• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Disappointed? (about non-Switch)

Years
    Not disappointed, since the Switch is still new and we should wait for sales figures to rise before we can get hopes up for if a main series game will be on the Switch.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    not in the slightest. I don't want to have to buy a switch.
    also nothing in the footage seems to indicate a graphical upgrade that would warrant switching to a newer device.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I was fully expecting these games to be on the 3DS, so I didn't set myself up to be disappointed. It really wouldn't make sense for them to move over to the Switch so soon, especially with supply being so short. And those people complaining about this, just don't buy it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Not at all. I don't have the money to buy a switch so I am not complaining. I just hope they fix the rendering issues so the game doesn't lag a ton.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I was a bittttt disappointed, but not that much. I did want a new Pok?mon Switch game, but I knew the chances of such happening were fairly slim anyways.

In the end, Pok?mon will make the switch (heh heh) eventually, so I can wait some more.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I was so disappointed with my Switch I sold it after just a week for a PS4 Slim.
    That being said, Pokemon will end my years of faithful following (Since Red) if they move on to Switch.
    I'm glad I have another game to play on my 3DS now. They can upgrade to 4DS or 5DS and on and on and on, but if they move to Switch I am done.

Cannot believe that my 1,000th post is spent on ranting-- I've never ranted about consoles and games lol.

Last edited:

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I was so disappointed with my Switch I sold it after just a week for a PS4.
    That being said, Pokemon will end my years of faithful following (Since Red) if they move on to Switch.
    I'm glad I have another game to play on my 3DS now. They can upgrade to 4DS or 5DS and on and on and on, but if they move to Switch I am done.

Cannot believe that my 1,000th post is spent on ranting-- I've never ranted about consoles and games lol.
    You only kept the Switch for a week?

Doesn't seem like you gave it a fair chance...

Eresse

Gladion Trash
    Years
    I was relieved. I didn't think that they'd be released for the Switch, but I wasn't holding my breath either. I'm not ready to invest in a Switch quite yet.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    You only kept the Switch for a week?

Doesn't seem like you gave it a fair chance...

I don't think I owe you a living and why I hate it do I? Don't think it affected you in any ways. You can like your Switch and how it is but not everyone need to have the same opinions and ideas as you "to be fair enough"-- This is a forum and I stand by my own decision and opinion. Can't say I didn't give them a chance considering I bought one. :|

Sure, the opinion might waver one day, or not. But thank you, for the lack of good priority titles by Nintendo and the horribly huge screen that is so stupid and a huge handful to carry around as a console, I'll give them a miss.

I have not regretted selling it for my PS4, Horizon Zero Dawn own Zelda by so much... even if it means PS5 will be released soon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    In what ways, though? The only example you offered is "Kanto except Lillie is your rival". In that case, it's just same ol' Kanto all over again, beating the same ol' Gym Leaders all over again, nothing changes except Lillie is your rival. If I'm going to be given roughly the same material as I've been given in past rehashes of Kanto, then I might as well stick with playing said past rehashes of Kanto because I doubt any revisit is going to bring anything new.

Different story, different gyms, seeing how the Gym Leaders have changed, etc. The possibilities in a sequel are endless, especially on today's hardware.

Of course, I get that some people could care less about things like story and character and would rather the games be battle simulators with nothing but Pok?mon selection to differentiate them. I'd hate to live in that future.

pkmin3033

Overjoyed. I want Nintendo to actually support the 3DS like they said they were going to for years to come, and they can't do that without Pokemon core series titles on it.

The Switch is also too new, too expensive, lacks stock, and has a very limited userbase because of it right now. These things DO matter. If Nintendo really want to pretend it's a hybrid, then they at least need to establish it first before abandoning their very successful, perfectly adequate handheld console.

Nothing to be disappointed about. If they're going to move Pokemon to Switch I'd rather they take their time to develop it properly anyway, not port a slightly upscaled 3DS version onto it.

Of course, I get that some people could care less about things like story and character and would rather the games be battle simulators with nothing but Pok?mon selection to differentiate them. I'd hate to live in that future.
    That's pretty much all the games have ever been, really. Very hard to care about things that are so limited they might as well not exist and serve only as an unwelcome intrusion rather than a meaningful addition to the gameplay. You must hate living in the present, too.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Personally, I'm not quite surprised if the sequel comes to 3DS as well, because Black 2 and White 2 from earlier did get the same treatment (even though it's DS in B2W2's case). Plus, Switch also have Pokk?n Tournament DX to play, so I think they made the right call to announce variety of games to both Nintendo handhelds/consoles even though they focused the main games on 3DS first.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm not disappointed with this at all. I'd rather have Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon than nothing. Also, since it's on the 3DS, that means I don't have to buy a new system just for a main series Pokemon game, which is a good thing.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Overjoyed. I want Nintendo to actually support the 3DS like they said they were going to for years to come, and they can't do that without Pokemon core series titles on it.

The Switch is also too new, too expensive, lacks stock, and has a very limited userbase because of it right now. These things DO matter. If Nintendo really want to pretend it's a hybrid, then they at least need to establish it first before abandoning their very successful, perfectly adequate handheld console.

Nothing to be disappointed about. If they're going to move Pokemon to Switch I'd rather they take their time to develop it properly anyway, not port a slightly upscaled 3DS version onto it..

I concur!
    To add on, it is also too much of a hassle to bring out-- I had almost dropped mine at least 50x in the week I had it. Jolly.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    That's pretty much all the games have ever been, really. Very hard to care about things that are so limited they might as well not exist and serve only as an unwelcome intrusion rather than a meaningful addition to the gameplay. You must hate living in the present, too.

Wow, you really don't get it. -_-

I'm just going to drop out of this discussion. I gave my $0.02, take it or leave it.

pkmin3033

I'm just going to drop out of this discussion. I gave my $0.02, take it or leave it.
    Play some RPGs with proper stories and then we'll talk. In the meantime...yeah, have fun thinking Pokemon has good plots, I guess?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm so glad it's for the 3DS. I heard that system is going to stop getting releases in the near future, so I'm gonna enjoy it while I can. Cause once games start releasing for Switch, I'll have to bow out. lol

Admittedly, all of my system upgrades over the years have been to keep up with Pokemon, mainly, so it's a relief that his one will be for a system I already have.

Though, I'm betting that whatever follows US/UM will be for Switch. That's p much a given, no reason for them not to be.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    I thought GF was done with third versions and making people plunk down cash for a "nicer" version of games they had already bought..
    Uh... what now?

Nobody's making you buy a game you've already bought.

OT: Yes, a little, because I think third versions are a bit lame, a new console would've kept things fresh. I'll probably still buy though, because I'm a sucker for Pokemon stuff.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I agree with the camp that the Switch should wait. It's only been out for like 3 months and a Main Series Pokemon game is a bit too early for it, maybe in 2019/2020 for Gen 8.
    Though I will have to agree that it would make the Switch a very big seller, especially since it would be released around Christmas.

Regardless, I'm glad its on the 3ds. I was gonna get a Switch anyway, but it's a bit more convenient to have it on a console I'm a bit more comfortable with.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I don't think I owe you a living and why I hate it do I? Don't think it affected you in any ways. You can like your Switch and how it is but not everyone need to have the same opinions and ideas as you "to be fair enough"-- This is a forum and I stand by my own decision and opinion. Can't say I didn't give them a chance considering I bought one. :|

Sure, the opinion might waver one day, or not. But thank you, for the lack of good priority titles by Nintendo and the horribly huge screen that is so stupid and a huge handful to carry around as a console, I'll give them a miss.

I have not regretted selling it for my PS4, Horizon Zero Dawn own Zelda by so much... even if it means PS5 will be released soon.
    Jeebins, dude. Take offense much? I never said you couldn't have your own opinion or anything of the like...

Back