• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Demo's expectations

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    So the demo gets released in about 3 days, what are your expectations of it?
    Will we be able to catch and use new Pokemon or just Ash-Greninja?
    Will be be getting a 2 hours gameplay like the one we've seen this week?
    I honestly really looking forward to download it, even if its just a minor gameplay, like ORAS's demo had.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm pretty sure they said that people will get Ash-Greninja in the demo, and be able to transfer it to the full games when those release a month later. I think there was something similar in the ORAS demo where you could get something in there and send it to your ORAS file.

I have no idea what it'll be like compared to the early release demos that reviewers get, but maybe someone else knows.

I'm personally not interested in demos, and don't plan to get the Sun/Moon one. Am a bit interested in what the datamining (because people WILL do it lol) reveals though.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    My guess is we only get Ash 'Ninja who's "exclusive" but not exclusive like the Megas from the ORAS Demo.

We get locked to an edited route 1. We get to see new pokemon, but that's it. There's some trainers we get to fight, and possibly a mini story. I could see main characters like Hala appearing to.

So close, so I can't wait to find out what it has!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I assume that any Pokemon we do obtain will have a level cap to prevent us from grinding and seeing the evolutions before it's time. I also fully expected it to be datamined, given the size of the demo.

I'm gonna download it for Ash Greninja, though.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'm still on the fence with downloading it. I really want to be surprised when I boot up the full game. Although I really dislike Ash-Greninja, I do want it for my collection. Here's to hoping that they learned their lesson with the ORAS datamine and make near impossible to get the information.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I think we'll be able to do one edited or demo-exclusive trial, catch some Pokemon, battle some trainers (use Greninja's Battle Bond) and explore the region a bit.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Why is it called Ash-Greninja in the games though? Surely Ash Ketchum doesn't exist in the world of the games? His "counterpart" in the games is Red. So how can this Pokémon exist in the games with this form difference and name? I find it absolutely nonsensical and I hate the entire concept.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Why is it called Ash-Greninja in the games though? Surely Ash Ketchum doesn't exist in the world of the games? His "counterpart" in the games is Red. So how can this Pokémon exist in the games with this form difference and name? I find it absolutely nonsensical and I hate the entire concept.
    Same reason why cats and whales can breed and I can hatch a Pokémon that's already a mother...

Seriously, why are people still so up and arms about Ash-Greninja not making any sense? It makes more sense compared to other things in their universe.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Ditto what others have said about it being datamined. That seems like a given anyway, regardless of whether there's anything to be datamined. (I'm not that hopeful that Gamefreak won't leave everything in the demo though)

I guess it's possible that we'll see a new Pokemon or Alola form (The latter might be more likely) especially since Gamexplain have confirmed that they encountered new Pokemon that hadn't been revealed yet. (and you'd assume they were first stage Pokemon with it being the first two hours of the game, so them being evolutions of Pokemon we already know is pretty unlikely)

Somehow I don't think we'll be playing the first two hours of the game though, we'll probably be off on some secluded island battling trainers or something like that. Maybe Team Skull will show up too.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think it will be similar to what the reviewers managed to complete. I'd say the first two hours of the storyline which will probably include receiving the starter Pokémon, meeting Kukui and exploring parts of MeleMele island.

Well, Im definitely going to download it cuz why not ? :)
    Is it free?

Yup, the demo is free.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I think it will be similar to what the reviewers managed to complete. I'd say the first two hours of the storyline which will probably include receiving the starter Pokémon, meeting Kukui and exploring parts of MeleMele island.
    So after 2 hours we wont be able to play it again? Or we could just play only from where we've last been?

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    We should be getting a 2-hour ish gameplay. I thought that was basically confirmed from the reviewers that have played the demo, or am I wrong on that?
    Nope. What those reviewers played was the actual game. This demo will most likely be very different.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Zero expectations because it'll bore me after 3 seconds just like the ORAS one

I know but the ORAS demo was still nice. It would be cool to walk with the new player and battle using the new mechanics/music etc

But yes. Im keeping my hopes low

Years
  • I'm excited to try evolving a Pikipek. It seems like that could be doable in the context of a demo. That's the only expectation I have for now.

Back