• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Those of you who liked the game and want to see more, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Pokemon Emerald (Gen III)

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • A Digimon hack of Pokemon Gold (Gen II)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Quit hacking forever because you didn't include my boy Apollomon

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Thank you so so much for this rom and it's so cool that I'm playing it while you're still very active on this thread. For what it's worth, I'm playing this rom on Eclipse emulator for iOS. I downloaded the rom from pokeharbor via media fire. I'm in vermillion city and the game runs very smoothly. You've probably answered these questions before, so forgive me if I haven't read them yet:

What do the dome and helix fossils turn into?
    Can a digimon have more than three stages? I'm hoping my candlemon (third stage) can still evolve into meramon.

Again, this rom is phenomenal. Great job

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you so so much for this rom and it's so cool that I'm playing it while you're still very active on this thread. For what it's worth, I'm playing this rom on Eclipse emulator for iOS. I downloaded the rom from pokeharbor via media fire. I'm in vermillion city and the game runs very smoothly. You've probably answered these questions before, so forgive me if I haven't read them yet:

What do the dome and helix fossils turn into?
    Can a digimon have more than three stages? I'm hoping my candlemon (third stage) can still evolve into meramon.

Again, this rom is phenomenal. Great job

Thanks for the feedback! In the download link on the front page you'll find a Excel sheet that lists every Digimon and what they evolve to.
    I must warn you though, I don't know what version other websites are hosting. I've poked around on Google and even found some sites even hosting Version 1.0 from a year ago (which was literally just a reskin). So I take no responsibility for any glitches or inconsistencies you may run into (haha).

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I found the courage in me to tap on Spoilers, and now I see. They had version 3.1, updated august 12, 2022. Still works very well. I would 100% replay the game if there are significant updates planned. I think Gen 3 games have capacity for 386 Pokémon (or Digimon) on the national dex. Any new Digimon planned or other big updates planned?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I found the courage in me to tap on Spoilers, and now I see. They had version 3.1, updated august 12, 2022. Still works very well. I would 100% replay the game if there are significant updates planned. I think Gen 3 games have capacity for 386 Pokémon (or Digimon) on the national dex. Any new Digimon planned or other big updates planned?

Version 3.1 is the final version with a total of 354 Digimon. I don't plan on making any updates in the future beyond maybe the occasional bug fix. Although I may make a Digimon Platinum one day. ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I hope a Digimon Platinum comes one day. It will be so annoying fighting everything with only a fire/steel digimon.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen today
    Don't know if you know but, Dorumon evolves into Alphamon at lv 70 not at 100 and at lv 100 it doesn't learn any new/ powerful moves.

Years
  • Played the game and saw that my Veemon learned "Rest" where the description was: "Fires holy spheres in a cruciform syzygy. Unblockable." I'm guessing that this is supposed to be the description for an another move? Kinda disappointed about the move not gonna lie, but it is what it is.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Don't know if you know but, Dorumon evolves into Alphamon at lv 70 not at 100 and at lv 100 it doesn't learn any new/ powerful moves.

Oh! Thanks for the heads-up. I must have forgotten to update the documentation.

Played the game and saw that my Veemon learned "Rest" where the description was: "Fires holy spheres in a cruciform syzygy. Unblockable." I'm guessing that this is supposed to be the description for an another move? Kinda disappointed about the move not gonna lie, but it is what it is.

Oops! I'll patch that in the next update.

Johtoborn

Emotinal Support Moth
    Years
  • So I walked into this knowing "Hey, the creator didn't say this would be easy, it should be fine", but man, having to grind against super low levelled mons when Brock has a Lv.16 and a Lv.18... kinda makes me worry that the rest of the game isn't balanced right at all

Like... levels that ridiculous can't be on purpose, right? Like especially since I can't find a Rare Candy cheat that works with the hack since I'd rather not spend hours fighting wild Lv.5 mons;;

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So I walked into this knowing "Hey, the creator didn't say this would be easy, it should be fine", but man, having to grind against super low levelled mons when Brock has a Lv.16 and a Lv.18... kinda makes me worry that the rest of the game isn't balanced right at all

Like... levels that ridiculous can't be on purpose, right? Like especially since I can't find a Rare Candy cheat that works with the hack since I'd rather not spend hours fighting wild Lv.5 mons;;

Just bring a water mon. Don't bring fire, bug, normal, or flying types against a rock gym.

Johtoborn

Emotinal Support Moth
    Years
  • Well yes I know that, it's just kinda hard to beat Brock when his Kudamon not only has Storm Drain, making Water moves useless against it, but also has Powder Snow, making Grass mons not viable since they'd just die in one hit

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    An important thing in any difficulty hack is to explore your options. If water type moves don't work against Kudamon, perhaps other moves will work. Maybe try out a different mon. Maybe figure out which items can help out.

I'll have you know I beat Brock with an Agumon, and only an Agumon.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well yes I know that, it's just kinda hard to beat Brock when his Kudamon not only has Storm Drain, making Water moves useless against it, but also has Powder Snow, making Grass mons not viable since they'd just die in one hit

An important thing in any difficulty hack is to explore your options. If water type moves don't work against Kudamon, perhaps other moves will work. Maybe try out a different mon. Maybe figure out which items can help out.

I'll have you know I beat Brock with an Agumon, and only an Agumon.

DonKalypso is right. Don't be afraid to explore your options if brute-forcing it isn't working. Nova Red isn't like vanilla Fire Red, where you just exploit the gym's weaknesses with some mon that will give you STAB damage. You'll have to try more advanced strategies like using status moves, cutting accuracy, etc.

If you just feel like taking the grinding route, however, your starter will be strong enough to take down Kudamon by level 16, guaranteed. (Well okay level 17 if you chose Koromon because that's when Agumon learns Dragon Rage).

Catching a grass or a bug mon in Viridian Forest and feeding it a DigiEgg to evolve it into a more powerful form is another easy way to get a short-term boost of power to climb over roadblocks like Brock.
    Lots of options! Let me know which one you end up going with!

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I think I found a bug or what ever this would be called. I don't think it's possible to catch elecmon. Of course I could of messed up and used an outdated version of the game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2022
    There is a bug when engaging Lucemon X in Cerulean Cave, the game freezes or goes back to title screen. I'm using the latest version.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Hello! Really liking this Rom so far but I am not sure if I encountered a Bug. When I try to select a Digimon in my Team it wont give me any Options at all, to move them I have to do it in the PC Box. Also can't seem to use Potions on them outside of fights. Is this intended or is my rom simply bugged somehow?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello! Really liking this Rom so far but I am not sure if I encountered a Bug. When I try to select a Digimon in my Team it wont give me any Options at all, to move them I have to do it in the PC Box. Also can't seem to use Potions on them outside of fights. Is this intended or is my rom simply bugged somehow?

What the...? Never heard of that. Did you download it from here?

Back