• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Those of you who liked the game and want to see more, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Pokemon Emerald (Gen III)

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • A Digimon hack of Pokemon Gold (Gen II)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Quit hacking forever because you didn't include my boy Apollomon

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2023
    Is there a completed digidex with or without locations available? I've almost completed mine, but im missing two between millennium and goldramon.

Years
    • Seen today
    Can someone tell me where i can find Sky Pillar in the Fire Red version? i need that to Digivolve my DemiVeeMon according to the documents. Or is it just level 20 in the Fire Red version?

Also my Nyokimon didn't evolve at level 10. and it's kinda hard to switch train it early on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Hello.
    Loving the game so far but I have a couple of questions.

1. Will the VS. seeker be included in a future version? Grinding is a pain and I don't really want to use a rare candy cheat.
    2. In a previous version there was an EV-IV check option. Why was it removed?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Will the game have backsprites of Digimons?

See FAQ. :)

Hello.
    Loving the game so far but I have a couple of questions.

1. Will the VS. seeker be included in a future version? Grinding is a pain and I don't really want to use a rare candy cheat.
    2. In a previous version there was an EV-IV check option. Why was it removed?

1. Probably not. I got serious burnout working on this game so I probably won't be adding any more updates to it.
    2. Different rom base. :p

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I'm proud to say my championship team was:
    MetalGarurumon Lv.69 (ace of my team)
    Plesiomon Lv.72
    Spinomon Lv.62
    SkullMeramon Lv.66
    SkullMammothmon Lv.75
    Hydramon Lv.65 (did not participate in E4 battles despite knowing Leech Seed and Sleep Powder)

Only issue I found throughout the game, which may have been fixed already, is that the attack Moonblast crashes the game. I was using Eclipse emulator and downloaded the game from some other site online in like August, as is not recommended.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Hi man, first of all thanks for this awesome hack!
    But I got some kind of a ganebreaking bug.
    I can't catch more than 6 Digimon, it also says box is full.
    When I try to use Bills pc the screen turns black.
    I use delta emulator on iOS, maybe that's the problem?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Hi man, first of all thanks for this awesome hack!
    But I got some kind of a ganebreaking bug.
    I can't catch more than 6 Digimon, it also says box is full.
    When I try to use Bills pc the screen turns black.
    I use delta emulator on iOS, maybe that's the problem?

Glad you're enjoying it. :) Indeed, I've only tested it on VBA. Use other emulators at your own risk.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2023
    Your mod is my favorite Digimon game!! Its very good. I love it.
    I wish we could buy tm from Celadon or game corner.
    I couldnt find tm for ice beam.
    The balance is kinda off but im still happy and enjoyed a lot.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2023
    You state that we can use our favorites in building our team, but you neglect to say that you don't use all Digimon. For instance, one of my all time favorite digimon is UlforceVeedramon (one of the Noble Knights), but you chose to only use the digiegg evolutions for Veemon, and not the alternate evolution line that goes to Veedramon.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    You state that we can use our favorites in building our team, but you neglect to say that you don't use all Digimon. For instance, one of my all time favorite digimon is UlforceVeedramon (one of the Noble Knights), but you chose to only use the digiegg evolutions for Veemon, and not the alternate evolution line that goes to Veedramon.

faq

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    So first of all I have to say it's the best Digimon Hack I ever tried but it's hard for me to tell what type a digimon is and that's a little bit frustrating. Would it be possible to display the Type of the Digimon maybe under its name in Battle after you got an Digidex entry for it?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    So first of all I have to say it's the best Digimon Hack I ever tried but it's hard for me to tell what type a digimon is and that's a little bit frustrating. Would it be possible to display the Type of the Digimon maybe under its name in Battle after you got an Digidex entry for it?

Thanks for the feedback! Actually if I knew how I would love to implement what some other hacks have done, where opposing mon's Type is identified by two colours (except I would use icons instead). Unfortunately, it's beyond my hacking ability. :(

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2023
    for some reason visual boy on my desktop isnt opening the rom. is there anything i should be doing?

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Been enjoying my replay of Nova Red since the big update, smooth sailing so far. Noticed two different bugs, or more notably, one bug and one that might just be absolute shit luck.

1) Sleep Powder seems to take 2 PP with each use. Not due to Pressure, no, I checked, but it just uses 2 PP every time you use it. It makes the 15 base PP turn into like 7.
    2) Elecmon is impossible to catch. I guess I can go waste my Master Ball on it, but it doesn't even get a shake in. Lowest HP I can go, asleep, ultra ball, no chance. Not even giving me the time of day. Maybe another time, Unimon...

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Online now
    Been enjoying my replay of Nova Red since the big update, smooth sailing so far. Noticed two different bugs, or more notably, one bug and one that might just be absolute shit luck.

1) Sleep Powder seems to take 2 PP with each use. Not due to Pressure, no, I checked, but it just uses 2 PP every time you use it. It makes the 15 base PP turn into like 7.
    2) Elecmon is impossible to catch. I guess I can go waste my Master Ball on it, but it doesn't even get a shake in. Lowest HP I can go, asleep, ultra ball, no chance. Not even giving me the time of day. Maybe another time, Unimon...

Glad you're enjoying it! Strange to hear about both errors... I just checked Elecmon's catch rate and it's "150," which means its fairly easy to catch. And I'm not sure what could have caused the Sleep Powder effect. Dumb question, but did you download it from here? (There are some sketchy or outdated versions of my game on third party websites and lots of people use them because they don't want to patch the game themselves).

Back