• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crash whenever pokeball is thrown

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    So i can load my game just fine and walk around. And do pokestops fine. When i go to catch a pokemon I throw my ball and the game freezes then stops working and closes. The ball wont even touch them sometimes. I've tried reinstalling the game and restarting the game. clearing cash and all that. I had to root my phone today tho to fix google services. I removed it tho and the game still doesnt work. I'm open to suggestions. or ideas.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Does this happen every single time?

Crashing while trying to catch Pokémon is a known issue, but typically restarting the app is all it takes to get it going right again; at least in my experience. Other than that Niantic is aware of the issue, and I'm sure it's being worked on for a future update. This and the unbeatable gym glitch are by far the most frustrating.

Years
    This is very frustrating but usually I can just restart the app right where it crashed and find the exact pokemon I was attempting to catch when the app crashed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Im not at a gym at all. and it is everytime even if the ball misses. i have restarted the game and reinstalled it. But i can totally miss the pokemon like just let it go way right and it freezes

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    I think your phone carrier and its internet connection has something to do with it. That rarely happens on my Verizon but happens 50% of the time on my girl's TMobile.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I've found sometimes after I throw the pokeball it'll just sit there without moving so I'll have to close the app and load it again.

Usually it turns out the Pokemon I was trying to catch ended up getting caught, but I guess that won't happen all the time since Pokemon can escape the pokeball.

Jiggling Jigglypuff

I'll Sing Ya To Sleep
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    It happened to me today while trying to catch Victreebel. I lost 10 poke balls in the process and did not even catch Victreebel in the end. Needless to say I was pissed.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    This happened has to me 15 times today already! I'll throw the ball, the Pokemon will go into said ball and then it'll freeze. And then it'll take me another 5-10 minutes trying to get the game back up cause it'll get stuck on the loading screen. Safe to say, I am not happy with this game as much as I'd want to be. They better get this fixed soon, cause this was straight up ridiculous today!

Years
    I havent done to much testing on this but it has worked for me so far, so i figured that i would share for those who are experiencing the same issues! If the pokeball freezes upon catching if instead of closing out the app and restarting if you actually go into your phone settings and force close the app it will save your catch that you may had lost! I hope it works for you all as well :)

Back