• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you guys play PokeMMO?

bent1l

currently playing: PokeMMO, Pokemon Unbound
Days
  • so it's 2013, everyone loves the idea of a fully online Pokemon game. you hear about this thing called PokeMMO and check it out, and it's cool! but it's buggy, and it's just Kanto, and you're pretty much just playing firered with other people's avatars sprinting around. your interest wanes pretty fast and you never turn the game on again.

this was me before a week ago. I thought I'd check out how this game is chugging along knowing it's been almost 10 years since I gave it my attention, and I'm shocked to learn it hasn't actually been taken down by Nintendo's ninja lawyer squad. in fact, it's got all of the regions up to gen 5, and it works flawlessly. balance changes up to gen 9. shinies are rarer than they are in the original games by far, but if you catch one, it's that much easier to brag.

I'm hooked and I'm just getting started. have you guys played PokeMMO? did you get bored? do you play regularly? will you give me all your pokeyen for nothing in return? tell me your thoughts.

Years
  • I tried it a while back and it wasn't really my cup of tea. I do think it's very impressive on a technical level though; especially with how it uses the original ROMs as a foundation.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • My internet's not stable enough to play anything that requires a persistent internet connection, so I've never gotten the chance.

(I hate my country's telecom monopolies.)

Years
  • I tried it for a while too and couldn't stick with it, not sure why but may have been due to the higher difficulty as I remember struggling a bit already by the second gym. Nowadays I'm too lazy to grind much lol.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    No. Barely delved into ROM hacks and fan games. Stays busy with official games and other, non-Pokemon games. Never gets around to it.

Years
  • I've not tried it.
    I've only played Uranium at one point and it kinda turned me off from trying any more fangames or Rom Hacks.

Years
  • I've not tried it.
    I've only played Uranium at one point and it kinda turned me off from trying any more fangames or Rom Hacks.

Agreed really. I didn't like it near as much as I thought myself. I just didn't feel it for some reason.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    That's still around? Wow, that's impressive.

Once I get a working comp again I should check it out. I also played in 2010 or somewhere there abouts, and I remember thinking it would either halt development due to staff, or definitely be taken down from copyrights.

Kudos to them for coming so far with it.

Back