• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you drink energy drinks?

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
Years
  • I don't like commercial energy drinks, they're usually just caffeine with sugar. When I sweat too much and want to get my eletrolites back I just take fresh coconut water. For energy a guaraná powder with granola and açaí berry shake is awesome (yummy too!), and after workouts I always take a maltodextrin (as normal high gi sugar would go straight to the liver and be no good) with soy isolate protein shake.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Red Bull.

I haven't had it recently... and now I kinda want one. Cheers. Dx

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • If it has high amounts of caffeine and sugar in it, then I'm there. It doesn't matter if it comes in a bottle or a can or a mug or a cardboard box. XD

My favourite is Red Bull. :3 Nothing like an early-morning pick-me-up-and-shake-me-about to get the discussions going in class. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I typically load up on the stuff right before tests, but I usually don't drink 'em otherwise. And I'm not fussy about brands as long as the caffeine content is there :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Nup; it's like with alcoholic drinks, I just don't feel like it and cola is always sweeter.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    I do. My 3 favorites are as follows in order (first to last): Monster Java: Russian flavor, Nos Original, Full Throttle

I can't stand red bull XP

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yes, but they don't effect me. Neither does coffee. I told my doctor and he said my body is "unique". O.o
    Monster
    Red Bull

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Omg, Joose. xD

But no, not really. I'm already pretty antsy, I don't need to feel cracked out.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Yes, but they don't effect me. Neither does coffee. I told my doctor and he said my body is "unique". O.o
    Monster
    Red Bull
    I drink them for the taste. If anything, energy drinks calm me down. If I down 2 in a row, I'm out like a light. Reverse effect on me.

Years
  • I drink them for the taste. If anything, energy drinks calm me down. If I down 2 in a row, I'm out like a light. Reverse effect on me.
    Yeah, same here. I once drank like 2 whole cans of Java Monster in 10 minutes, and I was asleep within the hour. I have a very high caffeine tolerance. Trying to cut back so I can use it to keep me a awake when I need it. XD

Oh, I forgot to mention, I like the two lighter cans of Java Monster. I don't like the dark can one.

Ayselipera

I used too, but then I heard that they're really bad for you. So I stopped.

I used to like Monster though :) Not red bull. I had a very bad experiance with that.

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
    Years
  • I drink them for the taste. If anything, energy drinks calm me down. If I down 2 in a row, I'm out like a light. Reverse effect on me.
    That's because they're high on glycemic index. It sends the sugar straight to your bloodstream, you have an insulin peak then get out of glycogen. You can easily feel lightheaded or even faint if you try working out under effect of these. That glycogen peak not following any physical activity is also (especially its sugar being mainly high fructose corn syrup, and if you're gonna sleep just after it) a really easy way of storing fat... :rambo:
    That said, yeah, I'm a nutrition know-it-all nazi.

Years
  • Groce, groce, groce.

I hate energy drinks - I think they're incredibly unhealthy and they're just bad for you. Never really drank much just because they don't seem appealing. ):

The closest thing to energy drinks that I drink are Starbucks drinks. :<

Back