• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did/Would you Replay SM?

Did/Would you replay SM?

• Yes

Votes: 36 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • Do you have the intent of replaying SM? Why or why not? Any thoughts?

SM was a good game no doubt, but something about it to me doesn't make me wanting to replay the game. SM, in a way, seemed a bit slow to me, which I have no problem with, but is mainly the reason why I'm not reaching to pick it up & replay it from having to cover so much material again & knowing the plot twist makes replaying the game lose its twinkle in a way.

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
    Years
  • Nooooooooo! Nope! No way! Nein! Auf keinen Fall!
    Sorry for the childish reaction (and German disapproval), but I'm the type that doesn't stand being held by a hand, forced to endure dozens to hundreds of forced conversations, and be showered in items and money. I just want to explore a Pokémon game freely! =/

The graphics are quite nice, seeing trainer's reactions was fun, and I loved Team Skull for its quirkiness, but I was actually wanting to be the villain in the game. Rather than be the chosen one to save the day as usual, I was hoping to join Team Skull in the game and make the lazy police wake up so they don't sit around and do nothing all day! =O I'm not into graffiti, dressing that silly, or acting that silly in RL, but I'd happily be the alarm clock the laid-back islands need! XD

I could mentioned dozens of reason why I personally don't want to touch the game again, buuuut... if some other users want to play it, hey! Good for you! ^^ A lot of people like Animal Crossing while it's just too slow for me, so some games just don't appeal to me, sorry. *sweat* I just hope I didn't offend anyone with my reaction. >_<

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yeah I would if I was bored enough or just wanted to revisit Alola. I replay all games eventually, but with this game, I'd rather not. I usually buy both versions for that reason, but currently, I just don't want to replay the game.

The cutscenes are nice, but there are too many of them and they are just too long in some cases. The game is too small and too many areas are blocked off for no reason which is annoying. The cinematics are great, the ones I am not a fan of are the ones where you have to talk FOREVER before you can save the game.

It is unlikely that I will buy both versions of the game. I probably won't replay until Stars comes out. I'd rather replay HG, BWBW2, ORAS and XY before I replay SM. And I am still playing ORAS more than Sun. Which isn't a very good sign.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Definitely! I'm going to buy Moon this summer and start playing again! I would play it now but that would definitely distract me from school, which I don't really need honestly

Years
  • Nope, everytime I reset a Pokemon I eventually end up not completing it. Also I've obtained way too much valuable Pokemon, so I wouldn't just give them up.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    If I can find myself actually completing the current save I have, maybe. Though the game feels excessively long because of the surplus of cutscenes. I also felt that Team Skull felt like they were just there and a bit of uhh, ok who cares..... I just really didn't see them as the villainious team I hoped they'd turn out to be. I also feel like it would't have much replay value as other games in the series which most have more to do in my opinion.

Guest123123

I have both Sun and Moon, so I technically did get to replay. I've been considering doing it in the future too. They're my favorite games in the series so far.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I plan to replay it, probably as a monotype challenge. I also want to get a hidden ability Drampa and this is the easiest way.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I have both games but tbh I'm struggling to find time to play my Moon game (completed Sun).

The hand holding aspect is one part of the games fault (along with cutscenes) that turns me off (the other is real life stuff AKA issues unrelated to the game).

Been meaning to though. Magearna event twice would be nice.

pkmin3033

I'm thinking about it. I never finished Sun, and I have a copy of Moon. I may give it a second chance to impress me, although I suspect that it'll be a waste of time. I've never enjoyed myself less in a Pokemon game - not even Black - so a replay (or even just finishing my current file on Sun) is something I view with no small amount of trepidation. Too soon, perhaps.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I would and did replay the game. :3

My replay has been a bit more enjoyable, as I speedran my first time and didn't really take the time to really explore. I even used the new option to select a different skin tone other than what would be normal for the game. {Previously protagonists were all of fair complexion}.

Just that minor change made a nice difference and was nice, as I was able to later style my character differently from the first playthrough and really appreciate the new options for appearance.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I replayed it once, just so I could say I beat both versions. Probably not going to go through them again though, unless some incredible opportunity comes up.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • okay... here's the thing. in all my previous experiences playing and replaying games, i always had a special bond to every single pokemon i caught, and the story that played through. it may seem melodramatic, but i actually vividly remember playing each game. ever since gen 4, i have replayed all my games atleast twice, discluding x and y, which i replayed once. sun and moon was different. there were no special memories with the game, although it was really good. but i'm sure i will replay it in time...

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I in general don't replay most pokemon games, I mostly beat the game once, enjoy the game for what it was, and then focus on collecting and breeding.
    However, I have replayed Emerald twice because that is my favorite pokemon game ever made and I've also played hacks that were more or less remakes of the older games, but other than those two examples, I don't replay most pokemon games.

I will say this though, the overall story and characters of the game (separating tutorial from proper story dialogue), was actually really good and there weren't any characters that I thought were annoying or useless. I will admit that Team Skull probably should have been fleshed out a bit more, but I still felt that they did serve their purpose within the story, being the proxy as well as a scapegoat. I thought the overall story was the second best in the series with B/W having the number one spot. Plus this game had some of the most entertaining, witty, and nostalgic dialogue I have ever seen in a pokemon game.

I had a rough time making it through the constant tutorial and hand holding. Considering all of the adult jokes and innuendo's throughout the entire game, it's obvious that Game Freak knew that their target audience was wider than just young children, so then why was the tutorial longer and more tedious than OR/AS (which also did a ton of hand holding)? With each game it seems like Game Freak thinks children are getting dumber than they were with their previous release.
    Playing through Moon, the game made me feel like they were treating me like an idiot who has never touched a game ever, and that alone would prevent me from replaying the game. I don't like it when games treat me like I don't know how to learn through playing.

I'm sort of salty about the overall region itself, as I mentioned in a different thread, the lack of real water routes make me feel sort boxed in on these islands. I didn't think the islands were too small, but they did feel claustrophobic. Knowing there wasn't any real traveling space between the islands made me feel like I was traveling to hit the edge of the map and then be "warped" over to the next map, from one box to the next box.

Even if I was interested in replaying pokemon games, I don't think I would restart Moon. It's mostly the maps and tutorial that really make me want to stay away from picking it up again.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • Perhaps when Gen VIII will come out.

I do feel like re-discovering the storyline but I do not want to sacrifice my old save file for that. I still need to get Pokémon Bank so I can store my Pokémon there, as I want to do the same with ORAS and X&Y.

Years
  • I will definitely replay Moon eventually, however I currently have all my Pokemon from nearly every generation on it so I will probably have to wait until the next installment of the series to replay Moon cause I'm not gonna buy Sun or another copy. But I kinda like that tbh, I find I enjoy replaying Pokemon games more when it's been a decent amount of time so I forgot stuff.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've replayed it twice already. The first time I played I felt like melemele island took forever to get past, but I didn't take into account that I was actually paying close attention to everything. During the second and third time I played I knew the story so I just put text speed on fast and a clicked through all that dialogue.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I've only finished the game once and haven't touched it since. I had fun while playing it, but I forgot about it instantly after. Most Pokemon games have stuck with me after playing, but this one just didn't. I don't know, just felt like an unexciting game to me.

So no, I probably won't be replaying them anytime soon.

Back