• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Like Digimon

Do you Like Digimon

• Yes !!!

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • Yes, I joined the Digimon Fanclub!!

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • No it's a rip off no matter what!!!

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Never!!!

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kacqn

???
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Well do you I know it's old but it gets told a rip off of pokemon but it's not! So do you like Digimon.

Bay

Years
    When I was younger I hear that too and at first I would think, "Yeah, Digimon is a Pokemon rip-off for sure." However, as I watched the series further, Digimon and Pokemon are quite different. Different worlds, different creatures, different characters, different evolutionary lines and ways to get them, different ways the people and their creatures/partners communicate, different situations, etc. Pretty much the reason people say that is because how both series deal with creatures with powers and they're able to evolve, but for the most part Pokemon and Digimon are different from one another.

As for me, I liked Digimon a lot when I was young. Maybe it's because how I thought their take on evolutions, the digital world and the creatures are quite interesting. Also, I thought the plot, characters, and action are better than the Pokemon anime actually back then. That's probably because I grew up watching the comic book cartoons where there's quite a lot of action and I thought it's nice there are some intense moments in the series back then. I liked Digimon Adventures 01 and Digimon Tamers, but for some reason was iffy about Digimon Adventures 02. Maybe it's because I didn't really like the new characters in the second reason. It's not that they're bad characters, but I guess I prefer the characters from the first series and Tamers. Some of the new methods of the evolution (like the eggs...I think they're called eggs ^^; ) I thought is neat though.

Last edited:

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i love it! even if it's an apparent pokemon "rip-off" that a lot of people claim, it has always been MUCH better than pokemon [anime-wise].

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Yes, I like it. It has a better storyline in the show and better characters in some cases. I also liked the fact that the digimon could talk. When it comes down to it, the two are very different things though- no use comparing.

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
    Years
    I honestly vastly prefer Digimon to Pokemon in quite a few ways. I'd take Digimon Adventures and Digimon Tamers over the Pokemon anime any day of the week.

Some of my greatest childhood memories came from Digimon, cheesy as it sounds. The characters in the anime grew and developed, and watching it helped nurture the passion for storytelling that I've developed. I don't really think I'd be quite the same person if it weren't for shows like Digimon Adventures and Beast Wars. I really couldn't have asked for better shows to grow up with, and the same cannot be said for the Pokemon anime.

And the movie? Oh God, the Digimon Movie is still something I get emotional while watching. Such genuine good naturedness and innocence that you can't help but love. Not only that, but the localization was spot-on; I usually disapprove of changes to the script while localizing an animu, but I gotta give it to whatever team handled the Digimon Movie. The whole love subplot between Tai and Sora was handled perfectly; it never took center stage, got out of hand or became over dramatic... yet it was still there, and still developed. Usually when a childrens' show tries to approach romance, it ends in disaster; not so for Digimon, they handled it maturely and eloquently. The talk between Tai and Izzy about Sora is one of my favorite scenes in the film.

I'm gonna stop rambling now, it's almost 5 am and I'm feeling the urge to watch Digimon... hm... sleep.

Last edited:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    @ pokekingkian, search in the "Other Clubs" section,

And I prefer Digimon over Pokemon entirely, Digimon doesn't repeat itself like Pokemon does, each season has been fresh and different from the previous.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I like Digimon (the show, not the games), and I can't stand it when people call it a rip-off. That's like saying that Evangelion is a rip-off of Gundam just because they both have giant mecha.

サトヒロ=カノン

◄ASH&RITCHIE TOGETHER FOREVER►
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 15, 2009
    digimon will never be that great as pokémon, pokémon is not only about pokémon but also about friendship and more, digimon's name is just a copy of pokemon

digimon had never shippings, btw pokemon also ownes simpsons

pokemon>more eipsides, more fans worldwide
    simpsons- not that much episodes though its old and should have more episodes than pokemon and not that much fandom as pokemon

but i wanted to steal digimon stickers once coz i couldnt find pokemon stickers, but at the end i got nothing of it coz somebody stole also something and so i didnt get the cart where i COLLECTED THE STICKERS, i tried to steal it on a smart way but its good that i didnt get that, pokemon is more emotional(and better graphics) than digimon, btw characters in digimon look some bad drawn.....

Rockleerulez

The Inigma
    Years
    Digimon all the way. Cuz it had content. Characters had genuine emotions toward others and not just the childish arguments on pokemon. Plus like Symphony of Seduction said it doesnt repeat itself. Unlike pokemon where its all about "I wanna be the pokemon master" and nothing else. Then theres the fact that the digimon characters grew up unlike Ash who has been 10 since the shows debut and has not changed whatsoever. Also I feel that Digimon is more raunchy and mature compared to the childish nature of Pokemon

Finnel

Years
    Angry fangirl rant warning.

digimon will never be that great as pokémon, pokémon is not only about pokémon but also about friendship and more, digimon's name is just a copy of pokemon

simpsons- not that much episodes though its old and should have more episodes than pokemon and not that much fandom as pokemon

but i wanted to steal digimon stickers once coz i couldnt find pokemon stickers, but at the end i got nothing of it coz somebody stole also something and so i didnt get the cart where i COLLECTED THE STICKERS, i tried to steal it on a smart way but its good that i didnt get that, pokemon is more emotional(and better graphics) than digimon, btw characters in digimon look some bad drawn.....
    Holy ****, are you kidding? You're saying Pokémon, a strange mainstream plotless Japanese children's show, is better than Digimon, and more popular than freaking SIMPSONS?

Pokémon is a show about making money. The goal of the show is for the main character to just "be the best." Every single season is the same except with different monsters and some different characters.
    Digimon, is about small groups of children being tasked with saving the world, and how they grow up and bond with their partner Digimon. No Digimon season has been the same.
    Simpsons is the longest running American sitcom, animated series AND comedy show, has won countless awards and has even gotten a word into the English dictionary.

Animation quality?
    THIS DOES NOT LOOK ANY BETTER THAN THIS.

Jesus.

Also, saying Digimon is a ripoff of Pokémon is like saying Metroid Prime is a ripoff of Halo.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2011
    I do not like Digimon, has + action and fights mas ferocious that pokemon but nose because I never like me. I prefer pokemon but the games, the series is not also of my pleasure because always it is the same thing already weary xD, the battles already as that all = and it.

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
    Years

I do not like Digimon, has + action and fights mas ferocious that pokemon but nose because I never like me. I prefer pokemon but the games, the series is not also of my pleasure because always it is the same thing already weary xD, the battles already as that all = and it.

Guys, I'm afraid it's time we finally put her down...

RIP English Language

1066 - September 13th, 2009

You served us well, yet we treated you so cruelly. ;_;

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years

digimon had never shippings, btw pokemon also owns Simpsons

But I wanted to steal digimon stickers once because I couldn't find pokemon stickers, but at the end i got nothing of it because somebody stole also something and so I didn't get the cart where i COLLECTED THE STICKERS, I tried to steal it on a smart way but its good that I didnt get that, pokemon is more emotional (and better graphics) than digimon, btw characters in digimon look some bad drawn.....

@ Friendship comment, Pokemon is not about friendship at all, it's about Ash running around the world picking up different women along the way while beating 8 people every time for a little piece of metal.

@ Digimon not having shippings, like what? It actually does, Daiyako (Davis x Yolei), Jurato (Takato x Jeri), Chikuto (Keenan x Kristy).

@ The Simpsons, how can Pokemon even compete with the Simpsons?

@ Digimon graphics, they're the same if not better than Pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back