• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you plan on going further?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Are graphics and/or photography just a hobby for you, or do you intend on making them part of a career or every day life? Simple one really; how far do you intend on bringing your interest in graphics and/or photography?

Personally, I intend on making both mediums a part of my life by attending college studying the areas, as well as hopefully perusing a career in design. I would also like to keep my interest in photography and hopefully pursue it further also. If time shall allow it. Graphics are my biggest hobby really, and interest aside from any social life, so I do enjoy it. An from working with a graphic design business, I know how much I would enjoy doing it too. It's a dream, really.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • I just recently made the jump from pursuing a degree in Architecture to one in Graphic Design. I've always been interested in design in general and just wasn't sure which of those do I would want to do, but after spending a year in the architecture program I've realized that while I'm interested in it it's not for me. The main turning point was when I was laying out my portfolio for architecture, I realized that was what I enjoyed.

As for photography, I don't have any dreams of going pro with it. I just want to continue to enjoy it and grow as a photographer. And possibly sell a few prints here and there if I'm lucky.

@Gav: Did you intern at a firm or something?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Both graphic design, and me wanting to get into a bit more photography, is, and will remain as a hobby. While I love it, I can't see myself actually doing it for a living cause my real interests lie in the film industry.
    That said, I'd love to continue it as a hobby for as long as I can maintain. Things like making T-Shirts and other things that could potentially be sold for a bit of money on the side would be about as far as I'd want to take it. Then again, even just that would be amazing!

So yeah, my future isn't too bright, but I love all art, and this is the one that I seemed to fall into, so I'll keep it up as long as it holds my interest I guess.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Graphics is just a hobby for me, I do, do a bit of photography for my Art lessons at school, but it's not like I'm going to take Graphics and Photography on as a career or as a professional thing.

I love making graphics and designing them, but I don't see it as something I'll do in the future.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Hobby. I really only do it when I'm bored. I haven't had art classes or any look-alike since 9th grade and don't intend on ever having them again. I'm going to follow a scientific course in Uni starting in less than a month, so yeah. When I feel like changing my theme, or doing something out of boredom, I get on Photoshop and try to work something out.
    I haven't touched graphics in like two months, though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I sorta have this idea of going into photography once I retire. I really want to be a journalist and if I try to do photography at the same time, well, idk I'd rather if I waited til afterwards and just took photos, became professional, sold them etc, lol, nice idea but unlikely :(

Still will be taking photos often either way throughout my life.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • Okay. I've just gotten into graphics, and I'm starting to like my work and enjoying using Photoshop. (Even though I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0) I think I might use it in my every day life if I start to make a hobby out of it. (And even maybe buy Adobe Photoshop CS5!:P) To me, I seem to be doing great at icons and some tags. (Like the one in my signature.)

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Definitely was, is, and always will be a hobby for me.

I've never felt that I had the kind of personality for the arts, since I'm really... narrowminded, I guess. Creativity is not my strong point. I'm a very rigid thinker, which does not make for nice art or graphics. XD And like to me, if I wanted to make it my career, I feel like I'd have to be so much more serious about something I just do to kill free time, y'know? Don't want that kind of stress on me. =v=;;

Back