• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you like Pokémon Scarlet/Violet?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2023
    Hi everyone. I am ready for a new Pokémon game. I thought Scarlet/Violet was good but some things like how hard and bugged it is to catch the legendary Pokémon wasn't my cup of tea. I don't know exactly what I want for the new versions but I am definitely ready for it whatever it is.
    So did you like Scarlet and Violet?

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • 10/10 game for me! I loved the story so much, and I can't for the BB academy! it also introduced Spidops, which is now one of my all time favorite mons.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I very much appreciated the move into open world, but I think GF still has much work to do to make the environments feel more immersive. The story was also decent, and I appreciated that characters showed expressions, instead of that constant smiling face we had in past Pokemon games.

There weren't too many Pokemon that made my favorites list, which I found saddening.

Years
  • I did enjoy the game, but for me after a while the wild open world just started feeling bland and repetitive. The DLC didn't fix that. Sure; new environments, different look... yet it feels like the same old same old as the base game to me still.

As for the newly introduced Pokemon... it's on the weaker side, as gens 6 - 8 had far more Pokemon that I really liked. But it's still okay. One thing gen 9 has going for it is introducing a new grass starter that has tied itself with Meganium for my favorite Grass starter.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Both games are a step in the right direction (open world, seeing shiny Pokémon run around, etc.). I've been playing it since release and always find something to do. I love the design of a lot of the Gen 9 Pokémon. Bellibolt, Lokix, Skeledirge, Scovillain, and Ogrepon are just some of my favorites.

Years
  • Yes. I loved the final battle/ending scenes especially. But I'm so bummed about the performance.. that puts it at no higher than 7/10 for me. What could've been a really amazing game is bogged down a lot by performance. But has some amazing mons like Tinkaton, and the open world is still fun, so I did enjoy it!

Years
  • I think Legends Arceus was overall slightly better but the open world was better in SV.
    SV has the best story since Gen 5, it's just a shame the performance and graphics were so bad.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I played though it once and never touched it again, which is a first for me. I usually replay the game at least once.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Overall, I liked Scarlet and Violet. I've only played Scarlet, but still. I love how open world it is, and that there are 3 main arcs and one postgame arc. The soundtrack is nice too, I like the concept of Paradox Pokemon, and Skeledirge, Ceruledge, Tinkaton, Clodsire, Pawmot, Arboliva, Meowscarada, and Ogerpon have made my list of favourite Pokemon.

However, there are a few things I would've changed. First of all, I would've added level scaling. Second, in trainer customization, I would've given players the option to remove the tie from their character.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • For me, the question is "do you like Scarlet/Violet," as I never stopped liking it. To answer the question, yes, I love it. I really enjoy the freedom the game brings and Pokémon walking openly in the wild. It is how Pokémon should definitely be.

Years
  • I managed to somehow ignore a lot of the bugs and try to appreciate how well things were executed. And honestly? I did like much of it. I do wish they'd slow down and pack the game with more content rather than rush things though.

It'd be amazing if [insert laundry list of features here]

The streamlined battle system and open world were pretty great for their first full attempts. And I've not really encountered a crash after all the patching. If only the game looked and ran smooth, but I find that hard to get too mad about.

Back