• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you care about EVs and IVs when playing Pokémon?

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Nope, from the era of fire red until now i only go for casual because well i don't need stress

Years
    IVs: Never in the actual games. I look at them super briefly on GO but still dont really care all that much. Cool if I have it, whatever if I don't

EVs: also pretty much literally never. I use the vitamins when I pick them up off the ground in random caves (totally safe giving my pokemon random drugs i find on the floor), but don't go out of my way to EV train them. The only caveat is when I need to really grind up a low level pokemon to put on my team and I'm looking for good EXP farming locations (pre-party-EXP share games) I'd see if there was a good spot to train. If not, also, whatever I'll just switch train.

Back