• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Darker than it Seems... [IC]

Which characters do you think should be shipped?

• Gray/Arryn

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Gray/Val

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Gray/Tulip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gray/Shadow

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Shadow/Arryn

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Shadow/Anna

• Shadow/Tulip

• Deacon/Anna

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Deacon/Lydia

• Alek/Arryn

• Rex/Lydia

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Rex/Anna

• Shadow/Val

• Alek/Melody

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Val/Arryn

• Jason/Tulip

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Shadow:

Shadow cut off the water and got out of the shower. He felt a lot better. It almost felt like he had lost 10 pounds of muk off.

"Geez... how dirty was I..." Shadow asked himself, cleaning the fog off the mirror and looked into it.

He grabbed 2 towels, one for his lower body and one for his upper. He wrapped one around his waste as he dried his hair and arms. It felt relaxing, but he knew that he had to move and now... he one only one of four who were currently with them. He wasn't sure what to do if they asked him to lead.

After drying off, he made his hair bushy again, but not overly bushy. He found some men's deodorant and put some on. He put his clothing on, orange shirt and the black shorts on and put his shoes back on. He opened the door and walked out, the coolness of the rest of the house surging past his face, into the bathroom that felt like a Charmander's ember attack.

He walked into the kitchen where the two females were currently at.

"Oh... Arryn... your awake. I hope me and Lucario didn't wake you..." He started to blush at the thought at what he had done when he first woke up. He started making a scared face as he started to thick at what Arryn might do to him if she had found out.

"The food is for everyone. I hope it is good... I am not use to cooking for others." Shadow said, quickly changing the subject and settling down.

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years
  • Darker than it Seems... [IC]

Arryn; Ice & Dark

"Are you hurt? I can heal you if you will allow me to. I could also give you some strength so your legs have more strength."

Arryn gazes at the cooked food on Lydia's plate and walks further into the kitchen to get some for herself. "Heal me? You can do that?" The powers of Hybrids continued to astound her with each new person she met. "Thanks, that would be great."

"Oh... Arryn... your awake. I hope me and Lucario didn't wake you..." Shadow rounds the corner, blushing furiously.

She smiles at him. "Not at all. Last night was... pretty eventful."

"The food is for everyone. I hope it is good... I am not use to cooking for others."

"No, it's great," Arryn says, popping some bacon into her mouth. She looks back and forth between Lydia and Shadow. "We can't stay here any more. It's not safe." Lydia was right - one day in what should have been their new home and already they had to relocate.

The smile fades as she remembers - "That Orchid woman... her giggle sounded awfully familiar," she pauses, setting the plate down on the counter and looking up at Shadow.

"And Tulip still hasn't come home."
    Darker than it Seems... [IC]

Alek; Steel (Team Rocket)

"On a more personal note, here in Goldenrod, Hybrids are considered the tall poppies. We're pretty, but stay in line if you don't wanna get snipped! So, how can I help you?"

"Right," Alek plucks a piece of the confetti from his shoulder. "Well, you can start by showing me where we're all supposed to sleep around here. I'd like to ditch this bag and find Ghetsis."

Melody didn't seem the type to give a straight answer but fortunately, he was patient - and he could use some friends in this foreign place.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shadow:

She smiles at him. "Not at all. Last night was... pretty eventful."
    Shadow nodded in agreement. Far too eventful for his taste.

"No, it's great," Arryn says, popping some bacon into her mouth. She looked back and forth between Lydia and himself. "We can't stay here any more. It's not safe."

Shadow sighed, "I know. Even though yesterday I had said we had to stop living in fear, but it is useless if we are divided like we are now. Rex and Gray left with that one female from last night and they haven't returned. Darren hasn't said anything and he should have at least texted or something. I think Jason is still sleeping..."

Arryn's eyes met his, "And Tulip still hasn't come home." She said, setting her plate down.

Shadow could tell that she was concerned. Shadow was to, but it seemed Arryn was concerned a bit more. They had known each other a bit longer and he figured that they were like sisters, so he could understand how she felt. He wonder exactly what the hell was going own between Val and Gray. He had basically abandoned the group and then all hell broke loose. He couldn't help, but wonder if it was planned or just a coincidence.

Do they not fear any of us? I will give them something to fear. I will be the spark to ignite an inferno of fear in Team Rocket's ranks. He thought.

He looked at his sister amulet he had replaced around his neck. It was on the verge of crumbling to dust. He knew that if he had become angered again... he would lose control, but he did not fear it. He knew he would win the struggle when the time came. He just hopped no one he cared for would be caught in the struggle when it did happen.

"I guess the first thing we should do is look for her. Knowing her... she probably got into trouble... I shouldn't have told her to leave the mansion. I could have protected her myself. After that, we need to decide where to go. But the first thing to do should be to get everyone back together." Shadow said, as he walked over to Arryn, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Lydia

Lydia nodded to Arryn as she swallowed the last of the food in her mouth. Holding out her hands to the side and level with her head, Lydia's hands began to glow with a golden light. Using her fingers to manipulate the energy she had summoned, Lydia sent invisible pulses of healing energy toward and into Arryn. Amplifying Arryn's own natural healing abilities the wounded areas, both external and internal, began to glow with the same light that emitted from Lydia's hands and began to heal at a rapid pace. To Arryn the areas being healed felt a soothing warmth that helped relax her body while slightly numbing her nerves to the pain.

As Lydia healed Arryn, she listened to her and Shadow talk about some Tulip girl. Shifting her head to the side in a curious manner she asked the two, "Who is Tulip?" Lydia then noticed Shadow put his hand on Arryn's shoulder and her mind began to wonder if he liked this girl. Taking advantage of her ability to direct her voice to only one person, Lydia bluntly asked Shadow, "Are you attracted to her in a loving way? Or is this just a part of your protective nature?"

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shadow:

He watched as Lydia healed Arryn.

"Who is Tulip?" Lydia had asked both of them.

Shadow felt that it would be better for Arryn to tell her, "I will let Arryn tell you as she had known her a little longer than me. But Tulip reminds me of my sister, or at least least who I think is my sister. We never really found out. There personalities are different a bit, but my sister had the fun, happy go lucky, attitude that Tulip has to a degree."

It was then Lydia's voice entered only his head, as it was a bit stronger than it usually was when talking to more than one person at a time.

"Are you attracted to her in a loving way? Or is this just a part of your protective nature?"

Shadow took his hand of Arryn's shoulder, turned away from the two females and started to blush a little more, as he tried to figure out what to say. Could she read his mind? He wondered. That was definitely something he didn't want to blurt out.

"Uhh... I... I don't really know. If you can read my mind, with your power then here is your answer. Otherwise that isn't something I would like to answer with her around." He sent his thoughts to Lydia, in hopes to could hear them.

Shadow took a silent deep breath. As he relaxed his mind to gather hit thoughts.

"I just met Arryn like 3 or so days ago, so I really couldn't give an answer. I have never been able to talk to people very well until I met this group. Slowly I have begun to open up more. So I don't truly know what love is. Do I like Arryn, yes because she has the dominate attitude that my sister had when she wasn't the happy go lucky girl that she was most of the time. Do I like her in a loving way? I can't answer that. Right now, my main goal to to protect everyone. I think Gray and Arryn like each other, but Gray hasn't really been showing it. It may just be hard for him to show his feelings... if he has any. I don't really like Gray, but I did make a promise that I would keep her safe last night. He didn't seem to care about it and he hasn't been acting like he cares about Arryn. Sounded more like he wanted to kill me." Shadow relayed his thoughts in a very long answer, as he wasn't sure how to truly answer it.

He turned back to the two females. And looked at both of the, "I need to pack some things. I'll be walking through to house to gather everyone's things that had been left. I'll let you two talk." Shadow said, as he left the kitchen.

He walked through the house and gathered his own items first and put them together. He looked at the damage that the hybrids had caused while they were here. Secretly he kept money back for himself, but it didn't feel right to leave the house like it was. He grabbed a piece of paper it wrote a letter.

Dear owners of the house,

I am so very sorry about what my group did and what I did. I regret that I could not fix stuff, but we had to leave. Otherwise, I would have fixed everything myself. Here is some money for the damages, I think it will be more than enough to cover it. Thanks for the pizza and the clothing I borrowed.

From,
    Unknown.

PS: May want to find a better place to put your stuff before your children are old enough to know what it is.

Shadow found an envelop and placed money in it. Under the T.V. remote, he placed the letter and money in a place it thought they would find it.

He went to pick up his swords, but stopped. He wondered if he really needed them again. He opened his hands and concentrated his dark energy into his hands and suddenly, two daggers appeared in his hands. He smiled as the dark energy hummed to life.

"Guess I don't need these anymore." Shadow said, killing his dark energy and letting the daggers power down.

Noivern, Lucario and Greninja pointed him in the living room.

"Lucario, do you think you can break these swords down in to small pieces where we can safely throw them away without someone getting hurt?" Shadow asked.

Lucario nodded and took the swords, using his paws of steel to crush the swords into nothing. They then, did the same with the remaining robot pieces that they had forgotten all about. Shadow took the small steel marbles from the swords and robots and threw them in the trash. With Anna's mentioning of Team Galactic at the fountain before she seemingly left, Shadow was sure they didn't need the robot to study it anymore.

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

Orchid​

Orchid sat in her room in Team Rockets HQ. She was looking at all the people who were her targets.

Arryn...19 year old girl. Hybrid. She is an Ice and Dark type. She has two pokemon. A Furret and an Absol. So to destroy Arryn, fire and fairy. Is should brush up on more fire spells to weaken her. She also has something with a male named Gray in the group... We should exploit that.

Arryn... she's like my sister. She was the first one I met and was my best friend... I love that girl. Even though shes tried to steal guys I like shes still my best friend. My sister. I don't know if I could survive in that group without her...

Orchid shook her head. This awful voice was back. It was so kind and loving to her enemies. She had heard this voice before. It was awful. It was so light and cute and perky. Everything Orchid was taught to hate.

Next is Rex. He's the giant dog. He is 25... Usually a jolly guy. Referred to as the gentle giant. He is kind of the dad of the group. He is fighting and dragon. He has three pokemon... His weakness is fairy. Light of ruin could 1 hit KO him. He's also huge which I could use to my advantage... He also doesn't have a love interest in the group. Maybe a kiss from me and he would be loyal...

Ahh. Rex. He is such a sweetheart. He reminds me so much of my dad. Hes always taking care of me just like his little princess. He is such a sweet guy. Strong too. He's a protector... love him.

Shadow... he's 19. Good lord! He's only 19?! He looks so much older than that. His sister is his biggest weakness... I've fought him. He shouldn't be that hard to beat. He does have pure power which could be a problem... but if I could exploit this little dead sister thing. He would crumble.

Shadow... he is like a dad too. I remember when he was all alone when we first met him. He was a cutie. he is such an adult now... I really liked him... I even kissed him. But he didn't like me. Which means hes obviously an idiot but. hes a good idiot. Still love him... Its cool that I remind him of his sister. Well me and Arryn make up his sister haha.

Jason. Nineteen... Oh he was the looker. He was yummy. The taste of his blood... Uhm... Anyways. He's a grass type. He shouldn't be too much trouble. A kiss or two and he should be all mine.

Jason... Just his name is perfect. I only met him a few days ago but i'm already in love. It was true love... Im in love with everything about him... I want to see him again... I

Thats enough! You need to be silenced. I've had about enough of you. Who even are you anyways... Maybe I should speak to someone about you...

Talk to someone? I am you. Or you are me... either way we are the same.

So... you're like my soul or something?

Or something...

Orchid stood up and walked over to herself in the mirror. She looked at herself. She was wearing a skin tight black dress with a golden R pin on her left shoulder. She looked at the wig sitting there. The long, white and purple wig was beautiful. Then she looked back at herself. Her hair was golden, it was long but not as long as the wig. It went to about her shoulder blades, where the wig went down to her butt. Her eyes were purple and blue. They were stunning. Her eyes were more blue now. They were blue like the beautiful ocean. She looked at herself and smiled. Then she slid out of the dress and looked at herself. She had a nice body. She was skinny but still had a nice chest and butt. She got into her purple dress and laughed a little to herself. The dress was sexy but it wouldn't protect her from anything. Not that she would ever wear armor. I guess the dress was made for distracting. She then put on her purple knee high boots. Next was the helmet. She slid it on over her head and watched in the mirror. The gem in the front shined a beautiful toxic purple. Her eyes went from an ocean blue to a toxic purple. Even though the were the color of poison. They were still beautiful. Like Amethyst gems. Her nails coated themselves in a poisonous purple nail polish. Then her lips went from a pink to a light purple and she smiled at herself. The little voice, she hated so much was silenced. Now it was time to learn about her next mission.

Years

• Melody Hendricks

The man seems rather annoyed with Melody. "Well, you can start by showing me where we're all supposed to sleep around here. I'd like to ditch this bag and find Ghetsis."

She goes to grab the bag from him. "Here, let me carry that for you." Even if he lets go, she finds the bag heavy and immediately gives it back. "Never mind, it's heavy. The gentleman should carry his own bag anyway. This way!" She leads him to the elevator, dramatically raising one finger to punch the "down" button.

The elevator opens, and a grunt sees Melody trying to get in. He quickly leaves, going for the stairs. Melody laughs nervously, ushering Alek inside. "Oh, that guy! He sure loves his exercise!" She presses the "B1" button, taking them to the first basement. "The whole city is sitting on top of these underground tunnels and basements, and we control all if them. Barracks are located just down the street, under the hotel. There's one for men, one for women, and one for Hybrids. That one's co-ed." She rambles quickly, trying to avoid the awkward silence of elevator rides.

"Ghetsis spends most of his time under the Game Corner. The Don has this 'secret lab' where Cyrus and a few others are working on boring science stuff. Why do you want to see Ghetsis?"

Rex Dart

Rex sits on the floor, watching his C-gear slowly charge. It was the only light in the small room, especially since he had broken the other one. He is mostly hidden behind a stack of boxes, only his head visible from the back door. He hears the sound of garbage bags being dropped, and someone approaches from the alley.

"Hello, anyone in there? That door's supposed to be kept shut..." A man peers inside, seeing Rex's face. "Are you supposed to be back here?"

Rex fumbles for an excuse. "Um... I just needed to charge my phone. The door was unlocked."

The man looks at the door. "Really? Because the lock looks broken. Why don't you come out, and I won't call the police."

Rex sighs, grabbing his C-gear and standing. The man pales as Rex steps into view, not expecting a giant. "I'll go, just forget you saw me, okay?"

The man trembles in fear. "W-what? Why? Are you a criminal?! W-what... oh, man... don't hurt me, please!"

Not for the first time, Rex regrets his immense size. He idly wonders if his Hybrid nature makes him so large, or if he's just a run-of-the-mill giant. He puts his hand on the panicking man's head, gently closing his fingers and holding him in place. "Sorry about this." He brings his fist down sharply on the back of his hand, the force of his blow knocking the man out.

Rex leans the man against the alley wall, grabbing the charger he'd stolen from the back room of the electronics store. His C-gear has just enough charge to turn on and make a call, so he calls Arryn.

"Arryn! It's Rex. I don't have much time. I lost Gray, and I may have angered some people. I'm coming back to the house, but it'll take some time. I'm at the electronics store by the Chinese place downtown." His C-gear dies right after he says "I'm at the-" cutting him off. He growls in annoyance, going to find another outlet.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • (Note: I have permission from ElBurrito, IcyIce, and Gray-_-Hatred to kill off Darren. Just in case anyone was wondering)

Jack Frost

Jack rides the bus to an imminent location near where he is supposed to intercept the ones called Deacon Masterson and Darren. "This is such a lame way to travel. These people are all going about their daily business like usual with no idea how powerful Team Rocket is... I will change that." Jack thinks to himself. "I can't blow my cover here though and make a scene. It would only make me look bad with both Team Rocket, Archer, AND the cops. I can however toy with these insolent fools." Jack rethinks what he thought earlier. Immediately he puts one finger down beside his chair. The ice spreads out so that it's invisible until it's under all the people's chairs in the bus.

"Excuse me! My seat is cold! Can you turn on the heater, please?" An old gentlemen in a hat asks the bus driver. The bus driver obliges. "Can't let that ruin my fun." Jack thinks to himself. He puts another finger on the wall next to him and immediately the heater turns to an air conditioner and makes the bus even more cold. "Hey! I said the heater, not the air conditioner, you dolt!" The old man retaliates. He and the other people sitting in the bus get off at the next stop, all asking for refunds from the bus driver. The bus driver sighs and gives them back their money, then continuing on his way. "Well, at least you don't mind the cold." The bus driver said to Jack. "Oh, me? I don't mind the cold. I don't mind it one bit. In fact, I am the incarnation of the arctic weather." Jack thinks to himself. He sits back and relaxes now that there's no one to annoy him on the bus.

After awhile the bus stops on the corner of two streets in a neighborhood. "Thanks for the ride." Jack says to the bus driver. "Hey, buddy. You still got to to pay. Where's your change?" The bus driver asks Jack. "Excuse me? Change? You want some change? Well, here you go. How about a change in your life." Jack says with a menacing tone. Immediately the bus driver screams as he is frozen in an ice sculpture. Jack gets out of the bus dragging his hand across it until the rest is frozen as well. Then Jack goes over to one of the benches and sit. "The house they're headed to is along this way. Now all I have to do is wait for them, hahaha...." Jack thinks to himself.

--------------------------------------------

Deacon Masterson

"Yo, Darren. Can I see your C-gear for a minute? I need to make a call." Deacon asks Darren politely. Darren obliges and Deacon notices a text from a girl named Arryn on it. He opens it and reads the address. "So that's where the house of hybrids is." Deacon thinks to himself. After that he makes the call, but the person on the other end doesn't answer. "Hmm, must be bugged." Deacon thinks to himself. "Thanks, Darren." Deacon says as he gives the C-gear back to him. After turning and walking down another street Deacon sees a man who looks to be young sitting on a bench. The man stands up and starts walking to Darren and Deacon.

Jack Frost: "Finally, I've been waiting for you. Time to die!" Jack screams in an excited tone. Immediately sensing danger, Deacon jumps out of the way and grabs Darren while doing so. Jack grabs onto Darren too though, and punches him to the ground. "Oh no, Darren!" Deacon screams. He lunges at Jack who proceeds to kick him out of the way. Jack Frost: "Oh, don't worry. You'll get your turn soon enough." Jack says to Deacon. Deacon, horrified, begins to run, but Jack raises his other hand up while holding onto Darren's shirt with one and freezes Deacon up to below his head in solid ice. Jack Frost turns back to Darren as he punches him to the ground again. Darren's Houndoom lunges at Jack, ready to bite but Jack is faster. Immediately he steps to the side and takes out his ice sword from its sheath, slashing once and putting it back in its sheath. Darren's Houndoom's head rolls across the ground as the body of it falls to the ground as well. "No, why are you doing this!" Deacon cries as he secretly pounds his fist in the ice he's covered in to try and break out. Jack ignores Deacon and resumes punching Darren now that his Houndoom is dead. "Time for the finishing move!" Jack laughs wildly. An icy like weather envelops the entire area and within seconds everything is turned to snow and ice. Deacon feels a surge of pain run through him as does Darren. "Here I go!" Jack screams with excitement. He uses a couple Bulk Ups, after which he is twice as big as before. "Here I come!" Jack puts his hands in a neutral position and then fires and Ice Beam at Darren, who is launchged into the air and frozen solid. Jack then jumps into the air quickly and delivers a Close Combat on the frozen Darren. After a couple last punches, the ice is broken and Darren is shot to the ground as a crater forms around him. "No, Darren!!!" Deacon says. But it's too late. Jack walks up to Darren, picks him up by the shirt, takes out his ice sword, and with one swing Darren's head rolls across the crater and comes to a stop. "I'm! Not! Dying! Today!" Deacon screams in fury as a dark aura envelops him. Immediately the ice caging him breaks into a million pieces. "I have to go warn the others." Deacon thinks to himself and remembers the address on the C-Gear. "Go, Hydreigon! Use Fly, quickly now!" Deacon throws the Pokeball into the air and then hops on Hydreigon, flying away as he looks back at the scene with tears.

Jack Frost turns back to see Deacon flying on his Hydreigon to escape. "Oh no you don't..." Jack thinks to himself as he shots another Ice Beam into the air. The Ice beam nips a part of Deacon's arm and freezes it before Deacon is able to get away. "Haha, so you choose to flee like the coward you are? No matter, I know where you are going and I will find you soon...." Jack shouts at the fleeing Deacon. He turns his attention back to the dead bodies of Darren and Houndoom. He picks each piece up and puts it all in a giant body bag, then ties it up, and goes to the bus stop. After a while a new bus comes that takes him back to the Team Rocket hideout. Jack walks inside, and meets with Archer in his office. "I was able to kill one of them. Here you go." Jack says as he gives the body bag to Archer. "The other one got away, unfortunately... I know where he is headed though and will catch him and kill him too." Jack says. "Ah, so your mission wasn't a COMPLETE failure. However, since one of them got away and is now most likely headed to meet up with the others, you won't get the promotion. You are now a member of Team Rocket though. Welcome aboard." Archer replies back to Jack. They both laugh as a job well done by Jack.

------------------------------------------

Deacon Masterson

After a while Deacon is badly injured and sees the house. He lands in the back yard and recalls his Pokemon, stumbling inside to find a couple others as well as something that smells good. "G-guys, help.... Darren is dead......" Deacon says before he collapses onto the ground in front of the group of people.

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Lydia

Lydia shakes her head as Shadow stared at her. He was likely trying to telepathically talk to her, but just because she could do it did not mean others talk back to her with ease. They would have to learn how to talk telepathically before she could hear their thoughts. Her smile grew a little she said to Shadow as he walked off, "You are going to have to work harder at it if you want to be able to speak telepathically like me."

Facing Arryn again Lydia started to make sure the woman was healed when a random wounded stranger stumbled in. He announced some person was dead, and collapsed on the floor due to his wounds. Looking down at the wounded man startled Lydia immediately started using her abilities again to heal him as she looked over to Arryn.

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Jack Frost

Jack exited Archer's office with a look of confidence on his face. Haha, I just killed one of those annoying defect hybrids and earned myself a spot in Team Rocket." He thought to himself. He walked to the mess hall to find it deserted, until a women with long, black hair in a blue outfit came in. "Who are you?" Jack asked her. "I'm Shelly, one of the higher ups in Team Rocket. More importantly, who are YOU?" The women said, ready to attack. "I'm Jack Frost. I just joined Team Rocket." "Ah, so you're the one the higher ups have been praising for killing a hybrid. I have to say, I am quite impressed. But now's not the time for leisure. I have your new assignment....." Shelly said to him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deacon Masterson

Deacon's eyes slowly opened as he sat up and looked around. He started to feel better as he noticed one of the girls in the room had come over to heal him. Deacon slowly cleared his throat and recalled the events from earlier. "First of all, thank you for healing me. I was wounded pretty badly by a Team Rocket Hybrid I think it was. I met up with a guy named Darren, another hybrid who was on his way here. We got intercepted by this man who could shoot ice straight out of his hands. It was scary! I tried to stop the evil hybrid from hurting Darren, but unfortunately I failed and Darren was killed.... I just barely made it back here without getting killed myself. I am a hybrid too and I wanted to join your group. Let me show you." Deacon said all this in a rush. He stepped back outside where the strangers could see him, and shot a Dragon Pulse and a Dark Pulse, one from each hand into the air. Then he walked back in.

"Would you mind telling me your names? Mine is Deacon, Deacon Masterson." Deacon said to the group. "Also, I need to warn you. It seems Team Rocket knows where you guys are located. We need to leave soon before this place gets swarmed by them." Deacon added. He looked at the others with a sense of shock, still reeling from the fight he got himself into.

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn; Ice & Dark

Arryn would care about the weird exchange between Shadow and Lydia but her head feels too good to pay attention.

Warmth was a foreign feeling and she couldn't help but revel in it, closing her eyes to focus on the sensation entirely. It was much more soothing and relaxing than what Orchid put her through. If I had touched the sun, it would burn less.

"I need to pack some things. I'll be walking through to house to gather everyone's things that had been left. I'll let you two talk." Shadow's voice snaps her out of the trance she was in and she opens her eyes to see him leaving the room.

Arryn hops down from the stool to put the plate in the sink - the least I can do is wash it - when her C Gear sounds to life and Rex's name flashes across the screen. Her breathing accelerates as the worst possible scenarios run on a loop in her head. Did he get hurt during the fight with Val? Is Gray dead?

"Arryn! It's Rex. I don't have much time. I lost Gray, and I may have angered some people. I'm coming back to the house, but it'll take some time. I'm at the -"

"Dammit," Arryn taps the screen, annoyed that the connection cut. She tries to call back but it goes unanswered.

There's a loud thud as someone stumbles their way inside, falling on all fours at Lydia's feet. What now!

"G-guys, help.... Darren is dead......"

"Dead? What do you mean he's dead?" Arryn growls, dropping her arm and marching towards the intruder.

Lydia doesn't hesitate long before rushing to heal the wounded guy and Arryn physically holds herself back from causing more.

"Would you mind telling me your names? Mine is Deacon, Deacon Masterson." He introduces himself after proving he's a Hybrid. "Also, I need to warn you. It seems Team Rocket knows where you guys are located. We need to leave soon before this place gets swarmed by them."

"We are well aware that it's time to relocate," again, "...I'm Arryn." She says reluctantly, clenching her hands into fists.

Arryn stalks away - the edge of her control is inviting and she wants to jump, even if Deacon is not to blame.

"Shadow?" She calls out to him on the stairs, her voice shaking. "We have a very, very
    big problem."

Alek; Team Rocket

"Ghetsis spends most of his time under the Game Corner. The Don has this 'secret lab' where Cyrus and a few others are working on boring science stuff. Why do you want to see Ghetsis?"

He listened closely as Melody explained the arrangements for Grunts and Hybrids, amused by her actions and cheerful personality - a breath of fresh air amongst the miserable superiors, that's for sure.

"Ghetsis is the only Team Rocket member I can stand," Alek admits, honest. "Surely you have a flower amongst the weeds?"

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Deacon Masterson

"Like I said, I didn't kill him. We were attacked by another hybrid that supposedly works for Team Rocket and has Ice type and Fighting type powers. I tried to save Darren, but I was too late and he was killed by the other hybrid. The only reason I knew to find you guys was his C-gear. Here, this is proof that he's gone." Deacon said. He stood up, walked over to Arryn, and placed Darren's C-gear in her hand. "It's the only thing I was able to retrieve from him." Deacon said. He went back to the room he was in before and let Lydia keep healing him. "Geez, what's her problem? I didn't do anything to Arryn, yet she already seems mad at me." Deacon thought to himself as he secretly pouted.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shadow:

"Shadow?" Arryn's voice reaches out to him on the stairs, her voice shakey. "We have a very, very
    big problem."

Has Shadow heard her voice, he quickly returned all of his pokemon and ran to Arryn, thinking the purple girl was back. He knew there was no way he could beat her, not with her typing combo. As he returned, his peace was shattered.

"Like I said, I didn't kill him. We were attacked by another hybrid that supposedly works for Team Rocket and has Ice type and Fighting type powers. I tried to save Darren, but I was too late and he was killed by the other hybrid. The only reason I knew to find you guys was his C-gear. Here, this is proof that he's gone." A person he wasn't sure who he was said.

Shadow walked over to the new person and grabbed his shirt. Ready to kill the new comer who possibly threatened his group. But he noticed Lydia was healing him. He felt the aura that surrounded the new comer. He could tell he was telling the truth. He let go of the newcomers shirt.

"Darren, was he the only one? Was there a girl with him!? Tell me! Tell me now!" Shadow yelled at the new comer.

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Deacon Masterson

Deacon gulped as he was sure he was going to get pulverized by this man who picked him up by the shirt. Then he was set down, almost immediately. "A-a girl? I'm sorry, but I have no recollection of a girl being with Darren the whole time I was with him. I don't know what girl you're talking about, sorry." Deacon said. "Thank you, that's enough healing. I feel one hundred percent now." He said to the girl who healed him. "Well, almost one hundred percent. I'm starved. Anyone got any food around here?" Deacon asked. He saw some good breakfast across from him on the counter being made. "Can-Can I have some of that?" Deacon pointed at the food with hunger in his eyes. "Also, what is your name? Are you another hybrid?" Deacon looked at the man who had just now appeared on the scene. "My name is Deacon. Deacon Masterson. I am a Dark and Fighting type hybrid and I wanted to join you guys." Deacon said to the man.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shadow:

"A-a girl? I'm sorry, but I have no recollection of a girl being with Darren the whole time I was with him. I don't know what girl you're talking about, sorry." The new comer answered, obviously frightened.

Shadow let out a breath. Darren was definitely a loss for the group. But Shadow couldn't really show much emotion. He hadn't gotten to know Darren like the others.

"Eat what you want. We need to leave anyways." Shadow said, holding his anger back.

His fear grew for Tulip. If Darren had been killed, what of Tulip? Shadow was certain the others could take care of themselves, but Tulip had a way of... having to be saved constantly. Shadow quickly thought about what to do. He wasn't sure how to continue. He wasn't sure what to do. But then he felt something. Something sisterly in the direction of the mansion. Was Tulip there? He took a deep breath.

"Arryn, Lydia. And you Deacon, grab Jason where ever the hell he is and see if you can find Gray. I am going to check the forest. I want to see if Tulip is back at her mansion for something. I'll meet you when I find out. Stay safe Arryn. Lydia. Both of you are strong I know. Watch each other's backs. If Team Rocket thinks they can pick us off, one at a time. They are sadly mistaken. See if you can find Gray. Rex also is missing. I am certain they are ok." Shadow said as he readied to go. When I find Tulip, I will tell her about Darren. Although I know you know her better Arryn, I think it be better for me to tell her." Shadow said as he packed everything up he needed.

He looked at his sister pendant, it hadn't cracked anymore. He had held back his anger well enough where the pure power tried to escape.

He knew something was going to happen this day. It be his death or something more. There was no doubt, he was positive that this day would become bloodier that the night of Silph Co.

VillageofDragons

Years
  • Deacon Masterson

"Thanks so much!" Deacon replied. He hungrily got a plate, put some food on it, and chowed down till there was nothing left. Then he rinsed off the dish and put it in the dishwasher. "Mmm, that was great!" Deacon then turned to the man and heard his new request to find a hybrid named Jason. "Sure! I will do my best to help find him." Deacon replied. He got ready and packed his stuff, putting his Pokeballs away and got into travel gear. Finally, he came back to the room where everyone was. "Alright, let's move out. I will follow you, Arryn and Lydia." Deacon said to the two girls. "Don't worry. I will try my best to help protect them." Deacon said to the man. "I'm glad I'm finally a part of something bigger than myself. But now's not the time for celebrating. Apparently Darren was their friend, and now I've got to help right the wrongs Team Rocket is doing." Deacon thought to himself.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Lydia

"No," echoed Lydia's stern voice as she walked up and took ahold of Shadow's shoulder. "You're afraid and you are not thinking rationally. If you go out alone you are putting yourself in danger, as well as the rest of us. How would you feel if your friend here got hurt… or killed while you were off chasing after the lost?" continued Lydia as she spun around in front of Shadow so she was blocking his path. She motioned her head toward Arryn when she mentioned the word friend.

"Things are falling apart, and people are starting to react without fully thinking their actions through. We all have to be careful to not unwind the situation further. First priority needs to be to get everyone somewhere safe. From there calm minds can prevail and you can discover the best way to find those who are lost and decide what further actions to take," echoed Lydia's voice through everyone's heads as she stood in Shadow's way. His desire to protect was getting in the way of him making rational decisions at this point. Looking around at the other hybrids she looked down for a second before her burdened voice added, "I know somewhere that they will likely not be able to find you. It should be safe… at least for enough time to recover and think about what action should be taken next."

Years

• Melody Hendricks

"Ghetsis is the only Team Rocket member I can stand. Surely you have a flower amongst the weeds?" Alek has lasted longer in conversation with Melody than any other Rocket she's been paired with. Of course, he hasn't heard her singing yet, either.

"Don't call me 'Shirley'." She flashes a smile. "I don't like many of the big fish around here, except for Cyrus. He's got style. And he was always nice to me! Even gave me a microphone, with this cute little ruby in the base. When I sing into that bad boy, everyone hears me, and they all feel the music in them, know what I mean?"

The elevator doors open, letting them out. The barracks are mostly empty this time of day, so Melody feels comfortable breaking the rules. Tired of having to look up at Alek, she hums a quick little tune, Levitating up to eye level. She can't help but giggle as she floats out of the elevator, leading Alek to the Hybrid barracks.

"But seriously, I can't stand most of the people here. Too many rules, too many restrictions. A girl just wants to have fun, you know? And they won't let me be me. Not allowed to float, not allowed to sing, they even took my microphone away!"

By now, they've reached the barracks, a small room hidden inside what used to be a bakery's basement. With less than a dozen Hybrids in town, it's practically deserted. Melody floats over to her bunk, lying down in midair and sinking into it. "Here we are! Take any bed you want! Except this one, 'cuz it's mine and I'm not sharing. You get a bed and a foot locker." She taps her locker for emphasis, scowling at the industrial strength padlock on it.

Rex Dart

Skulking around the alleys reminds Rex of Saffron, before he met his new friends. Of course, back then he had his Pokemon, and wasn't being actively hunted by Team Rocket (mostly because they thought he was dead). But after last night's antics, he has to be careful and stay out of sight. And the house is still halfway across town, so it'll be some time before he can rejoin the others. "I hope they're doing alright..."

shatteredxfrost

Years

Arryn; Ice & Dark

"I don't need protection," Arryn snatches her bag up from behind the couch where it was discarded only yesterday. I never even got the chance to unpack.

Fear is consuming every part of her; fear for Rex's safety, fear for Gray and Val's battle, fear for her missing sister and now Shadow was going to leave her with strangers. But the situation is bigger than her bitterness, so Arryn grabs hold of his elbow and pivots him around to face her.

"Call if you need help. I mean it, even if you stub your toe just... call and be safe." Arryn peers around him at Lydia. "Are you coming?" If the Hybrid said no, it would be just Arryn and Deacon... an uncomfortable conversation just waiting to happen.

Objective is to find Gray, as Shadow said, but she would look for Rex along the way - maybe even Anna.

"You want to be a part of this group?" Arryn rounds on Deacon, chucking another bag from the couch into his arms. "Make yourself useful and answer me this; what did this guy look like? The one that killed Darren."

Alek; Team Rocket

Alek follows Melody out of the elevator and into the Hybrids barracks, taking in the small room that couldn't fit more than a dozen people comfortably.

"Homey," he walks further into the room.

"Here we are! Take any bed you want! Except this one, 'cuz it's mine and I'm not sharing. You get a bed and a foot locker."

He sets his bag down on the one opposite hers and crouches to inspect the foot locker. Unlike Melody's, his padlock is pretty flimsy and easily broken by any Hybrid. Standing, he opts to shove Arryn's letter beneath the pillow instead.

"Thanks for the tour, Mel," Alek walks between their bunks, ruffling her hair on the way. "I will see you around."

Boarding the elevator, Alek inspects the map of Goldenrod hiked onto the pristine walls, searching for the Game Corner.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Shadow:

Shadow felt Arryn's arm as he listened to what Lydia had to say.

"Call if you need help. I mean it, even if you stub your toe just... call and be safe." Arryn had said.

After she finished talking to him, he turned to Lydia.

"It may be out of fear. And it is true that I may not be thinking clearly. But there is one thing I know, and that is not to leave anyone behind. You say it would be better for everyone to think and find those who are lost, but there isn't time for that. Tulip has always gotten her self in to danger and now when the threat is greater, she suddenly disappears. I was the one who sent Tulip away from the mansion, if anything happens to her, it is truly my fault. What I fear most is the fact that she hasn't teleported back to us yet when she usually does." Shadow explained calmly, no anger in his voice.

He knew Lydia would try to stop him. He was 100% certain that she would. That is why he stayed calm. He main reasoning was to see how everyone felt about him.

"You want to be a part of this group? Make yourself useful and answer me this; what did this guy look like? The one that killed Darren." Arryn had asked then new guy.

Shadow grabbed Arryn's arm and spun her into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her in a hug, but also to talk to her for her ears only.

"I know you are strong Arryn. I saw your power personally. I don't know who else has seen it, but I have. Just don't do something as stupid as you did the night at Silph Co. You asked me a question at why I came after you, truth is, originally I wasn't going to, but as I watched you run down that street. I couldn't let a friend die like that. Darren was ambushed, but you went head long into a shit storm of hell. Keep your guard up." Shadow whispered into her ear.

He let go of her and walked over to the new person.

"Deacon, I think is what you said. Here is your only warning. If you hurt them, well... you may not have to worry about me. But if for some reason you do, I will hunt you down. And one more warning, I am the laid back one of the group, and far from the most aggressive one." After Shadow warned Deacon he walked by Lydia who he softly moved out of the way.

"Once I return... I will stick around. This group... this group is my family. It is thanks to Lydia I see that now. This group is the closest I probably will ever have now. I will do anything to protect anyone in it." Shadow announced as he walked out the door, "And if the day ever comes where I have to sacrifice my own life to save anyone, I will do it."

And with that, Shadow started to walk away from the house. He would walk at his normal speed until he got to the road, in which he would then run.

Back