• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dark and evil pokemon

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    i was wondering if there are a lot of dark versions or evil versions of pokemon in the tcg? i'm still pretty new to the game, but i think i've seen dark raichu and some others. i know that yugioh does really cool and powerful bad versions of good monsters and was wondering if pokemon does the same thing. i would love to get an EVIL jigglypuff that was all powerful or something. these dark monsters totally make yugioh awesome and does anyone know if pokemon does things like this or plans to?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    There used to be Dark Pokémon but they were last retired in EX Team Rocket Returns. Due to the fact that Team Galactic's Trainer cards are spread throughout DP2 through DP5, it's unlikely there will be a Team Galactic set for quite some time, if ever, though it's certainly a possibility that Dark Pokémon could return in the future.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • "Dark" Pokemon (Evil in Japan) are normally released in the Team Rocket sets: so far, Rocket & ex Team Rocket Returns, and some in the Neo Destiny set. There are many "Dark" Pokemon in the TCG, but not near as many as non-Dark/Light Pokemon. In the older sets, to me, "Dark" seemed to make a Pokemon's HP lower and "Light" made HP higher; in the ex series, "Dark" seemed to boost HP. It would be impossible to obtain a Dark Jigglypuff because "Dark" Pokemon, if they have the ability to evolve, cannot be Basic (Jigglypuff is still considered Basic, though it can evolve from Igglybuff). It would be possible, however, to obtain a Dark Wigglytuff because I have one from the Neo Destiny set.

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
    Years
  • there has never been an "EVIL" pokemon released... even in japanese... the pokemon are called simply dark or light... i don't think pokemon company ever plan to release an EVIL pokemon card, however, in the future, we may get to see more 'Dark' pokemon ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    It is the Type called Aku (the black cards) that means 'evil', I think. I don't know what they call the Dark/Light in the Japanese cards. But Dark is often Pokemon that Rocket uses (or Rocket is in a way involved with these Pokemon). And Pokemon with Rocket in their names are kind of the stronger Pokemon the Rocket gang uses. Light Pokemon seems to be more kind-hearted and happier Pokemon than others.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2008
    I have not heard any Evil Pokemon,Can u tell me where have u read it out?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    thanks for the great info every1. i'll keep an eye out for those evil tcg cards by team rocket, i'll head to store and pick some up. maybe i can pull a dark raichu too hopefully when they're evil they get more powerful like in yugioh. i like that even though the dark side is more powerful, if youre good you can overcome it. like star wars
    i also just heard that there's new dark horus and armed dragon coming up in the new yugioh phantom darkness set, if anyone else plays yugioh too. the sneak preview is the this saturday and sunday if anyone is planning on going to san diego, let me know!

Back