• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Create-a-Pokémon Form

Years
    Stealing Duck's/Cubey's event from last year - TLDR a small competition where people from each team produce a new Pokémon form based on some prompts etc. (themed around the GT!) we provide.

Not sure how feasible we think it would be timewise, but I was thinking of doing 3 forms - a Paradox form, Mega Evolution and also a Regional Variant.

I think the same rubric as they used last time is a good spread, which was:

• 40% of points for how well you match the prompt
    • 30% for visual design
    • 30% for textual design
    I think allowing people to team up again would be a good idea, that seemed to work really well last time?

In terms of points, are we OK using the same again as last time? That was:

• 1st Place - 100 points
    • 2nd Place - 50 points
    • 3rd Place - 25 points
    • Participation - 5 points
    Just thinking of this more because of it being across 2/3 prompts.

Years
    I'd suggest keeping it at two forms. One for each week. We can do paradox as the new thing and megas as the old gimmick. Ties in kind of nicely with the stuff going on for the theme too.

I'm also fine with people teaming up again, but people shouldn't be able to be a part of more than one team.

Years
    I'd suggest keeping it at two forms. One for each week. We can do paradox as the new thing and megas as the old gimmick. Ties in kind of nicely with the stuff going on for the theme too.

I'm also fine with people teaming up again, but people shouldn't be able to be a part of more than one team.

2 is fine with me! Regarding the team thing, may have to see how that pans out; I don't THINK there were actually too many instances of that last year and I think as long as we really make it known that the art isn't as big a part of the decision-making, we could be OK?

Would this also include if one person is in a team of two and then makes something of their own also?

Years
    Create-a-Pokémon Contest

Event Information

Welcome to Create-a-Pokémon. Heavily inspired by Duck's/Cubeth's Fakemon Design Contest of last year, this is a contest all about creating your own (duh) Pokémon! We will be following a similar format to last year - two prompts, two weeks. Week 1 of the GT will be for the first prompt, and Week 2 the second.

As this year's theme heavily leans into the idea of time and its paradoxes, we'll be looking at contestants creating different forms of existing Pokémon - a Mega Evolution and a Paradox form of a Pokémon. A new version of both an old and new Pokémon gimmick!

Submission Rules

Submissions must follow these rules:
    1. One entrant per user only. This also goes for any people teaming up - you cannot team up to make one entry and then make your own entries on top of that.
    2. KEEP IT PG - no gore/suggestive/etc. material, just imagine that you're producing something you would show a 10 year old kid.
    3. Entries must be made AFTER the prompt is handed out.
    4. NO usage of AI to create any part of the prompt. We do not like AI usage here.
    Rule 2 and 4 being broken will result in moderation and disciplinary action where required, as this is breaking PokéCommunity rules.

Submissions, once completed, are to be sent via forum PM to myself, gimmepie and Kitty. Submissions for week 1 will need to be with us by 00:00 EST August 18th and week 2 by 00:00 EST August 25th.

Points and scoring

Scoring for the event will follow the same rubric as last year. This is as follows:
    • 40% of points for how well you match the prompt
    • 30% for visual design*
    • 30% for textual design**
    *To clarify, visual design is just how well you can visually depict the Pokémon to us. This can be done of course through various art mediums/methods, but for those not necessarily confident in that area you are more than happy to try and describe how your Pokémon comes across visually.
    **To clarify, this is how well you have managed to create the lore for your Pokémon. Does the Dex entry make sense when looking at the overall design, does it match up with the visual aspects of the Pokémon, does it thematically make sense based on the species, and such. A good way to look at the criteria would be:

Pokémon name: Does it fit in with your Pokémon's theme? Is it fairly easy to see how the name came together? Is it something easy to say?
    Species name: Is this something relevant to the Pokémon's lore? Does it help flesh out your concept?
    Typing: As cool as making your Gyarados evolution Electric/Ground, does it make sense? Does the lore and theme explain why your Pokémon is the Type combination it is. I.e. a Pokémon that doesn't really have anything to suggest it can fly PROBABLY shouldn't be part Flying Type.

Evo method etc. (if applicable): Again, does it tie in with your theme/lore, does it flesh it out?

Pokédex entry: Is this able to concisely summarise the ideas you've put together into a simple explanation, so someone can easily see where your ideas have come from? Does it tie everything together logically?

For an example, see below:

Spoiler:

Regarding points, points are awarded thus for each prompt:

1st Place - 100 points
    2nd Place - 50 points
    3rd Place - 25 points
    Participation - 5 points

Current Event Progress:

Prompt 1
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3
    Entry 4
    Entry 5

Prompt 2
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3
    Entry 4
    Entry 5

Last edited:
    Years
    rule 2 and 4? :eyes: maybe for result in moderation thingies since we also dont allow ai and stuff here

also textual thing it'd b neat if there's a template they can probably follow? like have at least the ff (recommended):
    - dex entry
    - lore for the pkmn or smth idk

but i love this

Years
    "Lies into" is a weird wording and shortly after you say "and" when you mean "an."

Everything else seems fine.

thanks!

rule 2 and 4? :eyes: maybe for result in moderation thingies since we also dont allow ai and stuff here

also textual thing it'd b neat if there's a template they can probably follow? like have at least the ff (recommended):
    - dex entry
    - lore for the pkmn or smth idk

but i love this

Updated to include rule 4.

I've also included the same format that was used last year and explained a lil about how to use them, also included an example in the spoiler.

Years
    Strix's Mega Druddigon
    Spoiler:

Lavender's Mega Spidops
    Spoiler:

Years
    5qwerty's abomination Mega-Sceptile
    Spoiler:

apro's Mega Venomoth
    Spoiler:

Panda's Mega Swalot
    Spoiler:

Eleanor's Mega Parasect
    Spoiler:

VisionofMilotic's Mega Pyroar
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Spoiler: Lavender's Iron Spider
    Create-a-Pokémon Form

Spoiler: Panda's Iron Drone

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...3034/efe25e5a-e416-4fa3-bf2b-3aec89ea828d.png

Name: Iron Drone
    Species Name: Paradox Pokemon
    Typing: Flying/ Fairy
    Evolution Family: Skiploom
    Pokedex Entry/Description:
    Iron Drone: Surveillance from the future?
    A strange object resembling Skiploom has been spotted in Paldea. It can change the color of its body to fit the surrounding environment. After avoiding detection, it charges its cannon and blasts onto unsuspecting victims.

Some said it is a machine created for assassination and information gathering from the future. Others said that Iron drone is created naturally when the flower gathers fairy energy in a specific forest over long periods of time. It was nicknamed according to the object described in the violet book.

New Base Stat Total:
    Hp: 85
    Atk: 45
    Def: 80
    Spa: 125
    Spdef: 95
    Sp: 140
    Total: 570

Optional New Ability: Quark Drive/ Mega Launcher

Spoiler: 5qwerty's Iron Corps
    5qwerty said:
    Create-a-Pokémon Form

(I didn't have time to add it in, but pretend the troops have different red patterns on their "helmets", one with one line horizontal, one with two lines horizontal, one with one line vertical, one with two lines vertical, and one with an X, all spanning the entire helmet for each of them. It's the same texture as the red stuff, which is what seems to be present in all future Paradox Pokémon)

Name: Iron Corps
    Species Name: Paradox Pokémon
    Typing: Electric/Psychic

Evolution Family: None

Pokedex Entry/Description:
    (These two bullets are meant to mirror the journal entries that appear in the magazines in the games)
    - This group of seemingly individual units is rumoured to be a highly-sophisticated automata from the far future. It has been named Iron Corps in accordance with a similar formation of robots seen in the Violet Book.
    - Resembling a general and their infantry, they work together as one entity and will devastate entire cities at will with their long-range weapons. The source of its maliciousness is unknown at this point, but it can be assumed to be innate to their programming.

(Now this is more lore kinda stuff)
    It is said that Iron Corps were created by a scientist in the far future who wanted to create a perfectly cohesive fighting unit. He chose to base his works on Falinks, a Pokémon that exists in the current era, and ended up creating something far more sinister. Iron Corps is made up of six "individual" units, though the six work together and are connected via a hivemind. The artificial intelligence that operates this squadron has evolved to the highest level and achieved sentience, and is able to emit and receive psychic frequencies.

There are five "troops" who stay on the ground while the "general", seemingly the most important unit, stays airborne in order to best scout and decide on the next commands. While the general can rotate at high speeds in order to glean the most useful information about the surroundings, the troops are usually standing back-to-back in a pentagonal formation, causing them to tread along the ground rather slowly.

All of the six units have been equipped with high-energy "spin blasters", which are able to fire off long-range bolts of energy. Their special weapons are able to produce many elemental energy signals, which allows them to fire off a variety of attacks. Their formation is hard to penetrate physically and it's difficult for opposing ranged threats to get an opening because of the scanning range of the general. The robots are built to withstand heavy physical and special attacks, so it is not easy to wear down this squadron. However, having no melee-range weapons, they are susceptible to close-quarters combat, especially if the general is within reach.

The goal of Iron Corps is unclear. However, it is known to have destructive tendencies, though this is somewhat hampered by the strategic cunning of the artificial intelligence. Whether this was intentional on the part of the creator is unknown.

New Base Stat Total: 570 BST
    95 HP
    70 ATK
    110 DEF
    110 SPATK
    130 SPDEF
    55 SPD

Spoiler: VisoinofMilotic's Iron Voyager
    VisionofMilotic said:
    Create-a-Pokémon Form

Name: Iron Voyager
    Species: Paradox Pokemon
    Type: Psychic/Steel
    Evolutionary family: Spoink
    Ability: Quark Drive

Pokemon Scarlet: It looks like a pokemon who appeared in an odd magazine, described as a spoink, who bounced itself out of this world, and floats in space.

Pokemon Violet: Sightings of this pokemon are rare, but always near treasures like moonstones, pearls and starpieces. Iron Voyager may be the galaxy-traveling collector mentioned in old texts.

New Base Stat Total:570

Hp:150
    Attack: 45
    Defense: 70
    Sp Atk: 145
    Sp Def: 110
    Speed: 50

Some Paradox Pokémon are clearly different from their original forms that a different BST would just make sense. Where do your points go, and why?

Grumpig's only notable stat is it's special defense, so I maintained that, but didn't want to make it a committed wall, because it doesn't have reliable recovery, and it also would face competition from Scream Tail for that role.

Because this pokemon has access to Nasty plot I didn't bump both it's speed and special attack because I thought it would be broken as a sweeper, so I opted for growing it's special attack along with it's hp to make a threatening special tank, and lowered it's speed to avoid making it completely unbalanced. Could work on a trick room team.

Spoiler: apro's Fanged Beak
    apro said:
    Image: https://imgur.com/a/1dcaQ8q

Pokémon name: (past) Fearow

Species name: Fanged Beak

Typing: Dark/Flying

Description: Fanged Beak can glide but cannot fly yet. It catches its prey by outrunning it using its powerful hind legs, then mercilessly tears it apart with its beak and claws.

New Base Stat Total:
    HP: 90
    Attack: 135
    Defense: 85
    Sp. Atk: 55
    Sp. Def: 80
    Speed: 125
    Total: 570

New Ability: Protosynthesis

Spoiler: Eleanor's Iron Nucleus
    Eleanor said:

Iron Nucleus

Species Name: Paradox Pokémon
    Typing: Electric / Steel

A Future version of Klinklang somehow

Pokedex Entry/Description: I tried to do one that's similar as the Paradox Pokémon's entries in the games and one that's more of a typical entry :)

- It is shaped like a miraculous power generator described in an old novel. Its core is said to hold enough energy to power an entire city.
    - When the rings are properly aligned around the red core, this creature's Electric attacks become so powerful they can be seen from space.

New Base Stat Total:
    HP: 56
    Atk: 90
    Def: 124
    Sp. Atk: 104
    Sp. Def: 74
    Spd: 122
    BST: 570

I went into this trying to fit as many quirks of the existing Paradox Pokémon as possible, which means I tried to create a stat distribution that worked well with Quark Drive and that made Iron Nucleus similar enough to Klinklang. The 50 additional points and the Electric-type I added allowed me to be more versatile, however. I boosted Speed and Defense to similar values so that a player could choose which stat would get boosted by Quark Drive with the right EV / IV management - thus giving this Pokémon two different styles of play, either a more physically defensive one that could take at least one hit, set up and proceed to deal good damage with its attacks, or a speedier one that could, for example, provide the team with some fast support moves, quick revenge kills or just Volt Switch. This, in my mind, should make Iron Nucleus quite different from Magnezone too, as that is typically used as a Steel-type trapper and slow Volt Switch user.
    Taking points away from HP and putting them into defensive stats and speed felt fitting with the lore, but also because those stats can indeed be boosted by Quark Drive.

Optional New Ability: Quark Drive

I packed way too much stuff into this Pokémon. I have been using Klinklang recently in some fangames and it turns out it became the unofficial mascot of my GT team (you know, Gears, Klinks, whatever) so I HAD to try this one out!

It was a bit strange to pull off a Paradox Pokémon going only by what I could find on Bulbapedia and Youtube (I never played the games myself and don't know a lot of the lore behind them), especially because, well… they don't seem so cleverly designed! There's some references here and there but they're a bit too subtle and cryptic. So I tried to change that just a little…

This is the future where Klinklang discovers electromagnetic fields and turns from a bunch of gears into some kind of... spire mess? But I went a bit further and added in a lot more concepts from both astrophysics and sci-fi literature (some other Paradox Pokémon seem to borrow concepts from those fields too). You have, most importantly, things like the Dyson Sphere, Ringworld (the novel from Larry Niven), quasars, neutron stars, the structure of atoms according to Rutherford's experiment… I guess the shape also reminds me of an astrolabium, which is a tool that we no longer use and produce, so it's more of a past reference… oh well.

I am still very bad at drawing, I'm not entirely sure on the design, I probably could've kept the weird face, but I was way too late with the submission deadline so here we go. Just... hm. Imagine the rings constantly moving around the center like Klinklang's gears typically do, with the internal side (the one towards the core) glowing and basically absorbing energy. It would be pretty much the same neon energy thingy that all other future Paradox Pokémon have. From what I know all futuristic Pokémon also have their shiny form metallic grey, so - assuming Iron Nucleus's shiny would also look like that - I made the regular form of a different color. When thinking of the color I had nothing specific in mind but it does remind me of high resistance Manganese Steel that's used for railways and such, so it should work :D
    The one gear that used to have the face still on it became some sort of electromagnetic field meter that just travels and snaps around the rings, checking if the energy is evenly distributed or ready for an attack... that's one of the ideas of all time.

Spoiler: SteCisGreendog's Iron Chill
    SteCisGreendog said:
    Hi there,
    How are you doing?
    I am here with my entry for the second CaP contest.

Introducing... Iron Chill.
    Spoiler:
    SteCisGreendog said:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back