• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Demo's expectations

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'm excited to try evolving a Pikipek. It seems like that could be doable in the context of a demo. That's the only expectation I have for now.
    Unfortunately, they didn't let us catch Pokémon in the ORAS demo so I doubt they would here.

But why does the demo is so heavy? I wonder
    Either the demo actually is full of content or (plz no) they left in a bunch of leftover data.

Years
  • Unfortunately, they didn't let us catch Pokémon in the ORAS demo so I doubt they would here.

Either the demo actually is full of content or (plz no) they left in a bunch of leftover data.

Ooh, I never played the ORAS demo. Good to know.

Hopefully he will make an appearance for us somehow.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Yes, I think that's it. They may or may not include new info in the demo for us to explore. But I think the purpose of this demo is to show us a bit of the game, and how they've improved,etc. It's only to give us a little glance of the mechanics,etc. Something like the ORAS demo maybe?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I really hope its something fun that doesnt last 5mins..
    I think that the ORAS one was pretty fair

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It took some reviewers a good two hours to even reach the first Trial Captain, and that's just on the first island. If that's any indication then MeleMele island seems to be packed with stuff to do and places to explore.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I don't know why people keep comparing this demo with the game some reviewers played. They didn't play the demo, I think they played the actual game, for only 2 hours. Am I wrong?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I don't know why people keep comparing this demo with the game some reviewers played. They didn't play the demo, I think they played the actual game, for only 2 hours. Am I wrong?

Because the demo could just as well be the first two hours of the game taking place on the first island. There's been no confirmation as to what the demo includes, but I can't see what else it would involve unless it is just some sort of extra side quest that involves capturing Ash-Greninja (like the ORAS demo). The Gates to Infinity demo, for example, was basically the first hour of gameplay. Idk, I could be wrong but that's how I think it will play out.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • I don't think we start at Route 1 at the demo...? We get Ash-Greninja which should be at lvl 36 the very least (Ash evolved his Greninja from a lil Froakie) The demo might follow the ORAS demo trend and we'll start at Akala Island instead of MeleMele Island.

We could meet Olivia from the recent new trailer, battle some Team Skull grunts (there better be some to fight with!), some trainers and that's about it? If anything that they could put in a demo is a clothes store to emphasize the character customization, and also the Rotom Snap (gotta take photos rather than completing island trials)

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • Because the demo could just as well be the first two hours of the game taking place on the first island. There's been no confirmation as to what the demo includes, but I can't see what else it would involve unless it is just some sort of extra side quest that involves capturing Ash-Greninja (like the ORAS demo). The Gates to Infinity demo, for example, was basically the first hour of gameplay. Idk, I could be wrong but that's how I think it will play out.
    It's very unlikely since we get Ash-Greninja as our Pokemon in the demo. The ORAS demo wasn't the first two hours.

Rain

Years
  • The demo is already up on the Japanese eshop (can't download it yet), so I'm hoping it will be available at midnight in Japan.
    One more hour to go.

Edit: It's past midnight in Japan and it's still not available for download. It looks like we're all getting it at the same time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Why is it called Ash-Greninja in the games though? Surely Ash Ketchum doesn't exist in the world of the games? His "counterpart" in the games is Red. So how can this Pokémon exist in the games with this form difference and name? I find it absolutely nonsensical and I hate the entire concept.
    It is a weird name. Maybe it was shoehorned in from the anime?

Maybe they just stuck with the nme in the anime. It does seem weird. Thngs like Mega-Evolution are typs of evolution, so they should be named like that. In addition, it should apply to more than just Greninja - Golem couldnt have a real 'Ash-Greninja form,' could they? Hopefully this isnt a lasting name. It could change later in the game.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I figured since Ash-Greninja is the term most people were familiar with, they just left it that way because it's just a demo Pokemon, from what we know. @__@ I was hoping they'd change the name, but eeeeh.

Also, I'm checkin the eShop off and on, but it'll probably hit later today.

Just a heads up guys, Nintendo UK tweeted that the demo will release late morning on 18/10 which is presumably between 10am - 11am BST.
    UK is only roughly 5-6 hours ahead of most of the US and Canada, so then we're going to get it tomorrow?

Back