• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually laugh when you say lol?

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I very rarely use "lol". When I do, it's usually just because nothing was funny and I don't want to start an argument.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I usually say "lol" when I chuckle a bit or at least tried to make me chuckle a bit. Although, it is the same with when I use, "XD" which I use more often.

When someone really makes me laugh, I "XDDDDDD". >.>

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I rarely ever say lol. Mostly, when I use lol it's in the form of "lolwut" because I haven't a clue what someone may be talking about, which does tend to happen to me often.

In terms of when I'm actually laughing, I usually use "XDD" - Note the two D's. Reason for this is because most of the people I talk to tend to have "XD" at the end of their sentences and it's become part of what I do as well. When I'm laughing really badly, I tend to type random letters that make no sense whatsoever and "XD" at the end of it. But, I tend to do that anyways, so that's not really a sign or anything. I usually just tell the person that I'm laughing in a form of thank you. "Thanks a lot.. now I'm laughing XD!!!" you know? That kind of thing.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    "lol"
    When I come to think of it, no actually. I don't laugh when I say "lol". I rarely even use that word. If something's quite amusing then I tend to use "XD" and "XDDD" if it really makes me laugh. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    No. If I use lol, I'm amused, but not laughing. ._.;

To be honest, I really can't think of what I say when I really am laughing. I don't laugh at a lot online... and if I do, I'm not talking to anyone, for some reason. XD;

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Just for "XD" or "lol" I'm usually just smiling, or slightly amused. I usually use "omg XD" or attack my keyboard when I'm actually laughing. And if it's something reeeeally funny (like lots of 9" chats XD) I tend to do multiple "XD"'s or just go on and on until everybody gets the idea that I'm dying laughing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I don't use "lol" as much as I used to; instead, I tend to use "XD." I use "XD," as my equivalent to "lol," whenever I'm just like, kinda laughing, or chuckling, smirking, whatever. Adding an exclamation mark ("XD!") indicates that I'm actually laughing, and things like "XDD!!" indicate that I'm dying of laughter. :3

Otherwise, "lol" and "XD" don't really mean I'm actually laughing. ._.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I really dont use LOL, but I occassionally go with xD. I will say LOL of I am really laughing out loud, and I will use xD if I am chuckling or about to burst out laughing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009
    I dont, Im just soo used to saying lol, lol < SEE I DIDNT MEAN TO DO THAT< lol haha

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I use "lol" when I read a comment that makes me smile or even chuckle a little, but rarely when I actually laugh out loud.

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    lol, if I laughed everytime I lol, I'd be a pretty lolful person 8D

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Sometimes. I tend to use "XD" when I laugh more than "lol" anyway. But yeah, a good amount of the time, I do laugh. :D I find a lot of things funny. Other times, heh, I use it when I smile or maybe just to follow the crowd and lol. However, I can't really go laughing when I'm on the laptop, cause then it just attracts everyone's attention. So, depends on who's in the house. XD

Back