• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you actually like Pokemon?

Years
  • Pokemon shall and always will be my favourite videogame series.I got Pokemon diamond on Christmas morning (Very cliche,I know) and ever since then,I have gotten each new game coming out.I also have to thank it to introducing me to the RPG genre of gaming.

Years
  • The Pokemon franchise isn't one of my all-time favorites, but it's still up there! I enjoy talking about it with others a lot, and I still enjoy playing the games, reading the various manga, and occasionally watching the anime or playing the TCG online (as well as collecting the cards). So long as they continue making Pokemon games (since the video game franchise is what I'm into most) I likely won't lose interest in a Pokemon for a long while.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Yeah, I do! Pokemon Emerald and LeafGreen were my two first games, Ash, Misty, May, Max and Brock were the characters I grew up with and Sapphire was my favorite dex holder! I didn't pay attention to Pokemon for a while, but I got back to it once XY were announced.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Of course! Ever since Pokemon Red and Blue was around. I was introduced to it by someone who played them all the time, and eventually got Red for Christmas. I've liked Pokemon since I was 8, and I still do.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
  • Loved it ever since the Red and Blue games. I also kept in touch with the anime until the end of the Sinnoh region, then got lost. I'm definitely working on coming back to the field soon enough.
    Although, I've played all the games and such. I've have this fall of interest at the start of this year until Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were announced. This has rekindled my love for the games once again!

Tolkin

Meowstic
    Years
  • No, I clearly hate pokemon, pokemon sucks d***

Lol, OFC I love Pokemon! I pretty much love everything about Pokemon. Hell, if I could go into a Pokemon world and become a trainer, I would.

Years
  • I openly like it, im a goood loooking guy, not a nerd and i could give two sh**t what anyone says, i like the rpg games most likely.

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    Well in the real world people mostly think Pokemon are for nerds who have no life but that's wrong I'm an 8th grader in Maryland and 85% of the boys in my class play Pokemon. They play it on emulators on their phones, they play showdown and we even sit down together during breaks and play it together and even high schoolers play Pokemon and they are considered cool. Oh and yeah my girlfriend plays Pokemon and she's hot. So yeah I like Pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I truly enjoy Pokemon mainly because of the battles and the strategies/playstyles of each species, as well as the variety of spin-offs. I also enjoy watching the Pokemon anime every once in a while.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I try to enjoy the most I can from Pokemon. Games, anime, manga (plenty of them!), the cards I just collect, and of course I collect Pokemon merchandise as many others do. :) Right now it seems there is always something it can offer me. Once I finish all the games (I'm a bit of a completionist with the games so that'll be a while haha) and finish ALL the anime/manga, it will be a bit different. But then I can keep up to date and look forward to things coming out more :P I have not even seen the BW or XY animes yet :/ For a few months besides my collection I barely doing anything to do with Pokemon, playing other games. It's not a race, I like to enjoy things to their fullest :) On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd say I love Pokemon with a 11 :P

Shy Kairi

Complete Pokedex Dreamer.
    Years
  • I often ask myself this question while I play it.

I don't know if I have an answer between yes & no.

I guess I just want to escape reality and Pokemon is the perfect game to do so.

Although I hate the anime. Origins got it right.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Well, I'd assume so since this is Pokecommunity, but there's some people that rarely post in other sections.
    I like Pokemon :)

Same. I'm only a fan of the TGC and the Anime, but I really like Pokemon and I will til the day I die!
    :chu: :t179: :t122:

Of course! It might get a little boring sometimes but I definetly like pokemon. Mainly because they are intreguing mysterious creatures. As for the game it's always exciting to go on a journey.

That's basically the only reason it's fun. Most games nowadays are about real animals, or just plain people. Pokemon is actually something where it's creatures that don't exist and you can explore, go on adventures with them and capture them all!
    :t135: ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    I go through phases with Pokemon, every time a new game comes out I'll play it to death, then take a bit of a break from it. Other times I may not be obsessed with the games, but just 'lore' or fan theories. Actually, I think I initially joined the forums to discuss Pokemon theories and stuff like that, I think it's really interesting what some people come up with.

Lately, I think I've been on a bit of a break, so I post more in the Video Games forums and such, but that will probably change once November comes around.

Years
  • Yes, of course I like Pokémon. I have for over 15 years now and I don't think that'll change anytime soon.

However, admittedly I will say that when doing challenges and such I can tend to get worn down, but I hardly ever make it a point to play other games nowadays.

Back