• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    First off... I don't want to stay home from school. It may sound weird but I hate missing school. I barely do my work as it is since I'm so lazy so if I missed a day I'd have three times as much to do! No thank you! Plus I don't think I'm that sick anymore... I was the worst yesterday cuz I feel so much better! And anyways... I still have 26 days of school left so it's not really almost done for me yet... the last day is still over a month away. But either way I'm not missing a day of school... I haven't missed one yet this year...

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    snowangel3181988 said:
    First off... I don't want to stay home from school. It may sound weird but I hate missing school. I barely do my work as it is since I'm so lazy so if I missed a day I'd have three times as much to do! No thank you! Plus I don't think I'm that sick anymore... I was the worst yesterday cuz I feel so much better! And anyways... I still have 26 days of school left so it's not really almost done for me yet... the last day is still over a month away. But either way I'm not missing a day of school... I haven't missed one yet this year...
    I hate missing school too. Every time I miss school, I always get behind in homework and it sometimes reflects my grades. It is really hard to make-up what you miss. I only missed four days of school this school year. The first day was when 70% of kids stayed home from school because of really bad weather back in February. The other three days were when I was sick during April. Hopefully I won't miss any more school in these last 13 days that I have left...

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 27, 2009
    Latios Master said:
    I hate missing school too. Every time I miss school, I always get behind in homework and it sometimes reflects my grades. It is really hard to make-up what you miss. I only missed four days of school this school year. The first day was when 70% of kids stayed home from school because of really bad weather back in February. The other three days were when I was sick during April. Hopefully I won't miss any more school in these last 13 days that I have left...

Ah, I agree completely. It seems as if I miss one day and I have 4 or 5 tests to make up, plus homework in about 6 classes. It's not worth it. =/

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    frostweaver said:
    Nothing wrong with that... last summer I wake up at 9 in the afternoon and sleep at 10 in the morning... Oh it was fun ;p At night time no one really restrains you, and I'm just by nature more hyper and active after midnight. Lol... fun times. Plus warcraft 3 is more fun when those crazy Korean players come online (and the annoying little kids who die once every minute is at bed) ^_^; But then I only see my parents for a few hours a day that summer... and adjusting to school time again was such a big pain...

Sadly... I can't do that this summer... volunteer and summer school... ;_;

I'm just feel wierd at midnight.
    It's probaly because I have alittle night-blindness. :P

Btw, how's 9 o'clock in the afternoon? XD

Latios Master said:

Out of my whole life, I've only been absent from school for 4 days. :P
    I wouldn't want to be absent from school because before, I had nothing to do at home...until I started coming to PC. XD
    I like when a lot of kids are absent. I get my work done fast with being interrupted. Yeeah, it's all good. :P

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    Ugh, I hate missing school, too. Not that I'm saying I love school in any way, shape or form. It's just that at my school, if you miss a day it feels like you missed a week. That's how much work you have to make up it seems. I also don't want to be absent much because of the failure-due-to-absences rule. If you're absent five days during a term, you fail all of your classes that term. Then when we're on a new term, it resets. O_o In middle school you could be absent as much as you wanted and you wouldn't fail unless you never made up your work. I wish it was still like that...

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Latios Master said:
    I hate missing school. I always seem to miss something important or something fun. I haven't been out of school too many times before though. I don't really remember kindergarten or first grade since that was before I moved... but in 2nd grade I was out one day. I remember that because that was the day of our only field trip! It was to some Native American village or something like that. In 3rd grade I remember being out for a week because I had a pneumonia. I don't remember what I missed in that week though. In fourth grade I was out for a week because I went to Disney World. That year I ended up missing the end of a book my class was reading... I don't remember what book it was but I do remember liking it. And I also missed getting to play Amazon Trail in class. I don't remember being out any other time until last year when I was out one day... because my sister's friends are annoying and caused me to throw up. Yes, I blame them for my getting sick. And that was the day that my chorus teacher told us what the extra credit for the mid-term was gonna be... so I only scored 100% as compared to the 108% we could've gotten. I don't want to miss anymore school ever. I hate making up work... I only miss school if I'm throwing up sick, which I'm not.

Hey, didn't you have your band concert yesterday LM? How'd it go? Unless I'm just confused... in that case ignore me!

If your absent 5 days from a class you fail? That doesn't seem fair. In my school you're allowed 16 absences all year and if you have more you have to appeal for your credits... meaning you have to give a good excuse for being out. My friend had to appeal for her credits halfway through the year! And she's been out more days after that too. I don't understand how she could miss so many days of school...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    At my school, they're cracking down on unexcused absences...one unexcused abscence and you have to be in in-school restriction for 3 days...I think they did it to intimidate the seniors out of senior skip day, but they all skipped anyway, and after that they didn't get punished =/ But if you're absent and a parent calls with an excuse, there's no consequences ^^;; I used to have my parents call in sick for me sometimes when I wasn't even sick, but now that I'm in high school I don't dare miss a day unless I'm truly sick because we get taught so much that I'm behind for a long time if I miss one day...I've had to go to school when I'm miserable multiple times for fear of missing some important piece of information. Since the beginning of 9th grade, I don't think I've been absent more than three days a year, when before that I might be gone 10 days a year...school sure is tough on me sometimes x_x

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    snowangel3181988 said:
    Hey, didn't you have your band concert yesterday LM? How'd it go? Unless I'm just confused... in that case ignore me!
    Yes, I did have a band concert yesterday. It was going pretty good. However I did mess up on playing the gong at the end of our first song. When the band stopped playing, I didn't stop the gong in time. I really hope no one noticed. ^_^;;; It was called the "theme concert", where band, orchestra, and choir play in the same concert which never happens during any other concert. When a group isn't playing, we had to go to the study hall and watch "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" movie. I already own it on DVD though. :P

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Latios Master said:
    Yes, I did have a band concert yesterday. It was going pretty good. However I did mess up on playing the gong at the end of our first song. When the band stopped playing, I didn't stop the gong in time. I really hope no one noticed. ^_^;;; It was called the "theme concert", where band, orchestra, and choir play in the same concert which never happens during any other concert. When a group isn't playing, we had to go to the study hall and watch "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" movie. I already own it on DVD though. :P
    I always hated having band, choir, and orchestra all in the same concert. Those always seemed to last forever. And we never got to watch movies when we weren't performing... we would have to sit in the audiotorium and watch. My mom always hated me being in band... she thought the concerts were so boring. But now she's glad that I quit the flute after 8th grade... I, on the other hand, kinda regret quitting. I wasn't really good at the flute though... most likely because I never practiced. But it was fun, I'll admit that. I did play it from 4th-8th grade though... and I couldn't decide whether or not to play last year. Most of my friends that were in band were going to either quit band and some that played in both band and orchestra decided to stick with orchestra instead. So I decided to switch to chorus. Chorus is fun sometimes but I get frustrated when nobody knows how to read music and my teacher is always so thrilled when people can count how many beats a certain note takes up. But then again, I was in band for 5 years so I'm used to reading music and not just listening to a piano play the notes for me. Oh well... it's too late to go back to the flute now. I can still play it kinda... I know how to play "Mary Had a Little Lamb" by heart! But I guess that's not much of an accomplishment since it's only 3 different notes...

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    I have never been in a school band before, and to be honest, I don't ever plan to be *gets killed by band concert people* x_x I am not really into doing anything school related that is not work, as I am not one of those people that has "school spirit". =P I used to be ok at playing a recorder, but does that even count as an actual instrument? I guess it might, because it is pretty much like a small flute, but I don't know..

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    Sakura and Espeon said:
    Band is fun./... ^_^... I really like it, it's better than singing... though.

Like a person once said: "whatever floats your boat". It just isn't my thing, I am not a very musical person (well, my mom says I'm a good singer, but what does she know? =P). I once wanted to get into playing the guitar, but I lost interested about...2 days after I kept begging for an electric guitar xD It's a good thing that y parents didn't buy it for me, because it would have been a waste of $600. ^^;

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    Sakura and Espeon said:
    Bah, band was fun for me, in middle school. It must of been the fact that I had a really good director. But now, in high school, my director always seems tired, and he yells all the time. He seems to get annoyed over the tiniest mistake...
    That's why I'm taking art next year instead!
    ....well, it's one of the reasons...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    snowangel3181988 said:
    I can still play it kinda... I know how to play "Mary Had a Little Lamb" by heart! But I guess that's not much of an accomplishment since it's only 3 different notes...

Yeah that was the first song I ever learned to play in my recorder. :P
    The only notes for me were B, A and G. XD

Come to think of it, I haven't touched my recorder for like 3 years now...Must be sitting under my bed collecting dust. :P

Sakura and Espeon said:

Me too. It's probaly because I don't like to use my voice. :P (I might turn mute when I grow up XD)
    Same concept with PC. I rather type than use my voice.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    I'm musical-instrument impaired. O_o I just cannot seem to read music and play it on a piano, for instance. In middle school we had these classes where we'd play simple songs on the keyboard but I could not get the gist of it no matter how hard I tried, lol. I'd give up after the first few notes. So as long as I do the singing with someone backing me up with music in the background with an instrument, I'm a-okay. ^_^; So, uh, I don't plan on being in any band myself, either, Flaming Torchic...!

Jordan! I missed you today, I haven't seen you around PC at all, lol.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    100marios said:
    Bah, band was fun for me, in middle school. It must of been the fact that I had a really good director. But now, in high school, my director always seems tired, and he yells all the time. He seems to get annoyed over the tiniest mistake...
    That's why I'm taking art next year instead!
    ....well, it's one of the reasons...
    My middle school band teacher was really cool too. He was really nice and I did enjoy band. He wasn't really strict but if you did get him mad he would get really mad... and you don't want to see him mad! I always looked forward to going to band in middle school. I just wish I gave it a shot in high school rather than just switching to chorus right away... it's such a boring class because it's so much easier than band was... and my teacher seems to think it's a hard class. Anyways... my middle school band teacher was one of my favorite teachers in the middle school. The high school band teacher is supposedly really cool too. Everyone in band says that they can tell him anything really and he's really nice. At my bio table I sit with three girls who are in band and all they talk about is band and all the people who are in it... I don't know why I didn't try it but I do regret quitting... I think my quitting had something to do with marching band though...

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    Sayuri no Hoshi said:
    I'm musical-instrument impaired. O_o I just cannot seem to read music and play it on a piano, for instance. In middle school we had these classes where we'd play simple songs on the keyboard but I could not get the gist of it no matter how hard I tried, lol. I'd give up after the first few notes. So as long as I do the singing with someone backing me up with music in the background with an instrument, I'm a-okay. ^_^; So, uh, I don't plan on being in any band myself, either, Flaming Torchic...!

Jordan! I missed you today, I haven't seen you around PC at all, lol.
    Well, I did say I wouldn't be on as much in the 'Leave of Absence' thread....
    Hint! Hint!
    Hehe...

That sounds a lot like my director! He was always really funny, but was strict enough not to let the class go haywire. He even played with us, to help us with our problems. That was really cool...
    My new band teacher is a 28-year old that really tries to rush through everything. In middle school, it took about two weeks until we started to play an instrument, but in high school (since I was placed in the beginning band by mistake, I got to see the beginning students) the director expects them to play after only about a day. It's crazy...

Are you consiering going back to band? What did you play? I would stay in band, but I really don't like my new director. Sometimes it's just a waist to go to band class....
    The band teacher seems nice enough!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    snowangel3181988 said:
    My middle school band teacher was really cool too. He was really nice and I did enjoy band. He wasn't really strict but if you did get him mad he would get really mad... and you don't want to see him mad! I always looked forward to going to band in middle school. I just wish I gave it a shot in high school rather than just switching to chorus right away... it's such a boring class because it's so much easier than band was... and my teacher seems to think it's a hard class. Anyways... my middle school band teacher was one of my favorite teachers in the middle school. The high school band teacher is supposedly really cool too. Everyone in band says that they can tell him anything really and he's really nice. At my bio table I sit with three girls who are in band and all they talk about is band and all the people who are in it... I don't know why I didn't try it but I do regret quitting... I think my quitting had something to do with marching band though...

Your middle school band teacher sounds like my recent math teacher. :P
    My previous band teacher didn't have to yell at anyone once through the whole year. He'd let us bring instuments home in black briefcases..(boy...did I look as business men XD)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I?m artistically, no maybe creatively declined. I can?t really do anything that doesn?t have a clear A to B to go through, I?m much better at focusing my energy towards something I know I?ll finish and how, versus thinking up something only to have it possibly work.

?or something. o.o;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back