• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Curse of Hogwarts (IC)

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
    Years
    Peter Hunter - Gryffindor Tower

Peter's leg could hardly remain still as it bounced up and down while he sat in one of the Gryffindor Common Room chairs. His eyesight remained firmly fixed on the ground while his hand shook violently near his mouth. He knew that biting his fingernails was a bad habit but at times like this he couldn't help it. The drone and chatter of the other students was silenced by Peter's own thoughts.

What did that boy mean by "Curses have been placed on inhabitants of this castle"? Did he mean the students? What's going to happen to us?!"

Peter's scared and frantic thoughts were interrupted by Professor Winter who ended the chatter among the students. He explained that everyone should calm down and try to get some sleep. He also explained that he would be staying in the Gryffindor Common Room all night. His last piece certainly helped Peter to relax a little, but relaxed or not, he couldn't shake the words that the Ravenclaw boy bellowed.

Peter shook his head and looked around at the other students. Most of them seemed to be somewhat calm and relaxed … at least on the surface anyway. He noticed that the Professor seemed to be engaged in some sort of conversation with a fellow student, she looked to be *about* the same age as Peter but of course there was no being sure unless he asked her, and right now didn't exactly seem like the time nor place. Her deep blue eyes were something else, almost enchanting. She was very attractive to say the least.

I'd love to talk to her thought Peter as an innocent smile appeared on his face. He sat entranced by her looks for a few more seconds before his mind came to and broke him out of his stare. He shut his eyes closed and shook his head, freeing himself and his thoughts. Upon opening his eyes he could see that several students had started making their way to the dormitories, it was probably best to follow Professor Winter's advice and try and get some sleep.

Peter slowly followed the crowd towards the dormitories. However as they continued onwards, Peter's pace started to slow down dramatically. He pushed onwards as best he could but alas he was beat. He shoved his back up against the wall and wiped the sweat from his brow as he panted heavily.

"Why is it so warm?" whispered Peter as he continued to try and catch his breath. He loosened a few buttons of his jacket in an attempt to cool himself off. He slid himself down to ground level as he waited for the heat and warmth of his body to dissipate and as if that wasn't bad enough he could now feel his throat becoming extremely dry.

"What's happening to me?! Is it the curse?!" panicked Peter as he forced himself up onto his feet. He had a bottle of water in the dorms, regardless of what was going on … he needed that water as soon as possible. He had thought about returning to Professor Winter to seek help but then that would only ruin his chances at making a good first impression on the girl, and he wasn't about to do that!

He entered into the dormitories and rushed to the bottle of water he kept by his bedside. He was careful not to seem as if there was anything wrong with him, after all, he didn't want people thinking he was some kind of freak or anything. He opened up the bottle and drank it as fast as he could, he soon felt a wave of calm and peacefulness wash over him once he had finished it. He was back to normal again, no intense warmth and no extreme thirst. He swallowed a lump in his throat, closed up the bottle and stared at the ground.

Have I been cursed?

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years

Fitz Kuroji - Slytherin Common Room

"There hasn't been any complaints about it from the Prefect or the Headmistress," Tiara shot back.

"Huh, really? Guess it's alright then," Fitz said with a shrug, already losing interest in the subject. Yapper, though, was much more interesting, and polite, even greeting Ducky - who simply stared silently at the boy in return. At the mention of puff berries, Fitz perked up, turning to give him a half curious, half excited glance. "Now that's a curse I'd like to see! Someone plagued by puff berries. So who was sniffing them?" She'd hunt this person down to the ends of the earth to watch their tortured, never ending sneezing!

"So, I suppose the conversation has something to do either with the fact Casper or Jasper something here and his friend Tara are going to the boy's dormitory or something about the rather fascinating events that have recently occurred." ...Well, the hunt could wait a little longer. Twirling around to face the new speaker - removing her arm from Jagger's shoulders while she was at it - she snatched up his hand and shook it roughly.

"Ah, Morbidson, how good of you to join us!" she exlaimed. "...You sound like a dry frog... Is it the curse?! I hope not, that'd be such a boring curse... It really outta be something much more extravagant, wouldn't you agree?"

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018

Jasper Forrest
    Slytherin Dungeon; Common Room

"You know they're just going to come find us later." Jasper had spoke out, after the inch or so taller girl released her hold on his mouth. It was more of a statement than an actual question, and reasonably so. Anyone who knew those two older Slytherins, would realize they had enough ambition in them, to carry out what dastardly plans they had, if they tried. He was still surprised things had escalated to meeting two of Hogwart's most creepiest Slytherins, and all on the first day. This was not his idea of a fun new year at Hogwarts.

If it wasn't for Tara using Morrison's appearance, along with a few passing students as a distraction, they would likely have gotten jinxed or something. His eyebrows had furrowed into a bit of annoyance, as he walked alongside Tara once again, with the female Slytherin matching his expression. Her nose crinkled with what might have been uncertainty, but other than that, the girl didn't show any of her usual signs she was frustrated. If Jasper was actually one of the guys that paid attention to body language, he'd know she was worried.

But Tara's gaze had only shifted to the challenging tone they carried before their interruption by the two older Slytherins, and a punch was taken by Jasper after. "Enough of that will ya? I've had enough crap to deal with today." She smirked at him, watching as he patted down his school robes. "So what's the count now then?" He asked, deciding to respect her decision to change the subject, for the moment anyway. "You mean the number of times I've won? Or the number of times you've lost?"

The questions were asked without hesitation and with purpose, as both knew full well it was just some teasing. Nevertheless, as soon as he smiled at her, Tara had given him the real answer. "2. Who really knows about everything else." She gave a shrug at the last part, before her attention turned towards the entrance of the boy's dormitory. "Now come on, quit being a prat about everything and relax." That was all Jasper needed to hear, before his eyes darkened into a mischievous glint. "Oh, we will, believe me."

Last edited:

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years
    Morrison Watson
    "A meeting of the minds I suppose"
    Area: Slytherin Dungeon
    _______________________________________________________________________________

Chuckling at Fitz's rather eccentric manner and her play on his name he responded as he usually would. "Oh it's nothing Ritz, just my throat is a bit dry." He chuckled slightly at his quick play on her name, really it wasn't anything special, but she had did it to his name first so if anything it was justified in his mind. "If my curse was something so insignificant as a dry throat I'd be rather downtrodden I suppose." He said with much mirth as he noted that the two lower class-men were sneaking away currently trying to be stealthy. Well, he could always find them later, it wasn't hard when you had possibly imaginary or self-created beings in your head that somehow had better senses than you. That was something he doubted he was going to figure out currently until he figured out how to go into his own mindscape, he currently just didn't have the time to put time into figuring it out currently. Besides that, his current conversation was little more important than some duo that really weren't too interesting.

"You should probably get back to the conversation before Fitz thinks you're spacing out." A kind but firm voice spoke in my head, Shi was right I need to focus otherwise I'll get lost in thought. "Hmm, I guess I should ask you how do you think current events are. I mean the whole building is in a bit of disarray with the business about the curse. I personally think that this is an extremely fascinating event, it isn't quite often when you get something so interesting to happen after all." He rambled a bit but the question was there that he wanted to ask, what Fitz thought about current events even though he already knew here basic answer. It was always nice to get an in depth answer so that way he could use it either to his advantage or just have it. Despite what lawyers may think there is no bad information to have, it's more of how you use that information you have and what ends the person seeks, but he digressed that wasn't of much importance currently he thought.

"I did a bit of tarot card reading for the event after what happened and found a most enlightening bit of information about how the events will be, to an extent at least." It was quite enlightening if he really had to be honest, at least for himself. He had with a simple triangle spread and the results were rather fascinating to say the least.

The Tower card in the downright position meant things were going to be harsh and chaotic but exciting in a good manner. There was also the Hierophant in the downright position, it was the signal of someone who stands against the status quo and is likely to action against it and then there was the Moon in the upright position. It symbolised dreams and nightmares and the fantasies of the mind, it is filled with uncertainty and suspicion but will eventually continue their journey even while feeling as if you are being watched closely from behind. That was his simple triangle spread and he would have to do at least a pentagonal spread to get a more conclusive answer.

However, the future wasn't set in stone and he knew this, events could always change and that was what made tarot reading so fun. You would never know how close you are to the truth until the events happen, you could be completely off or maybe even right on the dot. Of all the things that could happen he hoped this wasn't just mere conjecture or he would be rather irate and that would be bad for everyone or at least a specific few. He idly noted that the raspy infliction in his voice was gone, that was nice.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Richard, William & Roseblunt

Richard had his hands tucked away in his pockets as the two boys and the professor walked through the otherwise empty hallways, their steps echoing against the walls. The boys had had a couple nightly excursions in the past, but tonight was different. It was... An eerie feeling, as if something was constantly hovering behind the group as they proceeded up the stairs from the basement, to the main hall.

Glancing to his friend, Richard was still feeling worried about William, although he hid it extremely well. If Richard had something going for him other than Quidditch, it would be his natural talent for acting.

He looked to the professor waddling along in front of them, smiling at the stocky, often confused man. "Thanks, professor. I know it's not an easy call to make, but Will really appreciates you doing this for him!"

Roseblunt hummed in amusement, noticing how Drakengard chose to speak for his friend. He meant well. Drakengard always meant well, from Roseblunt's understanding.

"Oh, but certainly boys! The last thing we want is for any of you to get hurt. Hm, or be in pain if you happen to already have been hurt."

As they came into the corridor closest to the entrance hall, the professor motioned for the boys to wait by a corner for a bit while he waggled on ahead to make sure that there was no unforeseen business or possible danger going on in the main hall when they needed to get to the big, bright stairs.

The boys could glimpse the entrance hall from their position in their current corridor, and saw Roseblunt disappear cautiously from sight as he went out into the large, open space. But they could hear him mutter.

"Stranger things have actually happened in this castle before, believe it or not. The Second Wizarding War and the Battle of Hogwarts started with silent terror, not too unlike this. Of course the situation outside of these walls is nowhere near as grave as-"

A gulping noise cut his lecture short. He was still gone from sight.

"Why did we have to bring 'em along, Drake?" William said with a sigh. "I mean, he's got the best intentions, but ye know he's not exactly...well ye know?" William gestured with his hands that Roseblunt was prone to the occasional absent minded streak, something only really Drake would understand. He went back to rubbing his eye, feeling something of a burning sensation that caused a rather sharp pain. "Oi. This thing is really startin' to bug me."

Richard gave a wry little smile and a shrug. "Eh, you know. It was either this or not going at all. Trust me, I would've preferred it just us two as well, but, you know." He gave William another once-over, furrowing his brow as he gave another little nod. "Right, we should probably get a move on. Do you think someone jinxed you or something on the way to school, like in the train?"

Gesturing for William to follow him and still being interested in an answer, Richard proceeded ahead and peered around the corner, into the eerily quiet main hall. "Professor?"

"Oi!"

A child's voice made them turn their heads around. Walking up to them was a little boy, surely not even old enough to attend Hogwarts by the looks of it. And strangely enough, he was wearing very oversized clothing. Clothing that looked strangely familiar.

"Boys..." the kid began, but then a wrinkle appeared on his forehead as if he understood how strange it sounded for him to talk to them as if they were smaller than he was. "We seem to have run into a bit of a predicament. This might very well be a curse of my own. I wonder how that came to be, I certainly wonder..."

Hearing professor Roseblunt's words come out of the mouth of a little boy, rosy cheeks and golden locks on his head, was certainly a predicament indeed.

"Heh..hehe...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" William burst out into laughter, slapping his knee and tears coming form his eyes. "Haha," he heaved, trying to muster the composure to squeeze some semblance of a coherent thought. "Phew, aye, haha, um...what happened...'Professor' to ye? I mean, if ye really are our professor of course."

Richard simply stood there, staring down at the small boy. His mouth opened, then closed, then opened again. Eventually, he couldn't help but let out a half-held-back snort of a chuckle, lifting a hand in front of his mouth to cough into it, sending William a wry grin before looking down at the 'professor'.

"Uh... yeah, this is... err, definitely a problem. I guess it's a good thing we're going to the infirmary, huh?" He looked a little relieved as he smiled. "It's pretty inconvenient, but if that's all there is to this curse, that's not so bad, right?"

Little Roseblunt frowned. "This is no laughing matter, boys!" his squeaky voice came.

William shrugged and started to head in the direction of the infirmary. "Aye, it is good as plan as any. Come on, professor, let's get ye fixed up too. Then we can figure out what's goin' in this place."

Richard started following William, still amused with Roseblunt's new appearance, but he quickly came to a stop again, glancing down at the boy almost drowning in clothing. He paused for a moment, looking away, before lowering himself down to the professor's level.

"Do you... uh, want a lift, professor?"

The normally aged professor Roseblunt would have taken the friendly gesture for what it was. Unfortunately, this younger version was quite a bit more stormy inside.

"I certainly don't need a lift, Mr Drakengard! And you watch it, Mr McConnahaugh! I am still your professor, no matter what I look like!"

His lower lip curled up and trembled slightly, a sure sign that the little boy was growing angry. "Now, follow me!"

He did stumble quite a bit in the huge trousers though, trying to hold them up with hands wcdrowning in too long sleeves. Especially in the stairs. But before too long and too many mishaps, they found themselves entering the hospital wing of Hogwarts.

"Carl!" little Roseblunt called out and actually fell over in his rush.

Mr Castoro, the resident 'nurse', came quickly out from his office into the main hospital hall. His eyebrows weren't even raised at the sight of the two Hufflepuffs and the little boy.

"Huh," was his mere reaction, plus a sigh. "What have we here?" It was directed more towards the Hufflepuffs than the kid.

"Well, mr. Castoro... I think we may have run into a curse." Richard nodded down at the young Roseblunt before glancing over at William. "And Will's eye really hurts."

Richard and William had visited the nurse numerous times due mainly to quidditch related injuries, and possibly on a few other occasions. Still, William was the one who most frequently had visited the infirmary, though usually accompanied by Richard as well, as if he was afraid if leaving him alone for too long.

"Carl, it's me, Roseblunt!" the boy, now standing up, said with arms crossed. "I don't suppose you have an insta-aging potion somewhere?"

"Most people would rejoice at having another shot at their childhood," Castoro said with a mild smile before turning back to the, uh, older boys. "And here I thought at first you two had gotten someone else into trouble for a change. Come here," he said to William, motioning for him to sit down on the nearest sickbed. Of course, as this was the first night of the semester, there was no occupied beds here yet. Roseblunt pouted at the lack of attention and sat down on another bed, giving Richard a disappointed glare in the process, the older boy quickly busying himself with heading over and looking out a window.

The nurse put one hand on William's forehead. "Can you open it up?" he asked, lighting up the tip of his wand with a sharp, white light with the other hand.

William flinched at the nurse putting a hand on his forehead, not having felt anything resembling a fever at all.

"Aye, I can," William said. He popped his eye open to a strange sensation. Oddly, the pain subsided slightly, replaced by more a surge of energy. William, even if he had bothered to say anything, wouldn't be able to match the words with the thoughts that were swimming in his head. He simply sat there with his eyes open, awaiting further instruction.

Castoro looked closely. "Dilated pupil... But no irritation from what I can see. Are you hurting? Or, did you people really come here to see if I could make professor Roseblunt age?"

"Well, it was hurtin' a fair bit earlier. It's fine now...oddly," William admitted. "And did ye really think Drake and I would pull a prank on him?" William asked with a gesture to the child-like professor. "I rather do it to sum kid and make them old. Aye, we should do that," WIlliam said with a chuckle, and managed to lure a little smile out of Castoro.

Richard who was still looking out of the window let out a little cough, lifting a hand to cover his mouth as he did so, but William managed to catch a glimpse of Richard's amused smile which he had tried to hide. Afterwards, he turned back to Castoro and William.

"He's right, it really seemed to be bothering him earlier. And we haven't come here for no reason in the past, have we? Maybe it's one of those curses, like the one that hit the professor...?" Richard questioned, glancing over at the child nearby.

William gulped at that. "Why would they curse me?" William shifted to Drake. "I mean, why curse students at all?"

Richard shrugged, not looking too alarmed, even if he did seem a little worried about his friend. "Hey, don't ask me. Even if it -is- a curse, it doesn't seem to be that... you know, dangerous? I mean, if all it does is make your eye hurt a little..."

"Don't worry boys!" little Roseblunt said, jumping up from his seat. "We will figure out the root of this malade pronto!"

Castoro sighed. "I would like to spend a whole day examining just how much of the professor is still in there. But it is getting late and I had better focus on people who actually seem to have a problem for now."

"You call this not a problem?" Roseblunt spat.

But Castoro turned back to William with a serious gaze. "You come running if you feel anything about your eye getting worse. For now, I guess we can say you got something in your eye that is now gone, because you look perfectly fine to me. I will follow you back to your House-"

"I am fully capable of-" Roseblunt tried to squeak and interrupt.

"Because Frindolf here might fall asleep on the way back, if I know 5 year olds right."

"I'm not five!"

Richard raised his brows, glancing over at William, mouthing out 'Frindolf'? with a surprised expression and a barely held-back smirk.

William snorted at the name and stood up, stretching out his body with a big yawn. "I think I'm in danger of fallin' sleep more than the Professor here, so I'mma start headin' back if I got the permission to do. I think we can escort our Professor a-okay," William said confidently. "Thank ye very much, doc." William had almost forgotten to add the last part, but then again Castoro was used to the Quidditch Beater popping in after practice during the season that 'thank yous' had become far too tedious to utter.

As the trio, with little Frindolf Roseblunt at the front, exited the hospital wing, Castoro watched the go with a furrowed brow. An eye hurting without any other symptoms? The curse of Hogwarts might be trickier than they hoped.​

Years
    Mason, Aya, Atterswall and Copperkeis

Mason removed his wand once more and conjured a few rings of coloured smoke. The spell worked fine, so it seemed that either only some people were cursed, that everyone had a different curse or quite possibly both.

"So basically you're allergic to spells?" he asked the girl.

Before she could reply though, an eerie 'oooh' was heard further along the corridor. Something making an 'oooh' sound was between them and the Ravenclaw Tower. Though, it wasn't as much an eerie 'oooh' as an annoyed sound, if you listened closely. Maybe even an 'oooh' of fascination. It wasn't more than a few seconds after the noise began, before something both eerie and fascinating came towards them around the corner ahead.

It was a human being, floating in the air. Not as much flying as downright floating, if you wanted to be specific. He was clad in a dark purple velvet coat with matching trousers and a pair of silver gray boots. About as silvery as his hair and curly mustache, actually. There was no question as to who the floating man before them was. There was really only one Headmaster Atterswall.

His back was currently turned towards them so he didn't seem to have spotted the Ravenclaw trio yet.

Aya had been walking behind the two older boys, but had stopped dead in her tracks when she heard the strange "oooh"-ing. When she saw the Headmaster floating through the halls, she grabbed at their arms and ducked back into an alcove.

"It's the Headmaster!" she whispered fervently, daring to peek out before flattening herself against the wall. "Professor Copperkeis could have helped, but if Professor Atterswall finds us disobeying his direct orders he'll be furious! What are we gonna do?!"

Mason craned his head out of the alcove slightly

"Forget getting in trouble, we could just tell him a curse did it. What the hell is he doing though? He's never exactly been normal but, this is weird even for him. Is he cursed?"

Mason toyed with his wand, contemplating just jinxing the headmaster to see if it stopped him floating. The little better judgement he had told him not to, so he didn't. but it was extremely tempting.

"Anyone want to follow him and see what happens?"

They didn't need to, though. Just then, Atterswall wriggled around in the air and had apparently already noticed them. Figured. Regardless, his reaction was definitely not a scornful one.

"Oi!" he called out to them. "Fresh younglings! Have you seen such marvel lately, say?"

He gestured to his own body with a wide smile. "It seems like gravity has suddenly lost its pull on me! Most peculiar. For so long I have been trying to invent a curse that could do this in a good enough manner, but here we are! I don't suppose any of you feel a bit lighter as well?"

Just then, his head hit the arm of a gargoyle sitting on a ledge near the relatively low ceiling. He groaned, but then quickly reached out to grab the stone arm and let out a relieved laughter.

"I should definitely have jinxed him..." Mason grumbled under his breath, feeling exasperated at his ridiculous headmaster despite the fact his theory about the functioning of the curse was more or less proven. "Nope, none of us feel lighter at all. If you weren't busy cackling you'd probably have noticed that the curse is affecting people differently."

"Cackling!" the Headmaster said in another laughter. "Well put. And I see. You have seen more curses than me so far, then. Can't wait to see the rest."

Aya is relieved that the Headmaster isn't upset with them, but is now concerned that he himself has a curse. "Let me get this straight... The curse is real, it's affecting some people but not others, and even the Professors are showing symptoms? And the curse has a different effect on everyone?" She shakes her head, trying to make sense of things.

"Headmaster, even if I'm not levitating like you are, I've been cursed, too! All of my spells are backfiring, and it makes me feel kind of sick. Here, let me show you!"

She retrieves her wand from her sleeve, then takes a slow breath, steeling herself before waving it in a complex little pattern. "Ventoforme!" Her head feels fuzzy, and she immediately covers her face to stifle a sneeze, though the force of it staggers her back a step. More importantly, instead of a warm breeze coming from her wand, it instead projects a stream of frigid air. The arctic blast frosts over a nearby window, and Aya quickly ends the spell. She puts her hand on the wall, the head rush leaving her with light vertigo.

Mason couldn't help but laugh a bit, even though he did feel sorry for Aya.

"It's like you're allergic to magic. Don't do anything too difficult or you might end up going into anaphylaxis or something."

Atterswall was now more or less sitting atop the gargoyle's head. "That is interesting indeed. Allergic to magic! Poor girl. And here I am allergic to gravity. So far we can conclude that the curses make people allergic to one thing or the other. Well done, team! I'm feeling like a true Ravenclaw again."

Just then, the sound of paws reached them from behind the pupils. A golden retriever dog came to an almost screeching stop behind them. It started barking, before it seemed to remind itself of the fact that the students wouldn't understand dog language, and quickly transformed into a blonde human being.

"Ah, Melinda! How nice of you to join us. We are making clever progress in this curse case," Atterswall said, giving himself a boost down from the ceiling, straight towards professor Copperkeis.

Copperkeis didn't have time to say a single worried word to her students before the Headmaster nearly crashed into her. Together, they managed to haphazardly stabilize the man somewhere in the vicinity of the floor.

"Headmaster!" Copperkeis exclaimed. "These students are- you are supposed to be in the Ravenclaw tower now!" she said, the last bit directly addressing the kids. "We shouldn't be playing around with curses in the corridors when we have no idea how grave things can be, should we?"

"On the contrary, dear Melinda!" Atterswall assured her. "If you take things too gravely, they can bring you down all the more deeply when, and if, they do."

Copperkeis let out a sigh and grabbed a hold of the Headmaster's jacket to prevent him from drifting off again without noticing it. "Are you alright?" she added towards the students.

Aya quickly regained her balance, the symptoms of her curse thankfully not lasting long. She bowed her head in shame, unable to meet Professor Copperkeis' eyes. "We're fine, Professor. We haven't even seen anyone else out here but you two. But it's my fault we're out here. I was worried, and you hadn't come in yet, so I came looking for you. These two came to get me back."

She gestured to the older boys, shuffling her feet nervously. "Please don't be upset with them. I'm sorry for disobeying orders. I should have known you were just busy talking with the Headmaster."

Copperkeis looked like she was about to shake her head and say something, but instead she hesitated and merely nodded with a relieved sigh and smile in Aya's direction.

Mason laughed, despite the rather awkward circumstances of the present conversation.

"Actually I followed her because I was bored and wondering what she was up to. Ramsey is the goody-two-shoes. Anyway, since you've been playing fetch Professor, the curse affects everyone differently - although we can't be sure that everybody is affected since neither myself or Ramsey, or apparently you, seem to be suffering from it right now. As you have seen, the curse so far has weakened gravity's effects on Atterswall and has made Aya here allergic to magic. Why aren't you in Ravenclaw tower either by the way? Aren't you meant to be looking after us mischievous kiddies?"

Mason was either oblivious to the several offensive things he'd just inadvertently done, or he didn't care. Really the situation was becoming quite interesting and Mason was looking forward to how things were going to play out in a strange kind of way.

At this, Copperkeis frowned. "I was indeed looking for the Headmaster, and I actually thought you would know better than to run out into the castle after something like this and an order to stay put!" But she calmed down quickly, like she always did. She didn't want to go into the details of why she had been absent, after all...

"But if this is a curse..." she added towards the Headmaster, who was now wearing a thoughtful look as he listened to the conversation, half afloat, "it is even more strange. Aren't curses mostly grim and hurtful?"

"I assure you that I'm already missing the sensation of earth against my feet, dear Melinda," Atterswall said with a grave tone. "It is hurtful if anything!"

Another sigh escaped Copperkeis' lips before she started to pull the Headmaster along. "Come on, students," she said to the Ravenclaws. "Let's head back to the tower before we run into anything even more strange."

"Stranger than our staff? Not likely" Mason chuckled to himself as he proceeded to follow behind the head of his house and the headmaster.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The night had not passed peacefully at Hogwarts. Many students had been lying awake, fearing what may come. Others had not been able to sleep, feeling strange changes go through their bodies or minds. As the residents woke up to a new day in the castle, much was not the same as before.

When professor Winter woke up in his armchair in the Gryffindor common room, the first thing he saw was a young boy staring down at him from the ceiling. The professor jumped up and gasped.

"What are you doing up there?"

"I can't let go of the walls, sir!" the boy called back.

"Can't... let go?"

"It happened in the night. Once I touched a wall, I had to keep touching it somehow. And apparently I can even climb walls and, um, ceilings. Can't fall down." He illustrated this by kicking away from the ceiling with his feet and just hanging there in his arms, as if his hands were glued to the stone. "Oh no, now I can't get them up again! Help!"

The professor sighed, and heard more students starting to come down from the dormitories, chatting loudly with concerned voices. He should never have fallen asleep.

Things were a bit better in the Slytherin common room. Professor Doress had stayed alert all night and even started patrolling the corridors of the dormitories at midnight. She had caught anyone who had started to show signs of a curse, or a suspected curse, and gathered them in the common room to calm them down. When morning came, there were quite a group of students in the common room, and the professor suspected that there might be even more yet that wouldn't realize that they were cursed before they woke up. Now for the challenge of getting everybody to the Great Hall for breakfast without chaos emerging... They would manage. They were Slytherins.

Hufflepuff, on the other hand, was in a state of chaos. In the beginning of the night, little Frindolf Roseblunt had taken upon himself to treat everyone with a curse as either a soldier from some old war he had been lecturing about in past History of Magic classes, or beings of evil to be kept in shack with these soldiers. In the end, the prefect Poppins had been the one to take charge and with the help of some others lock Roseblunt into a closet while they tried to calm the chaotic House down. Come morning, not many had gotten enough sleep...

And they had to somehow get back in touch with the rest of the castle, possibly even get some breakfast and hope that the house elves in the kitchen had not been cursed too, and they also had to deal with the oddly quiet Roseblunt in the closet.

Luckily, things in Ravenclaw had begun almost as calmly as in Slytherin. Things could never be quite calm when Headmaster Atterswall was around, according to Copperkeis. He had stayed the night in the common room and ordered Copperkeis to get some well deserved sleep. She tried assuring him that she deserved no such thing, but in the end he had put a sleeping curse on her, guaranteeing worried students that it would only last for a couple of hours.

These "couple of hours" later, it was long after midnight and Copperkeis blinked drowsily before her memories became clear and she sat up quickly. She had been sleeping in a common room sofa that seemed to have been magically enlargened and made to resemble a very soft bed. Across the room, gathered around the fireplace, was a large group of Ravenclaw students, and a man seemingly struggling to stay put in an armchair.

"And when the pirate king realized what her daughter had done, he was so surprised that he jumped overboard!" Atterswall said dramatically, making several kids gasp.

Was he telling them stories? Copperkeis slowly got up and crept closer. Indeed. The Headmaster had made the students calm and happy while she had slept. Some of the kids looked strange... Their curses might already have manifested! But they were calm, still. Some were even asleep, atop pillows on the floor. The Headmaster had brought calm to his old House. And all she had done was sleeping.

She didn't close her eyes for more than a millisecond at a time for the rest of the night, even letting the Headmaster get some sleep in the sofa-bed himself when dawn was close and most students in the common room had also dozed off into dreamland. As the Headmaster happily accepted and wrapped himself in conjured sheets with a content look on his face, Copperkeis found herself observing him for a moment. He was so strange. Most students found him odd, crazy and untrustworthy. She didn't really know what to think, herself.

But he made a better Head of Ravenclaw than her. How could she ever truly fill his shoes?

(OOC: Basically, recap your nights if anything interesting happened there, or skip it if not. Then, deal with whatever situation your House is in and get to the Great Hall for breakfast. The house elves are not cursed, the food is alright ;) you may RP all the way up until you finish breakfast.

Last edited:
    Back