• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Darker than it Seems: A Brighter Future

Shipping poll, pick as many as you want!

• Total voters
    Years
    Will our characters be able to use weapons like in the original? Because at some point I'd like Garett to obtain duel daggers or some other bladed weapon for using certain attacks.

Yeah absolutely. Although when we first start off you'll be in a secluded "safe" town so you wouldn't have been allowed to have weapons while living there. But feel free to acquire some weapons after you leave the town!

Which also reminds me, we'll be starting in Vaniville town in Kalos, so you'll all be living there at the start. When we first start, you'll all be invited by letter to the pokemon lab in Aquacorde Town (It will be replacing the pokeball shop on the west side of the town). Once you all get there I'll kick off giving out the starters and the introduction to the plot. After that, you'll be free to explore wherever you want and do whatever you want.

I'm also thinking of starting this tomorrow, instead of waiting a few weeks. I'm just too excited to keep waiting XD.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I think my SU is as good as it is going to get right now. I may make modifications as we go on and will definitely try to find a picture.

And for clarification for my character, which I will fix in SU, he likes being outside even when warm. He just prefers cold environments.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Since this is Kalos, I got on Pokemon X and customized my character a bit. I also took a few screenshots and took one of my photos from global link. Here is a basic look at my character until I can find a real one.

(Look at newest post for photos.)

Last edited:
    Years
    Accepted with Rufflet
    Accepted with Fennekin
    Accepted with Froakie
    Accepted with Dratini
    Accepted with eevee

And now that all that's done, I'll get the IC thread up either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. Also if you don't have me on skype and you want to be part of the chat, add me, wizardeevee11, and make sure to mention why you're adding me so I don't deny you XD I'll probably be making the chat soon too.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Figured out how to change the eye color on Pokemon X and Y. I also got a hatless screenshot from doing to hair on the game. So here are a few better photos.

Ooo Dratini. That should be fun lol. And I just noticed that about half of all dragon pokemon fall under the category of being what my character likes.

Here is a picture of my character for now, with full body, hat, hatless, and landscape.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years
    Name:
    Myra Rose

Personality:
    Myra is kind of an interesting girl. On one hand she can be such a beautiful and amazing girl, who is just sweet, bubbly and flirtatious with everyone. On the other side she can be sassy, manipulative, and rather snarky. And seeing which side of Myra you're going to get is random because she has Bipolar disorder. She is prone to sudden mood swings and this makes it very hard for her to make and keep friends. She can go from being a sweetheart to being a bitch in a matter of minutes and its almost frightening. But sometimes are better than others, she will sometimes stay in her happy go lucky phase for weeks, then change. If you can catch her at a good time she is truly lovely.

Appearance:
    <3

Type:
    Fairy

Ability:
    Fairy Aura

Starter:
    Togepi <3

Last edited:
    Years
    Name:
    Cascade Bubbles

Personality:
    Cascade is a bubbly and sweet social butterfly. She will strike up a conversation with anyone and be able to befriend them pretty easily. Cascade is like the ocean, beautiful and serene most of the time but can turn violent and unrelenting. She prefers to stay happy and sweet and kind but if she needs too she can get tough and rough. She can be a little boy crazy and sassy at times but she's tries not to be that way all the time.

Appearance:
    https://41.media.tumblr.com/fd228fa079c95827ce968336a57ebb21/tumblr_nkjoy8FikY1toxb1mo1_500.jpg

Type:
    Water

Ability:
    Water Absorb

Starter:
    Togepi <3

Accepted with Togepi :D

IC thread has been submitted too!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    If any of you want to travel with Alex, let me know. I don't want to plan much as the last time.

I do have a question though. Is this kinda like a journey rp with a twist? That is what I got from the original post. Will we be fighting gyms ect?

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
    Darker Than It Seems: A Brighter Future Sign Up

Name:
    Tyre

Personality:
    He usually feels he's never in the wrong, and is very adamant with his choices. He's conceited but extremely loyal to those he find worthy of his loyalty. He has a lot of pride and won't toss it for almost anything. Almost.
    Though he has the confidence of a king, He has a very chivalrous nature. Helping the weak, following his sense of justice, being courageous with any obstacle he faces, and putting his life on the line for the companions he trust with all his heart, making him resemble nothing less of a knight.

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

-Type-
    Steel

-Ability-
    Anticipation

-Starter-​
    Gastly

Years
    Darker Than It Seems: A Brighter Future Sign Up

Name:
    Tyre

Personality:
    He usually feels he's never in the wrong, and is very adamant with his choices. He's conceited but extremely loyal to those he find worthy of his loyalty. He has a lot of pride and won't toss it for almost anything. Almost.
    Though he has the confidence of a king, He has a very chivalrous nature. Helping the weak, following his sense of justice, being courageous with any obstacle he faces, and putting his life on the line for the companions he trust with all his heart, making him resemble nothing less of a knight.

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

-Type-
    Steel

-Ability-
    Anticipation

-Starter-​
    Gastly

Accepted with Gastly

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Finally found a photo for my character. As I change clothing through the journey, I may still post XY customization throughout the Rp. Here is the photo.
    Also changed the age to 20, because I couldn't stand the 19 being an odd number lol.
    Spoiler:

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years
    Yes, I'm doing actual work at tafe and not slacking off...

Since almost all of us are on Route 1 (except for Godzil's character) when do you think we should begin the joint post, Merlin? Once we enter Aquacorde Town or...?

Years
    I was planning on you all meeting each other or something outside the lab, that way we could all do a big joint post inside the lab where you can all converse with each other and Brian to ask questions get your starter ect. I think it'll be easier that way, as long as everyone is fine with joint posting.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    That is fine, but it may take a long time to do. I have a plan for my character now, but it is extremely flexible, so that it doesn't disrupt anything that might happen. Plus, it is so flexible, I can do it when ever there is a slow time or something like that.

Alex was give a Town Map, Holo Caster, and Badge/Ribbon/Medal/Reward Case. I hope you didn't mind. Wasn't sure what we would be getting from Brian other than a Pokemon and a Dex and possibly some poke balls.

Back