• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create-A-Fakemon [v2.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Create A Fakemon

This thread was originally made by Logiedan back before the Pixel Art and A&D merge. Because it seemed like some fun for our dwindling spriting community, I'm bringing it back! Feel free to check out the old thread.

Logiedan said:
    The basic instructions are to continue the artist's previous image and expand on it by adding colours, shading it, changing outlines, add appendages, add parts, etc. until we have completed and created our very own Pokemon! Read the rules for some extra information and looking at the old thread will help you understand the game. Any questions and concerns can be posted here and I will get to it ASAP!

Rules:

1. Artists must make small changes to the sprite such as a simple hue change or adding some spikes, etc. Do not try and complete the sprite in one go just so you can start a new one yourself.
    2. The size restriction is 96 x 96. Use this size and ONLY this size to post your post.
    3. Do not double post and make changes twice in a row. Once you've posted your contribution and changes, it's final.
    4. The current Pokemon/Fakemon must be completed before starting a new one.
    5. Have fun with this and make funny or crazy stuff!
    6. The save file-type must be in .PNG format or .GIF. The former is more recommended.
    7. There is no palette restriction. You can have as much colours on the sprite as well but pay attention to rule 1.
    8. Do not start colouring, shading until the outline is complete. After that you may alter colours, outlines, design, etc. Addition: Whenever it's time for a new sprite, you can start with a solid colour/silhouette. Make sure it's not too large.
    9. You may not use these fakemon in your ROM hack, so don't even ask. If you do, your post will be deleted and you may be warned/infracted for your violation. Seriously.

Please follow these rules otherwise your contributions will not be accepted.

Starting image!

987xuq.png

Completed Fakemon

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    This is the same start as the first Create-A-Fakemon, isn't it haha

IhyM5q3.png

I thought it was more of a face

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Dec 10, 2020
    Sort of added a ghostly limb / tail however you see it.

9sz7no.png

Lets see where this "THING" goes XD

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    There is the new version:
    fake.png

Lets see:D
    Try to keep the lines clean, this one is quite thick. I don't know if I'm explaining myself that well, but lines should be 1 pixel wide, not 2. Hope this helps :)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 10, 2015
    Uh ohhh... I saw it as a ghostly beard or tongue.

WrriIby.png

De-thickened the lines :x

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    dLaCXMo.png

Just moved it slightly and defined the face a bit. Love the eye btw.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 10, 2015
    Changing the game folks. Hold on to your hats!

iyOErj0.png

It... has a second head thing... ear... bunny..?

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Dec 10, 2020
    Completed his tail, and gave him a horn thingy at the back head..

2lbz8fd.png

lets color now? what do you guys say?

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Let's first fix him up. There are some lines that are too straight, some parts of the body don't transition that well, but those are some minor things. After that we can start coloring I think.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I know this is a double post, but I decided to post in the sprites seperately to signal that there is an update.

I think we can start coloring it now. I edited one with the lower wing, and one without, because I don't think it fits that well, but I don't want to decide that on my own. So the next person can choose which one is the final one.

uzOTgO5.png

A9I86YE.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back