• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a Mac or PC?

PC or Mac?

• Total voters

Sushi.

AWESOME
Years
  • The title says it all, so Mac or PC?
    If this thread needs to be moved. I'm all fine with that.
    I have a few PC's, and all work fine.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Been using PCs all my life. Couple that in with the fact that Macs are: a) way overpriced, and b) incompatible with my favourite programs? Yeah, I'm a PC/Windows user. :[ I don't really see myself ever using a Mac as my main computer.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • technically speaking a Mac is a PC (personal computer) however in the most conventional sense (PC = Windows computer) I use a Mac, but I'm currently running a Macbook Pro with both Mac OS X 10.5.5 and Windows Vista Ultimate x64. (bootcamp is great)

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I'm on a mac. 10.4.11
    Have had my 24" iMac for about a year and a half now.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    You fail. PC means personal computer, not Windows computer. Both are in fact PC operating systems.

Now that's out of the way: I have a Win XP comp.
    My favourite OS is in fact Kubuntu, but unfortunately everything's made only for Windows or Macintosh.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I've been using PC's my entire life <3 And frankly, I don't have any plans on switching over any time soon. The rest of my family use Mac's, and I don't like them at all x_x The feel of them is just... too different then what I'm used to, I guess. And combined with the fact that a lot of the programs I use probably wouldn't work on them... yeah, like Lightning said, I doubt I'll be switching over any time soon.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • MAC FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

PC SUX CUZ YOU GET TARGETED FOR VIRUS

I get a lot of "Dude, all the kool games are on PC!"

I only need one PC game...and it's available on Mac! Starcraft rulz!

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    I've got what can be considered the only sane choice.
    OSX. On my PC. 10.5.5, Vanilla Kernel. Beautiful.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    There is no difference. All software runs on both as Macs are standard x86/x64 PCs now. PowerPC wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway.

So we're ultimately left with 'PC' as the only option.

If this thread was OS X vs Windows it would make more sense.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • You fail. PC means personal computer, not Windows computer. Both are in fact PC operating systems.
    Duh, but who cares. Most people would use their common sense and figure out that when you say "Mac or PC?", both are PCs, but the "PC" is in fact a Windows computer. If it wasn't the question would be "Mac or Linux?".

Anyways, I've used both. Mostly PCs though, but I find Macs a bit easier to use (Apple is good at making easy-to-use interfaces and Microsoft is a master at business apps.) I don't actually own a Mac, but my middle school gave iBooks to every student in the 7th and 8th grades and at the high school the teachers have MacBooks. Doesn't matter - both machines do the same thing - compute and calculate.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I've been using Windows computers my entire life, despite the fact that Vista... kind of sucks. >: For a little while, I had been contemplating getting a Mac, but for me the cons outweigh the pros. The fact that a lot of the stuff I use frequently would most likely be incompatible with a Mac was the biggest reason why I chose to stick with Windows.

Windows has given me my share of headaches (like multiple BSoDs, ouch), but I don't think I'd use any other OS.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I've used both. I've used Windows for the majority of my computer-owning life, and right now I've been using a Mac. I started using a Mac a year ago.

I have to say that I've been much more content using a Mac. It's much more what I want from a personal computer. :D And I find it's much more reliable.

Zet

Years
  • You fail. PC means personal computer, not Windows computer. Both are in fact PC operating systems.

Now that's out of the way: I have a Win XP comp.
    My favourite OS is in fact Kubuntu, but unfortunately everything's made only for Windows or Macintosh.
    PC are genereally enquired to be windows computers these days

~MACS~ rules!,PCs r crap compared to macs if u ask me
    and yet they sell more than a mac does and have more programs etc, they must really suck

MAC FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

last time I checked macs had anti virus and spyware programs, windows must really be the only OS targeted

As for myself I'm a windows user that is fine with what he has available to use

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    ~MACS~ rules!,PCs r crap compared to macs if u ask me

MAC FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Your posts are disgusting and only make the rest of the Mac userbase look dumb. Or dumber in some cases :P

I'm a Windows user. My own experience with Macs have been nothing short but terrible, with constant freezing and restarts. Windows has only been working properly on the whole.

Sneas

Burning Blaze.
    Years
  • I have 3 PC's now (including my laptop). I do hope to get a couple Macs in the future though when I have enough money saved up.

Back