• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you enjoy traveling? If so, what’s been your favorite place so far?

Days
I am pretty much content with my own country, as I can experience variety of cultures and varied land forms, but the good thing is that the people are from our own nation and our own system is accepted, hence it's comfortable for sure !!

Years
From the places I've been to... Yellowstone Park in the US was beautiful.
Aside from that there's also Spain, been to several beautiful locations there =3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Dislikes travelling. Tends not to feel great during the actual traveling part.

Cannot look back and point to anything great, either. Is not moved by scenery. Visited Disneyland once. Went to some other tourist-y spots closer to home (1-3 hours away). Endured plenty of 3+ hour car trips to see family. Describes them all as "eh" now. (Could have viewed it differently back then.) Never expressed much, if any, interest in going to any of those places. Travelled because of it being a family or school trip. Formed some negative associations that only deepened with age (see: the above not feeling great part).

Wrote both "travelling" and "traveling". Interesting.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I like to travel within my own country, I've never cared for the exotic vacation destinations.

The one place I keep finding myself returning to year after year is Charleston, South Carolina. Lots of historic buildings, unique shops and their downtown market, the best seafood restaurant I've ever visited (Fleet Landing right on the waterfront), and the city'siconic pineapple water fountain and Ravenel Bridge over the Cooper River. This May should be this year's return visit.

I've considered visiting Japan, but my food allergies could be a major concern if I do decide to make the trip. I'll have to see if there's a way to make it.

Years
i love old town stuff so some of the best places i've been to are st. augustine, florida, williamsburg, virginia, charleston, south carolina, and annapolis, maryland!

but those will probably be behind the trip i'm fixing to take this upcoming week to toronto!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I enjoy traveling and want to travel more! I've only been mostly in the southeastern region of the U.S. so I'd like to explore more of the U.S. as well as travel overseas. Some of my top destinations in chronological order include:
- St Augustine, Florida for the architecture/history of the city
- Orlando, Florida for the Disney/Universal theme parks
- Panama City, Florida for the emerald-green coastline at some of the most beautiful beaches ever
- New Orleans, Louisiana for the architecture/history before Hurricane Katrina devastated the area in 2005
- Gatlinburg, Tennessee and surrounding areas for the Great Smoky Mountains
- Winter Park, Colorado and surrounding areas for the Rocky Mountains

Days
  • Seen today
Grew up in NZ, lived in the UK for a while.

My favourite place I've been to for travelling around and doing touristy things was Jordan. Very safe country considering its neighbourhood, and Wadi Rum, the Dead Sea and Petra were some of my most memorable travelling experiences.

Favourite place just to go and be with a limited itinerary was Andalusia in Spain. Hang out in the sun, cheap beer, great tapas. Excellent.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Traveling has been relatively limited, my parents not having a lot of money... With that said, we have been around the country, but not outside of the country. Mostly within the states bordering my state, which aren't super exciting, save for Colorado (technically a border state lol).

My favorite trips were Washington D.C. area, Southern California, Boulder-area Colorado, and, of course, Connecticut where I'm moving to next month! I can't wait to explore more of New England and also go up to Canada, hopefully.

Back