• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Day Two] - Gym Leader Tournament!

Which Kanto Gym Leader is your Favourite?

• Brock

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Misty

• Lt. Surge

• Erika

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Koga

• Sabrina

• Blaine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giovanni

• Blue

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    [Day Two] - Gym Leader Tournament!

From Kanto, who would you say is your favourite Gym Leader? They could be because of their personality, their challenge in battle, or anything else you can think of! Feel free to vote in the polls along with posting your answer! As an added incentive, the Gym Leader who recieves the most votes will become the featured host for a future event in The Kanto Festival! The Poll will last for 7 days.

For example, I tend to favor Erika more, from Celadon City! She's been my personal favourite for years now, because she's quite serene, and I do love her awkward carefree nature to just doze off at times, haha. If you've played HG/SS, you'll see that she's pretty much a gossiper too. o3o

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I guess I'd say that Brock is my favorite Kanto Gym Leader

not sure why, but hey

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Misty for me. Has been for twenty years precisely because she has a gnack for getting Crits with her fast Staryu line and knowing Bubblebeam that early(65 Power). Lt.Surge can be wicked too but the fact Ground Typing negates his biggest weapon in Thunderbolt hurts his fear factor. Go with a Rock Type in Geodude and he's even easier since Mega Kick and Mega Punch are basically cut in half. His Red/Blue variant is even easier lol.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    I voted Brock, Misty, Blue and Lt. Surge!

I'll admit, both Brock and Misty are strongly favoured for their personalities and roles in the anime. Brock is such a lovable character! And I enjoy Misty's confident, brash attitude. ^ ^ Her fear of bugs is also relatable, but.... poor Caterpie! In the games, I think these two offer the most memorable Gym battles.

Blue is plain awesome. We need more rivals like him! The confident, mocking ones who are always one step ahead of you. Hau is nice and all, as a friend.... not so much as a rival. xD

As for Lt. Surge, he seems like a really interesting person to know! Electric-type also happens to be my favourite, and Gym Leaders possessing this type can be pretty tough!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    My number one favorite Gym Leader will always be Lt. Surge and then you can throw Brock and Giovanni in there as well. I think it may have to do with the fact that I grew up with the old school games and Pokemon Red was my first game that I played.

Years
    I voted for Misty and Blue. Out of all the Kanto Gym Leaders they are most memorable for me. Blue is Blue, do I really have to say more? He's one of the best Rivals we got in games.
    And Misty... Well, aside her role in the anime, I loved Misty in Gen II games. Interrupting her date is one of its kind event.

Years
    Sabrina really takes the cake for me not just as favourite Kanto Gym Leader, but favourite Gym Leader overall. I'm not sure what it is specifically but I'm fairly sure it's jus because she has psychic powers and that has always been amazing to me, haha.

Back