• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    The last time I was at a wedding was nearly 10 years ago, and that was for a first cousin. I'm not sure if they're still married or not though, since I haven't been in touch with them for so long. However, I know I'll be attending a wedding in a little over a year, because my brother's wedding is planned for early 2016.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I was at my Uncle's second wedding this past summer. It was on the beach and the best thing I can say about it is that I know now not to have a wedding on the beach. And his wife just complained nonstop because 1.) the food that she personally picked out didn't taste like she had imagined it would (it was just little sandwiches on white bread) 2.) the fruit salad had grapes in it 3.) the photographer was 3 minutes late and 4.) her wedding pictures were ruined because our family isn't as attractive as she is, so after spending a couple hundred dollars on pictures she just deleted them.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    This reminds me of one of the weddings that I attend, and it was hosted near the beach. It's unusual because for me, usually the weddings are held in church or in the hall.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Haven't been to a wedding in a long time! Probably partly due to how many people I know just register for the legal benefits of marriage while skipping the whole expensive religious ceremony thing.

I was at my Uncle's second wedding this past summer. It was on the beach and the best thing I can say about it is that I know now not to have a wedding on the beach. And his wife just complained nonstop because 1.) the food that she personally picked out didn't taste like she had imagined it would (it was just little sandwiches on white bread) 2.) the fruit salad had grapes in it 3.) the photographer was 3 minutes late and 4.) her wedding pictures were ruined because our family isn't as attractive as she is, so after spending a couple hundred dollars on pictures she just deleted them.

She sounds lovely to have around!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Most recent wedding I went to was two weekends ago. It was my cousin's wedding and we're close knit and all. Had a lot of fun during the reception, albelt I kinda took advantage of the free drinks. heh.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Haven't been to a wedding in a long time! Probably partly due to how many people I know just register for the legal benefits of marriage while skipping the whole expensive religious ceremony thing.
    There are uhh... mandatory donations, let's say XD For a religious ceremony.

The expensive part comes from the reception though, which is entirely independent from the ceremony and couples who get married in a civil ceremony can also throw those at great expense.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    I've been a bit inactive these past few days 'cause of various reasons, the most important ones being my leg has been playing up and I got the Halo: Master Chief Collection game for Xbox One. I've been setting up my 'Free Agent' listing on an online competitive league. :o

Denny Hamlin you changed your username and it caught me off guard. Didn't know who you were for a second there. :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Denny Hamlin you changed your username and it caught me off guard. Didn't know who you were for a second there. :(

Yeah, it happens to a lot of people. They get used to my name and when I change it without warning it literally throws them off. It's funny but at the same time I feel bad that I should have warned them.

I got one person who actually thought I was legit a guy and my legit name was Denny. I'm so sorry, Alfieri <3

Years
    I lost track of so many people it's not even funny, though I guess I shouldn't talk because I changed my name twice.

I'm sticking with what I have from now on, though. I've had this username for... 9 months?

Starry Windy

Years
    Sometimes username changes can be confusing too, that's why back then, I decided to keep retaining my Windy part when I changed my name (with exception of Heartouch, that is), at least when I do it in the other forum. But then, I took a liking with this name that I keep this username ever since.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    Yeah, it happens to a lot of people. They get used to my name and when I change it without warning it literally throws them off. It's funny but at the same time I feel bad that I should have warned them.

I got one person who actually thought I was legit a guy and my legit name was Denny. I'm so sorry, Alfieri <3

I won't lie, I thought you were a guy named Denny for a little bit when I first met you in Club Nightmare. >.<

Starry Windy

Years
    Whenever I look back on usernames I have used on various forums one part that that has remained consistent about my username is the Mandolore part. So if I ever feel like changing any part of my username, that part will always remain.

I think it must be the originality that makes us unique, isn't it? Like the Mandolore part that you got, or maybe the Windy part of mine. And that's a good thing.

Anyway, I'm wondering if it's snowing in your area? I don't have a chance to see it, yet, due to being in tropical country.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    wait who was talking about the weather? i thought we were talking about user identities and weddings.

DCC RANDOMNESS, LADIES AND GERMS.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Well you can't spell 'coral' without 'oral', but I forgot where I was going with this. It's cold outside.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Since I come from an arabic family, I have weddings every month basically haha, but they're fun. Especially when the guest list is like 300+

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    wait who was talking about the weather? i thought we were talking about user identities and weddings.

DCC RANDOMNESS, LADIES AND GERMS.

Well Windy said "I'm wondering if it's snowing in your area" so the topic was going to possibly revert to talking about the weather and I was like.
    Daily Cross Chop
    Daily Cross Chop

But weddings sounds like a better topic! My cousin's wedding several years back was a blast! The thing I remember so much was the whole crowd dancing to Justin Timberlake's "Sexyback" and then the last wedding I went to was a friend's wedding in like 2010 and at one point during the reception, there was a massive dance circle and I thought I jump in and attempt dancing and we every cheered so loudly and clapped really for me! The dancing at the reception is the best part of weddings!

Years
    Looking back on the earlier posts about name changes, I felt actually glad I was able to snap up Hikamaru. I had gotten quite tired of my previous name which had no significance to me at all. However, I don't ever plan to change names again because you know... I might accidentally throw someone off. I do think changing to this name was for the better because of the good compliments I got from it, like how some say it's "cute yet awesome".

I have thrown members off here once regarding my identity. Through my tendency to use a lot of male-looking avatars/sigs. I remember it happened to me a lot in 2012-2013 and I usually laugh when someone thinks I'm a dude. I sometimes use girly stuff to balance it out but I'll always be a manly girl hahahahaha.

As for weddings, I have like never been to one. Don't even expect myself to ever visit one.

Years
    I gender-bent one time, and it really did throw a few people off at first. Then I realized, being called "ma'am" pushed it.

Weddings are fun! My mother doesn't like weddings, but I don't mind them at all. In fact, my brother selected me as his best man for when his wedding comes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back