• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: [CSDCC] the weather channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    I don't mind long car or train rides though. I guess I'm used to them; quite a few of my friends live like two hours of travel away and I have to travel like an hour to get to college anyway. Unlike in planes I have no problem dozing off if I get bored for whatever reason. ^^
    Oh my, I don't really relish the idea of long car/train rides. Sitting down for hours can give me motion sickness, or at least the pins and needles. Plus, I can't read books or stare at a screen since that'll induce nausea. :S

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
    Oh my, I don't really relish the idea of long car/train rides. Sitting down for hours can give me motion sickness, or at least the pins and needles. Plus, I can't read books or stare at a screen since that'll induce nausea. :S

Oh! Actually, despite the fact that my dad and grandmother both suffer from severe motion sickness I never do. So I can read and play on electronic devices as much as I'd like. The motion does eventually make me sleepy though.

Sitting down isn't really a problem on trains where you can basically roam around, but I do understand that about cars, I suppose. Generally you can stop and stretch your legs if you're in a car for that long anyway. :D

But long distance rides are just something most people end up having to deal with, where I'm from.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Yeah... I was too late.

[CSDCC] the weather channel

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    He was the reason I flew home this weekend, and he'd already died last Tuesday. Mum's not sure exactly why, the vet wasn't 100% sure either. The house seems very... different without him. He was quite the character. He has definitely left a gap in our hearts and won't be forgotten.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    He was the reason I flew home this weekend, and he'd already died last Tuesday. Mum's not sure exactly why, the vet wasn't 100% sure either. The house seems very... different without him. He was quite the character. He has definitely left a gap in our hearts and won't be forgotten.

I know the feeling. :( We lost our cat some years ago. He had to be put down because he went into this diabetic coma or something. There was really no hope for him. He was also quite the cat because every time you went "psst", he would jump ten feet into the air. It all started when we lived in Maine at the house I grew up in. He went down the cellar when the door was left open. My mom closed it, not thinking he was down there. He came running up when she heard a "thump" (possibly his head bumping the door), opened it and the little shit came running out like he saw a ghost. Ever since then... everything you did to him spooked him.

Sadly, as I said, he had to be put down. :(

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I tell you, it makes me feel like I let him down, not being able to be here with him when he left. The biggest guilt I feel is that I could have been here a week ago, to see him before he left. But I didn't. And the last opportunity my boy had to see me I didn't come home for.

It was thought he was getting better. He appeared to improve after being ill the last week. His brother misses him too. He's different, his behaviour clearly changed. It just emphasises his absence.

But, sadly, he is gone. Let's change topic now. I'll put something in Celebrations for him. That'll be it.

Last edited:
    Years
    I was at CommDay for a bit to play some Hangman, that was a decent time I guess. Sadly I didn't get to do much else there, even though I was able to get my parents off the line when I was contacted on very short notice (since I didn't get a text message they apparently sent me) about something they were asking if I could do around noon.

Years
    I spent a good chunk of my day doing what I do every saturday, laundry. >:(

Hanging out on the server on my tablet isn't quite the same as hanging out on my desktop, haha. It's definitely a lot more annoying to do anything on the tablet....

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    I'm always terrible at events and such. I'm supposed to be taking part in the Red vs. Blue thing in Treehouse, but I haven't. It's always harder for me to do the same things that others can do so easily, even if I know what to do. :x I also suck at chatrooms and what not too. I can't seem to keep up with everyone, and I end up just sitting there staring blankly as people talk and socialize.

With that said, I just spent the day doing what I usually do. Either playing pokemon or doing a little writing... all while listening to SuG off and on as well. My day was actually pretty uneventful to be honest. D:

I've never had a hard time with using my iPad. Though, it's not like I use it for chatrooms though either. XD

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    Man, writing is something that I wanted to get back into, and for a period, I did! However, the stresses of finding another job takes precedence over writing, but once I do I'll make sure to get back into old hobbies. I just miss regurgitating my imagination on paper and seeing what kind of creations come out as a result.

I also take a lot of pride in just developing my own characters that have absolutely no prior inspiration from anywhere else, and creating them how I imagined them to be. There's also been a period in the past whereas I wrote PC fanfictions using my friends as characters (which actually spanned several chapters), but I think I deleted it at the end of the day because I thought it was shit, so.

There's that. >.>

My problem is that I can't seem to finish my stories. I think a lot of this could be ADHD-related, but I always get so bored of them. My brain is always coming up with ideas, and I just can't seem to stick with one thing at a time no matter how hard I try. >< It's a wonder I still keep writing everyday knowing I might never finish something.

I take pride in writing though. It helps me express myself at times. I often find it hard to explain something verbally, so I use my iPad to explain it instead. Still, it can be hard for me. :( Most of my characters are inspired by my favorite J-rockers. Like this one I'm writing based on a favorite pairing of mine.

Spoiler:

That's what they look like if you're curious. XD Both of them are boys, but they look androgynous because most Japanese boys do.

But yeah. I'm really hoping I won't get tired of their story. They make such a cute couple, and Tsuzuku is always calling him darling and stuff. >w<

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    The stress of college has been blocking my creativity haha, and nowadays I just play Pokemon and watch anime to relieve me of the stress. I can't get back to drawing and writing like I used to anymore. It's been really hard on me.

One of my side goals in life is to either make a Visual Novel or a Light Novel to combine both my art and writing hobbies. I got a story that I've been working on since the 8th grade, and occasionally I get random jumps of inspiration in between schoolwork or at home while working on it (as in backstories, lore, etc), and they come by really often. I even got a special book and folder that I use to keep everything that I've made from character references to the really jumbled up timeline of the story. However, lately I haven't been getting any inspirations since... probably the beginning of the current semester, probably due to the stress.

The saddest thing is that this little side goal of mine is probably one of the few interests that sticks to me the longest, and yet I can't seem to continue working on it... :(

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    I'm not too focused or worried about finishing my stories. If I can get a few chapters in, then I'm pretty content! Like, the only thing that matters to me in the long run is proper character development as well as plot progression that actually makes sense. I can be as wild and creative as I want with the other aspects of my story as long as, at the end of the day, it (sort of) makes sense to anyone reading it.

I just want my readers to be entertained. I tend to write things that are purely action-y as a result of this. I want conflict in my stories and laser beams and light sabers and blasts and explosions and things like that. :x

I try not to focus on pleasing the readers though. While, I get it's nice to keep them well-entertained... I feel like it makes it hard on the writer as well. I try to just write for myself, and if my readers don't like what I come up with well... fuck them. I learned this from Mibba. It's a place for writers, but it's hard to get any recognition on such a place. You just kind of learn to live with it.

I play pokemon quite a bit lately. It's become an addiction for me. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back