Now just give her some monster SpAtk and Spd.

Ice - Aurorus. Honestly, there's nothing you can do by just adding to its stats. I think it's only possible use could be as a glass cannon because of it's crappy typing. That's all anyone could possibly due to make it useful. It has a good ability for being a glass cannon in Refrigerate along with access to Hyper Voice.

Dragon - Flygon, of course. I'm actually not even a huge fan, but it certainly deserves a big update!

Dark - Liepard. Am I wrong for wanting to slap a Fairy dual typing on this and some decent bulk so it can be effective with Prankster? I think Mightyena deserves a mention here too. Major update it's horrid stats or give it an evolution.

Fairy - Florges. Florges is without a doubt still a good Pokemon, but if only it had slightly higher speed and a better ability. I think there are plenty of good abilities that suit Florges. Sap Sipper, Cloud Nine, Chlorophyll, Effect Spore, Harvest.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Marowak T_T

I have so many Pokemon I would like to see they stats updated. That's why I like mega evolutions, but I would love to see Mega for some weaker Pokemon. I mean, Tyranitar doesn't need a Mega! But Sunflora, yes! :)

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    Yanmega, Pelipper, and Arbok!

They all have really awesome designs and great potential with move sets and abilities, but their stats dont cut it. And Yanmega should be part dragon, but whatever haha.

Back