• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Digimon Adventure TCG

Days
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    ²
    It Didn't exist, until Now:
    Digimon Adventure TCG

The one on the left is the one that has 4 colors just in case Xd. I would say that this was the most Humanoid Thing I have ever done.

Great work, I kneel.
    Spoiler:

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • Last edited:
    Years
  • I have created a YouTube playlist for important fights. Only 3 videos have been posted but I have 6 in the playlist at the moment. Cant wait to mess with the update

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx-yM2ZRc5WEk2d71goORgYps03Yu0Lhn&si=INqJSd7uQ0JfxzAD

As of posting this, duels vs Ken, Isaac and Rick are scheduled to upload and throughout the week. Need to update the descriptions to give you credit as well

I'd really like the videos with voice comments in real time, but it's cool anyways.
    That Mephistomon Warp deck seems nuts. I don't know how I overlooked that Mephistomon is like an Alakazam on steroids, maybe because I was 1-2 hit KO everything in the first version with Betamon ^^
    This reaffirms my theory that a Ghostmon it's kinda crazy at 50hp.
    Really love the fact that we are at least three people trying to test strategies to "solve" the metagame =D

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    It Didn't exist, until Now:
    Digimon Adventure TCG

The one on the left is the one that has 4 colors just in case Xd. I would say that this was the most Humanoid Thing I have ever done.

Whoa, nice one dude!! Yeah they can be only 4 colours so I'll use the one on the left. I can't believe I'd see the day where you actually did Digimon art. XD It looks fantastic and I'll include it at the next opportunity. The only thing is, to include it I would have to recompile the game and then edit each card one by one all over again in EZ Card Editor. This process is a bit tedious and takes about 4-5 hours of data entry. So while I will certainly include your Ganimon in the future, please forgive me if I don't do it immediately.

P.S. I'm still hoping you make your own TCG Hack at some point! Let me know if you ever want to collab (I'm pretty useless by hacker standards, but I still managed to make three romhacks so there's that lol).

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I have created a YouTube playlist for important fights. Only 3 videos have been posted but I have 6 in the playlist at the moment. Cant wait to mess with the update

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx-yM2ZRc5WEk2d71goORgYps03Yu0Lhn&si=INqJSd7uQ0JfxzAD

As of posting this, duels vs Ken, Isaac and Rick are scheduled to upload and throughout the week. Need to update the descriptions to give you credit as well

Nice playlist! It would be cool to hear your commentary over them while playing. In the update, Ghostmon has only 30 HP so Vanish isn't as exploitable. Also glad to see you're trying new decks instead of just sticking with the Myotismon-Mephistomon beatdown.

Years
  • I finally beat last release with this list:
    Spoiler:

Best version at the date. I love all the sprites and names edits, the experience was so immersive with all that new details =D
    It was a lot more challenging and interesting that last time.
    As usual, some notes. Even if I know that you're not doing new releases at the moment, the more I play the more I learn from the game and its environment so this time I took a lot of notes separated by Type ^^' :

[GRASS]
    Spoiler:

[FIRE]
    Spoiler:

[WATER]
    Spoiler:

[ELECTRIC]
    Spoiler:

[EARTH]
    Spoiler:

[DARK]
    Spoiler:

[COLORLESS]
    Spoiler:

[ETC]
    * Some attacks says "cool huh?" (Gotsumon) or "neat eh?" (Kyubimon Touhakken) and I don't know what do they do ^^'

Overall, an amazing game. Thank you so much for all the effort and the dedication and even listening to the feedback of all of us. It was really cool to participate =)

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I finally beat last release with this list:
    Spoiler:

Best version at the date. I love all the sprites and names edits, the experience was so immersive with all that new details =D
    As usual, some notes. Even if I know that you're not doing new releases at the moment, the more I play the more I learn from the game and its environment so this time I took a lot of notes separated by Type ^^' :

[GRASS]
    Spoiler:

[FIRE]
    Spoiler:

[WATER]
    Spoiler:

[ELECTRIC]
    Spoiler:

[EARTH]
    Spoiler:

[DARK]
    Spoiler:

[COLORLESS]
    Spoiler:

[ETC]
    * Some attacks says "cool huh?" (Gotsumon) or "neat eh?" (Kyubimon Touhakken) and I don't know what do they do ^^'

Overall, an amazing game. Thank you so much for all the effort and the dedication and even listening to the feedback of all of us. It was really cool to participate =)

Thank you as always for the extensive playtesting! Most of your feedback has been implemented:
    -Palmon's HP is now 60
    -Stingmon's retreat cost is now C
    -Floramon's Photosynthesize is now C
    -Hachi Hachi call no longer deals damage, that was an oversight (sorry, I know you liked it lol)
    -Flymon's Deadly Sting is now GGG
    -Yanmamon's Bite is now CC and its retreat cost is now 0
    -Guilmon's HP is now 60
    -Tyranomon (Slash Claw) now has 90 HP and its Crimson Breath now deals 60 instead of 50
    -Apollomon's Resistance is now Lightning
    -Gekomon's Crash Symphony is now CWW
    -Frigimon's Subzero Ice Punch is now CCC
    -Tentomon (Dynamo Spin) now has 60 HP
    -Vorvomon's retreat cost is now CC and Lavorvomon's is now CCC
    -Drimogemon's Treasure Hunt is now CC
    -Mephistomon's Dark Cloud is now DDDDD
    -Biyomon (Sharp Claws) has had its Sharp Claws attack replaced with Fetch (identical to Hawkmon's)
    -Lucemon's Hand of Fate is now FLDC

All these improvements are thanks to your hard work! Thank you again for the detailed documentation and playtesting. Even "playtester" doesn't feel like enough; you're practically a co-developer at this point lol

P.S. "Automatic Damage" means its not affected by Weaknesses and Resistances. The "cool huh" or "neat, eh?" are there because they have to be. Some Digimon have a second page of description for their attacks hard-wired into their code, and I feel like leaving it blank may confuse players more than anything.

bleedpark

Years
  • I finally beat last release with this list:
    Spoiler:

[GRASS]
    Spoiler:

[FIRE]
    Spoiler:

[WATER]
    Spoiler:

[ELECTRIC]
    Spoiler:

[EARTH]
    Spoiler:

[DARK]
    Spoiler:

[COLORLESS]
    Spoiler:

[ETC]

I was working on something with Lucemon as well. Saw this build and decided to completely scrap mine and build off of your idea. I love it so much. Currently messing with ideas for other decks like using Thundermon to quickly load up Venusmon and Piximon with energy. Also looking into deck ideas for energy burn. Leaning more Towards Shukakumon over Kyubimon since I can abuse Warp Digievolve in that deck too.

Update: Shukakumon is super fun. The advantage is kinda nuts

Last edited:

bleedpark

Years
  • Was dueling Murry and had Brachiomon in play with another in bench as well as Quetzalmon Hawkmon and a Digimon Fossil in bench. When I used Stampede, it still only did 10 damage to Knightmon. Figured it had something to do with the Fossil in bench. Went back and tried it against Isaac with no Fossils and it still only did 10 damage despite having 4 in bench. Me thinks Stampede is broken.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Was dueling Murry and had Brachiomon in play with another in bench as well as Quetzalmon Hawkmon and a Digimon Fossil in bench. When I used Stampede, it still only did 10 damage to Knightmon. Figured it had something to do with the Fossil in bench. Went back and tried it against Isaac with no Fossils and it still only did 10 damage despite having 4 in bench. Me thinks Stampede is broken.

Good catch! Fixed.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Digimon Adventure TCG

Hello, I was Testing the New Update and I saw that you tried to make the Double Colorless Energy well, Double xd, and Well, it made me want to try making one. If you want to use any, go ahead.
    I feel a little bad that you have to spend a lot of time updating the Attacks and so on every time I present a Sprite, you could just edit the Cards.asm file, so that when you create the Rom everything is already configured and even if it's more tedious to do, It's worth doing it once than having to do it every time you want to integrate a Sprite.
    Have a Nice Day =D

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Digimon Adventure TCG

Hello, I was Testing the New Update and I saw that you tried to make the Double Colorless Energy well, Double xd, and Well, it made me want to try making one. If you want to use any, go ahead.
    I feel a little bad that you have to spend a lot of time updating the Attacks and so on every time I present a Sprite, you could just edit the Cards.asm file, so that when you create the Rom everything is already configured and even if it's more tedious to do, It's worth doing it once than having to do it every time you want to integrate a Sprite.
    Have a Nice Day =D

You're absolutely right! But it makes no sense to edit the asm files now that the game is finished for real for real. If I one day make a hack of the sequel (and that is a big if) then I'll go the direct editing route. :)

Thank you so much for the lovely Double Colourless Energy! It looks kickass. I hope you use it for your own hack that you may or may not be making. 😁

Years
  • Just finished last version with this:
    Spoiler:

First time that I don't just steamroll a single strategy to win the run so I guess we've arrived to a good point in balance.
    I could keep giving some feedback but I think it is just nitpicking at this point. The gameplay is at its peak since the first release =)

Some answers:
    Thank you as always for the extensive playtesting! Most of your feedback has been implemented:

All these improvements are thanks to your hard work! Thank you again for the detailed documentation and playtesting. Even "playtester" doesn't feel like enough; you're practically a co-developer at this point lol

P.S. "Automatic Damage" means its not affected by Weaknesses and Resistances. The "cool huh" or "neat, eh?" are there because they have to be. Some Digimon have a second page of description for their attacks hard-wired into their code, and I feel like leaving it blank may confuse players more than anything.
    I feel flattered and honored. Thanks! It was so nice to participate and I got a lot of fun with all the process. If you want to sometime try another project or revisit this one, DM me and I'd gladly participate =)
    I was working on something with Lucemon as well. Saw this build and decided to completely scrap mine and build off of your idea. I love it so much. Currently messing with ideas for other decks like using Thundermon to quickly load up Venusmon and Piximon with energy. Also looking into deck ideas for energy burn. Leaning more Towards Shukakumon over Kyubimon since I can abuse Warp Digievolve in that deck too.

Update: Shukakumon is super fun. The advantage is kinda nuts
    Glad you liked it! I had a blast playing it and it is still very powerful even with Lucemon attacking for FLDC instead of FLD, so give it a try!
    I feel like Thundermon to fuel Venusmon and Piximon it's kinda slow but share me your list and I'll give it a try =)
    Never tried a energy depletion strategy. So curious about your Shukakumon build, it seems really cool so share the list please if you have a minute to copy it here =)
    Digimon Adventure TCG

Have a Nice Day =D
    The sprite is really cool. I can't use the pret project with my current computer (it is a 2012 model so I've some incompatibilities with certains releases of Python) but if you want to try and make your own tcg rom I'd gladly test it too =)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The sprite is really cool. I can't use the pret project with my current computer (it is a 2012 model so I've some incompatibilities with certains releases of Python) but if you want to try and make your own tcg rom I'd gladly test it too =)

You can, My Computer is a 2009 model, which I have used to make Sprites for Practically 9 months, You can Use Cygwin to create the Rom and Edit the Files with Practically any Text Editor (Preferably Visual Studio Code).
    Thank you, I would really love for you to analyze my Rom once it is ready, I really like the analyzes you do.
    Have a Nice Day =D

bleedpark

Years
  • Glad you liked it! I had a blast playing it and it is still very powerful even with Lucemon attacking for FLDC instead of FLD, so give it a try!
    I feel like Thundermon to fuel Venusmon and Piximon it's kinda slow but share me your list and I'll give it a try =)
    Never tried a energy depletion strategy. So curious about your Shukakumon build, it seems really cool so share the list please if you have a minute to copy it here =)

Probably not the most optimal but tried building it to be as consistent as I could.

4 Armadillomon
    3 Shakkoumon
    3 Hawkmon
    4 Jijimon
    4 Izzy
    3 Warp Evolution
    3 Ingrain
    4 Excavation
    4 Data Drain
    4 Data Devour
    4 Deep-Sea Exploration
    4 Call For Help
    3 Tempest
    3 Lightning Energy
    10 Earth Energy

The deck Vs Mitch goes up on YouTube on the 11th.

Energy numbers could probably use some work. Also Shakkou being pretty much the only attacker could be seen as a flaw but if they don't resist, you are fine.

Yeah the Thundermon deck idea sounded good on paper but you're right. Too slow with too much set up. Was pretty mid.

Lucemon vs Nikki will be up on the 13th
    MetalGreymon vs Murry on 16th still haven't recorded Grand Masters yet.

MetalGrey list is pretty similar to Shakkoumon list.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Probably not the most optimal but tried building it to be as consistent as I could.

The deck Vs Mitch goes up on YouTube on the 11th.

Energy numbers could probably use some work. Also Shakkou being pretty much the only attacker could be seen as a flaw but if they don't resist, you are fine.

Yeah the Thundermon deck idea sounded good on paper but you're right. Too slow with too much set up. Was pretty mid.

Lucemon vs Nikki will be up on the 13th
    MetalGreymon vs Murry on 16th still haven't recorded Grand Masters yet.

MetalGrey list is pretty similar to Shakkoumon list.
    I really like that list! You can always put 2 or 3 gatomons to avoid resistances and since you already have lightning energies, it is easier to splash.
    I think I'll give it a try, thanks! =)

Years
  • I'm not really interested in playing this, but I wanted to say that you did a fantastic job on making this as I think more people should make digimon centric hacks for the digimon fanbase.

Have you considered working with another person to make an original digimon hack built on a pokemon game with an original story with original maps?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm not really interested in playing this, but I wanted to say that you did a fantastic job on making this as I think more people should make digimon centric hacks for the digimon fanbase.

Have you considered working with another person to make an original digimon hack built on a pokemon game with an original story with original maps?

Thank you for the encouragement! That means a lot because I was actually concerned I was beginning to oversaturate Pokecommunity with Digimon hacks, since it's... you know, it's supposed to be Pokecommunity. That said, as far as something like an original story or original maps go, I can't say I'm hugely interested. I'm not a game designer nor a creative writer so if I tried to do either it would probably come off as lackluster fanfiction. I prefer to leave actual game design to the experts lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    ...as far as something like an original story or original maps go, I can't say I'm hugely interested. I'm not a game designer nor a creative writer so if I tried to do either it would probably come off as lackluster fanfiction. I prefer to leave actual game design to the experts lol
    That's where people like myself can come in and assist. I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I'm no slouch when it comes to creative writing, plus I'm interested in learning how to conduct the game design and coding aspects of romhacks.

But that all is neither here nor there, as this is a Digimon TCG discussion thread. On that note: I'm apparently hot garbage and have no idea what I'm doing in game. Anyone got any pointers for a complete TCG Newb?

Years
  • That's where people like myself can come in and assist. I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I'm no slouch when it comes to creative writing, plus I'm interested in learning how to conduct the game design and coding aspects of romhacks.

But that all is neither here nor there, as this is a Digimon TCG discussion thread. On that note: I'm apparently hot garbage and have no idea what I'm doing in game. Anyone got any pointers for a complete TCG Newb?

Yeah! In 3 easy steps I'll summarize my deck building process this way:

1. Trainers (or in this case, Tamers) are the backbone of any classic pokemon deck (even today). What it's normal is to prioritize adding them as you can to your deck and ending up with 15-35 trainers. The more importants are those who provides "draw power" (in this game, Jijimon and Izzy). There are some decks that doesn't want to draws so many cards to stall the game and win by decking but I don't think that's a good strategy in this hackrom.

2. Consistency is really important. Instead of having many lines of Digimon, I'll try to focus in 2 lines and add "support" Digimon for that strategy. The 2 best supporters I found are Gatomon as a 2nd attacker and Hawkmoon as a source of draw power to enable expensive Digimon to attack (Digimons that need a lot of energies or are stage 2). I'd try to identify what I'm trying to do and trim down cards that doesn't support that plan.

3. After that, I'd playtest and identify weak spots. Maybe I'm running a lot of energies or not as many as Is should. Maybe I find out that my main attacker is completely walled by a fire resistant digimon and I add a 2nd type to avoid that problem. Maybe I find out my main attacker has a really high retreat cost and I could use some more switch out to protect him from walls, some attackers or status conditions.

Back