• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3ga_S1nn3r

Beginner Hacker :)
    Years
    Wow!!!!!

Pokesav. That's the answer. If anyone is experienced in programming, check out the pokesav application. It's located at https://www.drakendomain.net. It generates ARDS codes, so it definitely has to deal with hex editing and offsets. Also, check out the ARDS codes separately to find out how the thing works. It will help, I can tell you that.

EDIT:
    I made a banner for this thread. It's a userbar, not nearly as cool, but space-saving for those of you that want to have multiple pics in your signature without having to worry about pixel size as much.
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking
    Like it?
    Here's the code for it:
    Replace {}s with []s to work for BBCode.
    {URL="https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=82080"}{IMG}https://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff192/EvilRandomMonkey/dphackers.png{/IMG}{/URL}

WOOT!!!! I like the banner EvilCrazyMonkey... Looks very good.... like i promised your doing a wonderful job...

pokenar.... Well.... If he can make a heck lot of design programs.... He could just help us.... could u ask him if he can make 3-D Design Tools?

Well... I guess were making up for lost time eyy? Lol! But were far from hacking diamond and pearl... even if it takes years i would still hack diamond and pearl.... look how old Gold/Silver are... and people are still hacking em.... Well all i can say is WOOT!!!!! 1 Step closer to hacking diamond and pearl (I Don't No How Many Steps There Are To Hack Diamond And Pearl???) Lol! :)

EvilCrazyMonkey

D/P Hacker-in-Training
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2012
    Trying to Map Edit.

Taking what spenceroone3 did, we should expand on it.
    1. Go somewhere between 6000000-7000000 and look for alternating patterns. It has to be something like 8F 31 03 8F 31 03 8F 31 03 over and over and over again. The alternation can be longer, but it must alternate. Those probably correspond to the map tile, the walkability of the tile(solid, passable, surfable), and the Z-index of the tile(aka the height).
    2. Record the offset of whatever you're going to edit and the original code. At first, to be safe, change it to a low number. Record that also.
    3. Hunt for what you have changed, but don't take too long. If you cannot find what you have changed, go back to the hex editor and change it back.
    4. If you can find what you have changed in the thing, congratulations! Record what happened before and after the change. Post it here, with all the recordings. If it's a map change, we'd be about 20 steps closer to cracking D/P. If it's a map change, edit a single thing to see how the game reads the individual bytes of the map. If you can edit certain bytes and obtain a different tile each time, start making a file of what byte(s) correspond to what tiles. If you can, do the same with the z-index and walkability of the tiles. If we can see what those certain things are, it will be a hell of a lot easier to create a mapping program.
    5. If you notice someone talking and saying something different in your game, record what they said before and after. Congratulations, you can now create a text table! Finish that up, and post it here.
    6. If someone is doing something odd, or their script is funny, we are a step closer to scripting D/P! If you're an inexperienced scripter(like me...), then you should probably hand the job down to a very experienced scripter.
    7. If an item does something funny, then we may be able to change what items do in the game.
    8. If it's anything else, then tell us here and we could probably be able to change much more than we could in the Advanced Generation.

If you want to add to this, post it here and I'll edit it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    you know text is already hacked and documented right? and so are Items i (think) moves leveluptables and all that simple suff
    for text table & how to decrypt text see:
    pokeguide.filb.de/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1177337015&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&
    (yeah i know the tool is not exactly user friendly...)

The only thing that has not been demonstrated yet are
    -maphacking (which will be very complicated because of 3d)
    -and scripting (mostly because it has a lot to do with maps)

EvilCrazyMonkey

D/P Hacker-in-Training
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2012
    Pattern Found.

I found something intresting in the hex coding of the game. My emulator isn't working yet, so I cannot edit it and find out what it is yet.

It starts at the offset 0x253D668. It's a pattern, 32 bytes long. Here it is:

B1 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
    30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
    B2 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
    30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
    B2 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
    30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
    B2 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
    30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
    B2 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
    30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30

I don't know, it just seems to pop out at me. Someone, please see what it is. I think it might have something to do with a map. I'll work on my emulator tommorow, when I'm at home.

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
    Years
    Ok, does anyone know the hex codes to make the hero blue instead of blue? I've been trying to do it forever but nothing happens. I'm sorry if I'm supposed to post somewhere else though

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2008
    Has anyone figured out how to edit the wild pokemon? I think diamond and pearl is a great game but the wild pokemon selection really brings it down. I would love to make a patch where all pokemon are catchable. I would imagine this cant be too difficult because it was relatively easy in previous games.

pokemon time

pokemon master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2008
    i dont know if has been answered or not oh well
    how can i change the title in diamond and pearl

ryanycg

I have a kakuna staring at me
    Years
    I have an english version of diamond and pearl since last year at 28 november 2007.
    but i cant post any of those becuase it is illegal:(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back