• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Covid 19

Years
  • Trump is pretending that pandemic is under control for political reasons, and twisting the arm of state governors to open up their schools by fall, the cold and flu season, when the pandemic is expected to get worst. Not online, not part time, full re-openings for kids. The problem with that is we have 3 million confirmed cases of Covid here in the U.S, with a spike of 60,000 new ones in just 24 hours. More than 130,000 Americans have lost their lives. Have mercy on us all.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/08/cor...l-funding-slams-cdc-reopening-guidelines.html

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Fuck Trump. This pandemic is NOT under control. Don't open schools. Kids will spread the Coronavirus and make this worse. Delay school. Stop acting like this is over when it's not. Dumbass...

Also, my area has reached phase 4. I expect NY to have spiking cases yet again soon.

Years
  • It's really frightening how selfish people are being.
    "Making me wear a mask goes against my rights" Well guess what? Others have a right not to die!
    "Masks make it hard to breathe" So does a primarily respiratory virus. My lungs suck but I still do it.

No one is saying you HAVE to stay home, but be mindful when you go out? There's also like Covid deniers and I wish my brain were that smooth.

Years
  • i mean, maybe i'm one of the few people not shocked so far even though i maybe should be? but this seems to be par for the course for the trump administration to do (insert completely dumbfuck thing here) for the sole purpose of energizing the hard ceiling of 40% or so of the US population that gives a shit about his opinions.

all i have to say is that the remaining four months until the election is likely to be the longest four months of any of our lives. if you think this is batshit, i think the public completely forgot about trump's plan to gut the postal service because mail-in votes are The Worst so definitely be on the lookout for that since iirc they're going to run out of money by September? who knows what'll happen then.

and by the way: mail-in votes are rather slow to count. so it won't be election day. it'll be more like election week.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm not surprised either. But it's still not good regardless.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm just sick and tired of his utter bullshit. He wants to remove everything Obama did but has NO plan what so ever for a replacement. Unless he thought of it he doesn't want it. Thinks COVID is a joke even though people are dying. His life is a joke and yet he's still here.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Michigan just did this today!!!

I can see soooooo many people claim that can't deal with wearing a face mask just so they don't have to wear one. Had people just wore one in the first place we wouldn't have this shit. You act like you're going to be in the store ALL DAY! Wear one or stay the fuck home and use a delivery service.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Why is Trump such a stupid idiot? What is he trying to accomplish by stripping data of covid hospitalizations? Pretend like the pandemic is over? Well, it isn't, heartless dumbass.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Why is Trump such a stupid idiot? What is he trying to accomplish by stripping data of covid hospitalizations? Pretend like the pandemic is over? Well, it isn't, heartless dumbass.
    I'm pretty sure that making it so that hospitals are required to send their data to the White House's new database is little more than an attempt to control the narrative in Trump's favor, as the truth that the numbers show create an inconvenience for said narrative.

Over the months it's been been pretty clear that there's a divide in how the covid-19 situation is viewed. Since early on, the Trump administration has claimed that it has been doing a good job handling it, that "we can't let the cure be worse than the virus", blaming others for any mistakes, and going so far as to sometimes downplay the threat of the virus. Most disease experts and medical workers have, as far as I know, more or less said the opposite (that this has been a train wreck with another one waiting to slam into it), including the guy who's been on the White House's coronavirus team and national television for months (Anthony Fauci).

They are of course trying to dress this up as just replacing a slow, outdated system or something, but are we really supposed to believe that some private company's new, untested system is supposed to be better than the system of a 70+ year old government organization whose focus is on public health?

But as for why they'd do this in the first place....well, America has never really cared about its people, and this is just another example of that.

Years
  • My mom this afternoon told me that she went to the store. Now her practice is to leave a mask in her car, and put it on only once she arrives at her destination. She hates them, finds them uncomfortable and difficult to breathe in and wears them for as little as possible. Fair enough, as long as she still uses it once she's in a public place I don't care.

But she tells me today though that when she went into the store shopping she forgot to put her face mask on entirely. She got out of the car, and it slipped her mind to get the mask out of the glove compartment or wherever she keeps it.

My mother can be sweet, but really absent-minded unfortunately. What really concerns me is that while shopping she realized that she didn't have the mask, but then said she just "didn't feel like" going back to the car, and kept right on her way down the aisle. Frankly, I wish they had asked her to leave the store like they're legally supposed to, for her own health sake and the sake of everyone else in the store.

I'm quite worried about my mom, and myself. I'm guzzling down airborne, hoping I don't get infected since we stay together. She's not concerned in her typical bouncy way, brushing off any possibility that she's sick. That was not cool what she just did. Ma, c'mon.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    My mom this afternoon told me that she went to the store. Now her practice is to leave a mask in her car, and put it on only once she arrives at her destination. She hates them, finds them uncomfortable and difficult to breathe in and wears them for as little as possible. Fair enough, as long as she still uses it once she's in a public place I don't care.

But she tells me today though that when she went into the store shopping she forgot to put her face mask on entirely. She got out of the car, and it slipped her mind to get the mask out of the glove compartment or wherever she keeps it.

My mother can be sweet, but really absent-minded unfortunately. What really concerns me is that while shopping she realized that she didn't have the mask, but then said she just "didn't feel like" going back to the car, and kept right on her way down the aisle. Frankly, I wish they had asked her to leave the store like they're legally supposed to, for her own health sake and the sake of everyone else in the store.

I'm quite worried about my mom, and myself. I'm guzzling down airborne, hoping I don't get infected since we stay together. She's not concerned in her typical bouncy way, brushing off any possibility that she's sick. That was not cool what she just did. Ma, c'mon.

I've felt stressed in a similar way, since my family will go into the most crowded shopping areas on weekends. Not because it's necessary, mostly it's just for the sake of going out and spending money. Sometimes it'll be 4 days in a row of shopping. Thankfully they do wear masks, but every time I feel like it's still a gamble. Then during those trips they also stop for outdoor dining.

There's also constantly hired workers around the property, nearly every single day. None of them ever wear masks and it's very uncomfortable. The only ones who do wear them are the domestic workers who simply come around and clean.

Another side of family does not wear masks at all. They believe the virus is exaggerated media propaganda created to make the president look bad.

I've mostly stayed in, but I still anticipate getting sick with this because of how it's handled in my family. There was also a family party planned in early July, but there was enough sense to call it off. I didn't plan on going anyways.

Years
  • This pandemic is bringing out the worst in people, I find. Everyone's on edge and well, mean.
    However, they're testing vaccines in my country, I hope it's successful

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Just thought i'd share my own personal experience with the virus and how it impacted my life. I was still employed while this whole pandemic was going on. My coworkers and I brushed it off as something that wasn't so serious and that it probably wasn't going to last long. Some of my coworkers didn't believe the virus was real and it was just made up by the government for idk what reason,(idiots i know). I let myself get convinced by what they were saying so I didn't take the whole situation as serious as i should have. Anyways as the time went by we started having meetings at work about some of my coworkers catching the virus and falling ill. Some of them were close friends of mine as well so hearing about it made me a bit sad because in some cases the virus can be fatal. That's when I started taking this seriously and started taking better care of myself for my safety and for the safety of others, but unfortunately it was too late. By early june I get laid off and that same day I lost my job I start developing symptoms. I thought it was just a cold I caught from showering and going outside real early in the morning but not even a few days later I start having worse symptoms like fevers, loss of taste, and difficulty breathing. I immediately go to the hospital to get tested for the virus and it turns out that I was positive. luckily for me thought the virus didn't affect my health as badly as others who unfortunately passed away. One of my cousins actually caught the virus during the same time that i did, and we got a call a few weeks ago that he passed away leaving behind his wife and 2 kids. So I just want to say that I lucked out because aside from the difficulty breathing I had that went away pretty quickly, my health is still pretty much the same, and I just had another test yesterday to see if i'm still positive. According to my doctor he said I should be good but sometimes I still feel like I have a hard time breathing. I'm guessing the damage the virus did to my lungs will stay with me. I don't know but all I know is that this virus isn't a joke and I hate that some people act like it is. So to sum it up just do your part and protect yourselves guys.

tldr: caught virus because I didn't take it seriously, got lucky and only had mild symptoms, cousin catches the virus as well, dies, I lose my job and now I just spend most of my day on the internet. Waiting on my 2nd test results to see if i'm still positive.

Also sorry for so much text and ignore any spelling or grammar mistakes I made. I just typed it out as quickly as I could. I missed out more important things that went on in my life but I don't want to stretch my story out any longer

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • Finland got off easy, much easier than our neighbor Sweden, who tried to go for herd immunity and failed big time. There is no herd immunity with this disease. Now, everything is reopening and people are starting to crowd again, which is really stupid and makes me want to go into town even less. Many people here are also drunks and have wasted immune systems because of it. There will be a second wave; it's only a question of when. This whole thing, worldwide, has brought out the absolute worst in people and their governments, and if I never have to shake another human being's hand for as long as I live, I'm better off for it. I can't believe how selfish people are being with a disease that can literally kill you, no matter who you are. The arrogance of humankind. Very pathetic.

Years
  • A man in BC (British Colombia) hosted a party which isn't allowed in that province due to the pandemic social distancing requirements. He was given a fine of $2000 for it and what does he do? Host another party! Is this man rich that's 4000 he'll be paying. Not to mention putting others in danger.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I just saw a bunch of people fully dressed in protective gear carrying a stretcher with a person covered by a white sheet into an ambulance.

Looking at the contagion data in my neighbourhood, I'm pretty scared.

Back