• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    My hair is currently at its optimal length, and will be for the next few weeks. Towards the end of July, I'll probably be in need of a trim... but for now, my barnet is in wonderful shape! :D

Years
    Blooming heck Corey, that is a lot! O_O

I did get a bit cut off my hair last time; was time. However, my current length is what I am happy with.​

Years
    My hair is currently at its optimal length, and will be for the next few weeks. Towards the end of July, I'll probably be in need of a trim... but for now, my barnet is in wonderful shape! :D
    Never heard of a barnet haircut before so I googled it and got some... interesting results.

Interesting in this case means horrible. As in horrible looking haircuts. I hope none of them is what you have.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Barnet's more of a Britishism than an official term. It's actually an area in North London as well, which gives rise to it's Cockney rhyming slang (Hair = Barnet Fair).

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Jon, when will you ever realize that we don't understand your Britishisms? :(

I just got my hair cut last week - I got it cut shorter than normal and got a slightly different style, and I really like it. It looks and feels so much nicer shorter and it's a lot cooler in the summer.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    >_> I got my hair messed up by a salon the other day. Thank God they gave me a full refund. I may post photos here to show you guys how bad they made it. I fixed it myself with dye and a pair of scissors and now it looks like an average haircut so.. yay <3

Years
    That sucks. I'd hope if they were a proper business they'd give you a refund. I got a really bad haircut a few years ago and got no refund, but it was like $8 from a hair salon school with people just starting to learn so I knew what I was getting into.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Yeah.. mine was 91 pounds.. which is like $150. I was devastated. I brought in 6 photos of the same style but at different angles (ON ME >_> so it's not like it's open to artistic interpretation.)
    I was like "I want this cut and colour again."
    And I thought since it was supposed to be a good higher end salon they'd do a good job and they're professionals.

>_> Nope. They didn't know what daheck they were doing.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    Yeah, I hate getting haircuts because I'm always afraid they'll screw it up. :( But... I also waited way too long and I feel better about it now. I still wonder what it'll look like tomorrow after a wash.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Meeh. The next few months the only person who will be giving me a haircut is my sister. Not going to explain the reasoning because it's pretty embarrassing but her cutting my hair would just be much less of a headache than going to someone else to do it.

But speaking of cutting hair I should get mine cut soonish. It's getting pretty close to summer and my hair is getting close to the point where I don't like it.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    Haircuts are my worst nightmare. Like I hate haircuts so much ever since I had it shaved at 5 years old. Now I keep my hair long or in the middle of long and short. I just wanted to bring up that it is a punishment for me to get a haircut. If me and my brother fight and my dad threatens to shave heads, my brother and I call a truce and walk our separate ways...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I just got my hair cut last week - I got it cut shorter than normal and got a slightly different style, and I really like it. It looks and feels so much nicer shorter and it's a lot cooler in the summer.

Pics or it didn't happen.

WillPowerPedro said:
    If me and my brother fight and my dad threatens to shave heads, my brother and I call a truce and walk our separate ways..

Hahaha that's hilarious. Such an oddball punishment. You could so outrun him though, there's no need to be afraid of parental threats. You learn that young and you'll make an awesome teenager :D

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Weird, I came here to post just after I got my haircut. My hair is a bit shorter than I wanted, but I'm still *!~gorgeous~!* with it so s'all good.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    You could so outrun him though, there's no need to be afraid of parental threats. You learn that young and you'll make an awesome teenager :D

Sarcasm, right?....right?

That reminds me to get mine cut. I'm predicting that the forecasts suggest an increase in the number of bald individuals in the vicinity, corresponding with the increment in the number of heatstroke patients.

Happens every damn time. Can't forget the cult of completely shaved heads at school last year. Strangest fad I've ever observed. The numbers...one after the other.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back