• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you like your voice?

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    my voice is unique and people can't really pin my accent, never had a problem with it personally though.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • yeah :( people sometimes tell me that I sound like a girl, it hurts me as a 16-year old, I wish I sounded deeper...

i get it
    men with a sexy deep voice are like, MEOW yummy {XD}
    BUT
    look at it from another point of view.... guys with your kinda voice , when they sing sometimes they can make sexy high vocals
    girls LOVE that as well​

Etherion

look at it from another point of view.... guys with your kinda voice , when they sing sometimes they can make sexy high vocals
    girls LOVE that as well [/CENTER]

:) thank you, but I cant really sing that good, my voice just makes me sound... gay ;-;

Etherion

so? why do you make it sound like it is a bad thing{D:}​

oh no :( I didn't mean it as a bad thing, its that, I get often told sounds high, that I almost sound like a girl. I'm sorry :(

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • oh no :( I didn't mean it as a bad thing, its that, I get often told sounds high, that I almost sound like a girl

ok so first you make it sound like it is a bad thing you sound gay or something
    and now you shaming gurls, like its bad to sound like a gurl or something
    do you like your voice?

^_^​

Years
  • My voice is a bit deeper than I would like and I wish it was a bit more feminine plus its naturally pretty quiet so people have trouble hearing me sometimes, as for my accent I dont really think about it much, I guess I sound like a commoner.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I diggit, it's kinda low toned and lazy. everyone says I sound stoned which is less than ideal when I'm talking to employers and such but overall I like it

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I don't particularly mind it, actually. My Midwestern accent isn't terribly distinguished, but my voice overall isn't so bad, I think.

Years
  • I like my voice. I have a New York accent and partial monotone. Some of my friends have told me it's unique. Usually when I meet someone from NY out here in Indiana they ask me if I'm from there because they can tell by the way talk.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • For some reason, I thought this was about singing, lmao. I guess I can talk about that, too.

Sometimes I'm rather apathetic about my voice and sometimes I love the advantages I have with my voice. Well it's not so much an advantage, but I do love how people say my (sort of) deep voice is a complete surprise in contrast to my petite stature. I speak very monotone, but people say I have a really pretty singing voice in the upper octaves, and it seems to take even more people by surprise. My accent is kinda meh, though. American with a very slight hint of Southern. It could be worse, I guess.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I cringe when I hear it recorded like everyone does, but it's definitely not something I'm self conscious about. I speak pretty fast and end up mumbling a lot which is something I'm a lot more embarrassed about.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I don't mind my voice in terms of pitch or anything like that. I just have a quiet voice and I wish that my natural volume were a little bit higher. When I talk in my most relaxed register, people don't hear me :( So I have to sorta force myself to talk louder when I want to be heard.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    personally i dont think i have an accent but others not from my region would disagree. i dont really like my voice most of the time either

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • I'm from the southeastern part of the United States, and I have the accent to go with it. I have a habit of speaking with a very thick southern accent and I can sound very uneducated. I've actually had trouble with people not understanding what I'm saying because of my accent, but that's usually with people who aren't native to where I live.

I love the way I speak, but there's cases where I have to dial it back and speak clearly, especially in college or if I'm speaking to someone who isn't familiar with southern vernacular. I don't mind it though.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
  • My voice is one of the few things I dislike about myself tbh, I really don't enjoy hearing it recorded or played back to me.

It's not bad I suppose, you can't really hear my Texan accent except in rare cases. The biggest problem I have with it is that's extremely flamey. Obviously there isn't anything wrong with that but I really wish my voice wasn't so annoyingly flamboyant.

Sirfetch’d

my voice is the only thing that I really wish I could change about me :s I just...don't like it at all.

Back