• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Curiosity

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • You come to a point in your journey where you have the option to make a decision. One choice will lead to a completely different story path. The other will do the same, but it's morally gray and many will die. Up to that point, the game has almost no replayability.

You are given the option to save in a different slot.

Do you save in a different slot so that you can come back and make a different decision only to see what would have happened? Or do you soldier on with your current save file to own up to that choice?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I pretty much do this all the time with the Shin Megami Tensei games since i want to see the Law, Chaos, and Neutral endings of each game.

When it comes to decisions like these, i actually take my time to think what i want to see for the rest of the game's story.

Years
  • Depends on how long the section before it is. If it's not something absurd like 20 hours then I'll just go on with one of the paths but if it's crazy long then I might as well just make a separate save. Also depends on how enjoyable those hours before are, if the game is fun then I probably won't mind repeating the early segment before the path split. If the game isn't fun then why the hell would I still be playing it really and this hypothetical question wouldn't even become an issue for me because I already stopped playing this shitty game.

If you have multiple save slots there's no harm in copying your save just in case anyway.

Depends entirely on the enjoyability of the game and the length of the game and this hypothetical game only tells me it has no replayability so it probably isn't that fun of a game right, so I'd probably just truck on with one save or have already stopped playing.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    If the whole thing comes down to one obvious choice, I'll make a new save. For example, Radiata Stories is pretty linear up until about 2/3 of the way through, where you have a major choice--you can side with the humans or the non-humans. I made a new save and took both paths. Although I ended up never finishing the non-human path because my party up to that point had been primarily human, but my new party was way too weak and I was too impatient to grind...

But if the path is determined by a series of choices throughout the game, I'll usually just play it my way and get what I get. If I decide to replay the game in the future, I may consciously choose to make different choices, or I may not. Depends on how much I liked the ending I got and how curious I am about the others. But TBH in cases like this, I'm more likely to just watch the other endings on Youtube or something. :3c

pkmin3033

Not usually, unless there is a trophy attached to picking the other choice that I can get immediately...like siding with either the Mages or Templars in Dragon Age: Origins, for example. A lot of the games I play with dialogue choices have numerous ones with far reaching consequences, meaning I'd be playing the same segment of the game over and over if I stopped and saved every time. I'd prefer to just start a new file and pick the other choice each time in my next playthrough.

Although I've been doing this with visual novels I've played recently because I can't be bothered to skip through the text each time. There isn't anything to those games but those sorts of choices, so I lose nothing by just making separate save files for different endings.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2017
    Ideally what I'd do in this case is finish the game once on that route, and then play through the game again, taking the other route. That's usually only if I'm really invested in the game though. If it's a drag playing through the game again to that point, and it's just to get some achievement, I'd rather just make some save at that point and get it over with after I'm done with the first route.

And if I really don't feel like playing the game anymore, I'd just look for the route on YouTube.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Assuming that this decision has an achievement attached to it.. Even if it had a lot of replayability going for it and I had really enjoyed it up to that point, I'd still make a separate save file.

If there isn't an achievement tied to this decision, then I'd proceed as normal. Choose the path that leads to either a 'better' outcome for the world or better gear for me. Or both, if I can swing it.
    And, if I'm invested in the story, I'd youtube the other option(s). Or wiki, if the endings are just slightly different slides with slightly different text. :P

With my ever-expanding backlog, the only time I ever truly plan on taking the time to replay a game is if it's a co-op game with Mr. Boyfriend. Otherwise I have to really, really love it or just not want to play anything else in order to go back to something I had already beaten, and restart it.https://www.pokecommunity.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Back