• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Aw man, totally loving the fact that the over world is going back to top-down. Love love LOVE IT <3

Best decision GF could've ever made.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • What I don't get is why is that cloud above the safari zone and that city that I don't remember it's name but has the department store? I know the rainy route is the one where you can catch Tropius, but that's a little away from where the black cloud is. Immidietley that I saw the black cloud I thought of Zekrom, There is a grey cloud next to it and then a normal white cloud. The thought that the toa trio might be involved in that came through my mind. But I also thought that it can be an unrelated thunderstorm and the grey cloud is just the transition between it and the rest of the white clouds. I'll note what I saw but I won't also get obssesed with the thought since it seems improbable that it might happen. Although there is a chance.

Well, you may have a point. GF always allows us to recatch the legendaries in the current generation for those who don't have the past games. Actually this is one of the reasons why they keep making remakes: it's potentially more appealing to make a new game around old legends than to simply add them to the third version of a set of games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think that the cloud is hiding something that is going to be story related. It's the darkest cloud in the map while the rest are white with some grey and a little black. I feel like the person who made it wanted us to notice it.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Devon corp give you your starters Mega stone possibly.

Anyways, the map looks cool. I'm surprised I haven't heard someone say "To much surfing" xD. That was the biggest complaint with R/S/E

Actually the problem isn't the surfing but the fact you're *required* to have two HMs to explore the sea, one of which is useless in battle (Dive). Same complaint I have with Johto, only back then the water routes weren't so big.

Also, finding only Wingull and Tentacool on the surface, as well as junk Pokés on the sea floor (Relicanth, I'm looking at you) was boring.

Years
  • Actually the problem isn't the surfing but the fact you're *required* to have two HMs to explore the sea, one of which is useless in battle (Dive). Same complaint I have with Johto, only back then the water routes weren't so big.

Also, finding only Wingull and Tentacool on the surface, as well as junk Pokés on the sea floor (Relicanth, I'm looking at you) was boring.

Yes, but atleast two Pokemon you find from endless surfing help you awaken the Regis.
    I just heard that the biggest complaints was the endless surfing.
    Also, under water in 3D is going to look amazing. Omg

Years
  • Maybe GF will increase the number of water Pokemon available in the Hoenn dex (even though I don't think they will) so that there will be more variety.

I can't wait to see Rustboro and see if it really does have a new area.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Is it just me or Mauville City has a wall now. And the ominous structure north o the map seems highly story-related.

Oh and I decided to quote myself again in the DCC.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Years
  • Imagine how underwater looks in 3D

It'll be cool if we could see Wailords passing by like how the beautiflies go past the grass in the trailer.

Speaking of underwater did anyone else notice that the spot where you dive to go to the area where they wake up Groundon (R)/ Kyogre (SE) looks like a little like an Omega and alpha sigh combined?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Interesting, the wall around Mauville. Checked the original maps and, sure enough, that's missing. Maybe it's a sign of development over time? But Spear Pillar is hidden from the world?

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    Just looking at the map above, was the area by the safari zone always like that? It seems like it's added on to.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Is the building underneath the orange building in Lilycove the contest center ingame? I'm really bad with maps. ;~; The contests could be centered in Lilycove like they were in Emerald, and the orange buildings could be Battle Tents, Boutiques, or another chain they put in. There's 3 of them so they're not just random buildings.

Ahhh, I totally have to replay Emerald this summer. <3 I'm pretty bad at reading maps and we didn't have on this detailed the first time around, so I'll go through and compare it to this new version myself. :3

Years
  • Just looking at the map above, was the area by the safari zone always like that? It seems like it's added on to.

I think that may be the area they added in Emerald being represented. I'm not sure if they added the expansion to the official map for Emerald (I'll look it up).

Yeah, those buildings could be the tents or the contests buildings. It's kind of hard to tell as it's so pixelated once you zoom in too much. Also the tents had a lot of orange themselves, so that makes it slightly harder. But I don't see any blue, so they may be the contest halls. Could it mean the Battle Frontier may not be in the game? Or are they simply making us nervous so they can surprise us with it's reappearance...after all it is covered behind clouds in the map they gave us.

Years
  • Things you Like and Dislike

This is just to post what you like and dislike about the game based on the information released so far/whenever you may read this.

For example I like what they did to Hoenn in general. It looks so beautiful. I also like what they did with Kyogre and Groundon.And I'm glad Swampert and Sceptile got Megas.
    I think it's cool how Brenden and May look more suited for s tropical Region.

On the other hand I dislike the way Mega Sceptile looks. But really there isn't much more atm.

I would really love to see everyones opions

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't see why the contests wouldn't return. It was required to get the upgraded trainer card and that was one of the main features in Hoenn. I would find it strange if contests didn't make a return.

With people comparing the maps, I figured I would post the RS map and the ORAS map together. I couldn't find a drawn map of the Emerald version. They are not very good comparisons, but they will do.

As you can see Sky Pillar is indeed covered along with a few other places.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Years
  • I was looking at the screenshots from today in Serebii and noticed this person:
    7.jpg
    Who has what looks like the same hat as Brendan standing by the cave that is telling the myth of Primal Groudon. However as you can see his clothes are all black instead of having the red from his shirt, also his pants cover his legs completely unlike in the "wetsuit" pants. If it is him this could potentially be confirmation that customization is going to happen in ORAS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back