• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cutiefly Breakdown!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I just messed with the hue of the original illustration in an art editing program. I'm crossing my fingers from now until release that Cutiefly's shiny isn't one of those unpleasant colors.
    Can I use it as my avatar
    I'm expecting the white and black to flip, and the yellow to turn darker based on previous shinys.

Also why are people hating on the name :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • So today I learned from the internet that Bee flies' larvae act like changeling. Their parents throw their eggs into bee nests and the resulting larvae eat the actual bee larvae, and the bee flies are in turn still raised by the adult bees...Now think of this...Cutiefly eats Weedle...and Combee... No wonder it got the fairy type...

Last edited:
    Years
  • They seem to be running out of names by this point.

Still, while not quite distinct enough from the basis other than a slight bird-like aesthetic, at least an interesting thing to try, albeit hopefully not at the expense of the several bees already in use.

Years
  • They seem to be running out of names by this point.

Still, while not quite distinct enough from the basis other than a slight bird-like aesthetic, at least an interesting thing to try, albeit hopefully not at the expense of the several bees already in use.

They were out of naming ideas since Gen I....Muk comes from Muck.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • I don't know why anyone would expect this pokémon not to evolve. There are hardly any bug type pokémon that don't evolve and this clearly isn't incapable of growing further?

Years
  • I don't know why anyone would expect this pokémon not to evolve. There are hardly any bug type pokémon that don't evolve and this clearly isn't incapable of growing further?

And the only ones that don't evolve (not counting Genesect) that come to mind are Pinsir and Heracross (Scyther too prior to Gen II), kind of funny how those all got Megas in XY.

Edit: And the only other ones that don't evolve are Shuckle, and Durant. I'll kind of like to see them get Megas, normal evolutions, or the theorized Synchro evolution (think of Yugioh every time I write that penunltimate word).

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Can I use it as my avatar
    I'm expecting the white and black to flip, and the yellow to turn darker based on previous shinys.

Also why are people hating on the name :(
    You can use it, I don't mind!

A darker yellow wouldn't be bad, it could be a really nice-looking color. It just wouldn't be exciting. The shiny color of Cutiefly is definitely something I look forward to seeing!

People tend to be a bit picky with their Pokémon names, for some reason... Pokémon has been taking two words and taping them together calling it a name since gen 1. So it stands to reason that a cute, friendly Pokémon would get a cute, friendly name. Maybe people are just upset that it's so cute?
    I don't know why anyone would expect this pokémon not to evolve. There are hardly any bug type pokémon that don't evolve and this clearly isn't incapable of growing further?
    I can see it going either way. Kind of like how Carbink can't evolve but, in my opinion, it really looks like it can. Or maybe similar to Carbink and male Combee, it's related to another Pokémon but not through evolution. It could also be that since it's based on the adult stage of the bee fly, some people think it can't evolve further unless Game Freak comes up with something thematic rather than natural to base it off on (for example, Remoraid to Octillery).

But I'm hoping it does evolve--I think it has the potential for it and I'd love to see what Game Freak can come up with!

Years

I think Cutiefly would definitely evolve, since I think a small appearance like that would suggest weak stats. I do hope that its shiny is pink since I think a lot of people think it's a suiting color for a Fairy-type.

Years
  • I think Cutiefly would definitely evolve, since I think a small appearance like that would suggest weak stats. I do hope that its shiny is pink since I think a lot of people think it's a suiting color for a Fairy-type.
    I'm guessing that it'll be Cyan (Xerneas' own Shiny).

Maybe Cutiefly will have a pre evolution instead.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    WHAT!? I have never seen such profanity!!

There is only one Pokémon that has ever made me second guess my favorite of all time, Ditto!! That one Pokémon was Vivillon.

How about this, come release I will let anyone breed this blasphemous creature, we can 1v1 battle and I'll use the greatest Bug of all time!! My Shiny, competitive bred Sandstorm Vivillon!! We will win the cuteness battle, the competitive battle, everything!! We will smash this little bug!!

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • WHAT!? I have never seen such profanity!!

There is only one Pokémon that has ever made me second guess my favorite of all time, Ditto!! That one Pokémon was Vivillon.

How about this, come release I will let anyone breed this blasphemous creature, we can 1v1 battle and I'll use the greatest Bug of all time!! My Shiny, competitive bred Sandstorm Vivillon!! We will win the cuteness battle, the competitive battle, everything!! We will smash this little bug!!

No one is saying that Cutiefly is the best pokemon, or even best bug, of all time. Most of know that it will probably have weak stats, so we're not expecting it to do well in competitive play. It's point, as clearly pointed out by it's name, is to be cute.

And Cutiefly is cute. Whether or not it's the cutest pokemon is debatable, but it is cute. I think it's definitely the cutest bug-type at least (cuter than Vivillion) but obviously that's just my opinion. And "we will win the cuteness battle"? Cuteness is subjective. You cannot win a cuteness battle, because obviously people are going to disagree.

And, as we were discussing in this thread, Cutiefly might not be fully evolved, so of course it's going to lose to a fully evolved pokemon like Vivillion.

I honestly don't think that your Vivillon being shiny changes anything either. Cutiefly, due to not having a gimmick with it's wings, will likely have a better shiny. Although in the past, a lot of yellow pokemon have had barely distinguishable shinies, like the Pichu line and Zapdos, I'm hoping that Cutiefly will be either pink like the art earlier in the thread, white, or a nice shade of green.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    No one is saying that Cutiefly is the best pokemon, or even best bug, of all time. Most of know that it will probably have weak stats, so we're not expecting it to do well in competitive play. It's point, as clearly pointed out by it's name, is to be cute.

And Cutiefly is cute. Whether or not it's the cutest pokemon is debatable, but it is cute. I think it's definitely the cutest bug-type at least (cuter than Vivillion) but obviously that's just my opinion. And "we will win the cuteness battle"? Cuteness is subjective. You cannot win a cuteness battle, because obviously people are going to disagree.

And, as we were discussing in this thread, Cutiefly might not be fully evolved, so of course it's going to lose to a fully evolved pokemon like Vivillion.

I honestly don't think that your Vivillon being shiny changes anything either. Cutiefly, due to not having a gimmick with it's wings, will likely have a better shiny. Although in the past, a lot of yellow pokemon have had barely distinguishable shinies, like the Pichu line and Zapdos, I'm hoping that Cutiefly will be either pink like the art earlier in the thread, white, or a nice shade of green.

Pokémon website, you went way too far into the trash talk. It's all in fun and games.

Regardless though, Shiny Vivillon is still one of the most adorable Pokémon ever. Wing gimmick or not, the Pokémon itself and all it's forms are the BEST!! Nothing will ever be cute again, EVER!!

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • This thread isn't really for discussing Vivillon.

Anyway, I found some more bee flies that Cutiefly could evolve into. This one has a really weird body shape, and I'm not sure it would be as cute, maybe something like Glameow to Purrugly? I think Purrugly's cuter than Glameow though, haha. I call this one Beedeous (portmanteau of bee and hideous).
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Alternatively, there's this one, which seems to have a closer shape to Cutiefly, but it has some really cool patterns that make me think it could learn Signal Beam. I've dubbed it Beetiful. (portmanteau of bee and beautiful) The shiny for this one could be really awesome too:
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Or they could do this one, which I'm pretty sure isn't a bee fly, but it would stay on the cute path. It has pretty cute ear-looking things on the sides of its head. This one I've named Flydoral or Adorafly (portmanteau of fly and adorable).
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    This thread isn't really for discussing Vivillon.

Anyway, I found some more bee flies that Cutiefly could evolve into. This one has a really weird body shape, and I'm not sure it would be as cute, maybe something like Glameow to Purrugly? I think Purrugly's cuter than Glameow though, haha. I call this one Beedeous (portmanteau of bee and hideous).
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Alternatively, there's this one, which seems to have a closer shape to Cutiefly, but it has some really cool patterns that make me think it could learn Signal Beam. I've dubbed it Beetiful. (portmanteau of bee and beautiful) The shiny for this one could be really awesome too:
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Or they could do this one, which I'm pretty sure isn't a bee fly, but it would stay on the cute path. It has pretty cute ear-looking things on the sides of its head. This one I've named Flydoral or Adorafly (portmanteau of fly and adorable).
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

I hope it wouldn't be Purugly esque. Wouldn't want to have to use that ever stone. I hope it's still cute.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Cutiefly Breakdown!

Okay, this is cute. It's like, half-bee half-moth and also very fuzzy! I think this would be a nice mid-point between staying a fuzzy bee and becoming a fuzzy moth! Or if, perhaps Cutiefly is in a line of 3, this could be the middle stage before it becomes a full-blown fuzzy moth?

Years
  • Why do people think/want cutiefly to become a moth?

Hmm, I just thought of something. The early bug Pokemon usually has a counterpart. Caterpie has Weedle. Ladyba has Spinarak. Wumple's evolutions are counterparts. Kricketot has Burmy. Sewaddle has Venepide. Scatterbug had no early bug counterpart...
    I think that Cutiefly could be the counterpart of Grubbin. If so then it'll likely be part of a three stage evolution line like Grubbin, seeing how the counterparts tend to have the same number of stages (Burmy is slightly different in that it's evolutions depend on the gender of it, unlike Kricketot which only has one Kricketune.)

Back