• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cubone-Kangaskhan theory...confirmed??

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
  • Interesting to note: In Sun and Moon, Pokémon who are at low health will sometimes call for help, and they have a chance of another Pokémon coming to assist them.

The Pokémon that comes to assist them is almost always the same species as them, but occasionally is something different. However, if it IS something different, it's an evolved form of itself, or well justified in lore.

e.g. Corsola's call for help can summon Mareanie. Mareanie is its natural predator, who is responding to the call in the hopes of preying on the Corsola.

However, there is an exception, a summoned species that at first seems unrelated:

Cubone's call for help has a chance of summoning a Kangaskhan.

Has that old Cubone-Kangaskhan theory been confirmed??

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Nope.

It's the orphan pokemon calling out in an area where the mother pokemon is found. It'd be weirder if they didn't show up.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I thought this was an interesting pairing, too, when I was looking at SOS spawns on Serebii.

I feel like GameFreak has been really fan-pandering this gen' (particularly in response to popular theories). It is intriguing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2017
    It may be that Kanghaskhans have natural mothering instincts, and are the type of animal who will take in abandoned children of other species.

Something tells me if Khanghaskhan existed in the real world, they'd have pouches full of other baby pokemon besides their own.

There is a lot of fan-pandering going on this gen.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Hey, took this long for this thread to show up! I was waiting for it as soon as I noticed, haha.

It may be that Kanghaskhans have natural mothering instincts, and are the type of animal who will take in abandoned children of other species.

Something tells me if Khanghaskhan existed in the real world, they'd have pouches full of other baby pokemon besides their own.

There is a lot of fan-pandering going on this gen.

All of these points are what I was thinking.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I had a pokemon call for help once (cant remember which mon) the pokemon arrived and turned out to be a sableye which proceeded to attack the other pokemon!

Not always a bad thing SoS.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I don't think it really confirms anything, but its a cool reference. I like that they made it. Even without a theory it makes sense that kanghasan would protect the orphans or any inured young pokemon.

Back