• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] Disabling Menu

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2022
    I've been trying to find a way to disable the player from opening the menu and I coulda sworn there was event for it but I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    You can see what all the event commands do and how they are modified from base RMXP for essentials here. I would recommend using this website first for any questions you have about how to do certain common things in essentials. But anyway, the event command you would want to use is "Change Menu Access".

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    Hey, this should work for you.
    Go into "PScreen_PauseMenu" and look for this part:
    Spoiler:

Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Hello, if I would to get off only the save and pokedex?

Search in the scripts of Pokemon Essentials for "MenuHandlers" (it should be in UI_PauseMenu or a similar name). The game checks here which options appear in the menu and under what conditions.

Add "condition" => proc {next $game_switches[x]}, on each of the options you don't want to show (with x being a number) and they will not appear in the menu until the proper switch is on. Some of the options already have conditions to appear so you can check how it's done.

Alternatively, you can comment them out by putting # at the start of each line of each option or putting =begin at the start of the part you want to comment out and =end at the end.

Back