• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen DexNav Chaining???

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    I saw some guy on youtube dexnav chaining looking for a shiny. Anyone else heard of this? Is it real or is the guy lying? Maybe it just increases chances of a shiny like masuda method and does not need chaining. Anyone got more information on this?

CurseShooter

Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • I saw some guy on youtube dexnav chaining looking for a shiny. Anyone else heard of this? Is it real or is the guy lying? Maybe it just increases chances of a shiny like masuda method and does not need chaining. Anyone got more information on this?

Never heard of this. However the more you encounter a Pokemon of the same species the higher the level of search will be and thus the higher chance you get for HA, higher levels, egg moves, IV's, etc. Don't know if it helps with shiny hunting though...

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    Never heard of this. However the more you encounter a Pokemon of the same species the higher the level of search will be and thus the higher chance you get for HA, higher levels, egg moves, IV's, etc. Don't know if it helps with shiny hunting though...

I got a shiny zigzagoon in the beginning of the game using dexnav which made me think it was possible when i saw the video and the guy got a shiny tropius with dexnav too

Years
  • I believe as you have more encounters with one pokemon, it's easier to find that pokemon with rarer and rarer things (egg moves, higher level than normal) so imo it seems legit that you could find shinies of specific pokemon faster with DexNav if you have more encounters of the pokemon. I'm just guessing here though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    I believe as you have more encounters with one pokemon, it's easier to find that pokemon with rarer and rarer things (egg moves, higher level than normal) so imo it seems legit that you could find shinies of specific pokemon faster with DexNav if you have more encounters of the pokemon. I'm just guessing here though.

I agree and something i found interesting when you first use the dexnav on a pokemon you might get no pokemon in the area mssg but if you find one and faint it then without moving you hit search it always finds another without fail. If you run from it then hit search you get the no pokemon mssg again. To me that seems like a chain

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    My first shiny was from the route west of Mauville City, and it was a Surskit, although said PKMN just suddenly popped out on the grass and I really wanted to ignore it, but then decided to kill it for the exp. And then, boom, it was a shiny. :D

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Maybe this DexNav chaining really exists? I mean, first two hours and all I encountered through the DexNav were... Surskits. I was like, "AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE RARE OR SOMETHING?" since back at the originals I have never encountered Surskit, well maybe once, but never again. But in ORAS I ended up with at least 5-6 encounters of the thing. I'm tired of seeing Surskits now.

But DexNav chaining... hmm... I guess I might try it out sometime. Mmm... shinies...

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • I have never seen a surskit in ORAS lol. However, I feel there are zigzagoons on almost every route in the game. Post game i defenitely want to try that. I still haven't figured out the dexnav though. :/

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Ain't Surskit Sapph-exclusive or something?

Anyway I've heard DexNav chaining is a thing. A few people have posted guides that I've seen- you CAN use repels, and you have to battle, defeat, do not move, and search again. Don't know how accurate that is but a ton of people have been getting shinies with that method.

Back