• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Daily Article Series: Glaceon Edition

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Pokémon of the Month: Daily Article Series
    Glaceon Edition

At the start of Daily's launch, we had tried out a series of articles involving Eevee. Articles included nickname suggestions for Eevee (and ratings too), how you should care for Eevee, why you should never really battle with it, and fanworks by our talented creators.

We're rebooting that idea, and aiming for new articles involving a Pokémon - and evolutions of it if they exist - roughly every month.

We had Dunsparce and Dudunsparce for the reboot, and while we start pushing out its articles, we'll move onto the next target. Despite a late comeback for the Torchic line, we ended up with Glaceon! If you have any ideas for articles, no matter how short or silly or in-depth or serious they may be, on whatever aspect be it creative or video game focused (e.g. battling), pitch them here! We'll also coordinate separate threads to collate fanworks and nickname suggestions. Eevee is not exactly allowed as it was already featured... but hey, I won't say no to a good idea for an article about it either! Ideally all articles will aim to be wrapped up within a month from now, but if things take a bit longer, so be it.

VPP bonus! If you write or co-write an article, or contribute something substantial such as a fanwork, battling analysis, etc. to be featured in an article for Glaceon, you will be able to claim a free Eevee from VPP this month! To claim it, post in the "Obtain your Pokemon" thread in the VPP subforum and link the article you contributed to.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • So, one idea was about the evolution path it's had, with the Icy Stone (and I guess it applies to the Mossy stone too), rather than just making an Ice Stone and using the existing Leaf one. Only for them to eventually make an Ice Stone in recent gens. Might be worth a short recap and speculation into that.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think a potential Ice Stone article may be interesting. The only new Ice-types in gen 4 are Glaceon, Snover's line, Weavile, Mamoswine, and Froslass (and Rotom Fridge). Aside from Snover, which is a level-up evolution, and Froslass (which uses the new Dawn Stone), they all have wacky evolution methods. It feels like Weavile at the very least could have also been an Ice Stone evolution that it could share with Glaceon, instead of giving it an exclusive item. Maybe such an article can explore the weirdness of gen 4 evolutions in general, while using Glaceon as a jumping off point?

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Again a short article investigating the design origins of Glaceon would be cool methinks
    About this-

Had a talk with Cocoman (who was great help, thanks!) And have started working on a draft

Found useful info involving colorpoint cats, Snegurochka, arctic foxes.
    Will also include a little detail about eevee's design ideas

Days
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023
    I'm interested in these kinds of things, so I'll go to the place where they're talked about

Back