• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you read member bios?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    By that I mean the "Biography" thing in the "About Me" tab on profiles. When you're looking at someone's profile, especially if it's for the first time, do you tend to stop to read this?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    If I want to talk to someone but have no conversation starter other than 'hi, whats up' etc then I'll look at their about me and hopefully see something that they like and start a conversation about that. I hate those 'leave a vm to find out more' or something along those lines. even tho mine's that ))):

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I will read it only if I am already interested in knowing a member better. But really a bio doesn't give much insight, no matter what is included, I prefer to get to know people directly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2012
    Not really. I don't bother reading about someone rather than actually conversing with them and garnering what is the biography through dialogue.

Years
    I rarely read them, because people rarely go into enough detail for it to be worthwhile. I'm past the stage where I put a great amount of effort on social sites to put a decent "about me" as well. I find it's much easier to let people find out if they actually talk to me.

Although my interests list is usually long.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Bucking the trend of apathy!

I love reading bios! Whenever I'm bored I'll go visit peoples' biographies and see what's said. Depending on what's said you can tell a lot about people, even by the way they type it. A bio in list form says something different than one in paragraph form, and one that only mentions PC life says something different from other ones, etc. I get disappointed when people don't have a bio, lol. I even like reading the About Mes of people I already know well because I find it interesting what they choose to share with the public. :3

Ayselipera

I usually go through all their profile tabs and skim through each one. If I'm interested in the member I'll read it. If it's anything I deem as too long I tend to just ignore it altogether unless I'm really in the mood to read or something.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I read them if I'm about to VM or PM someone I haven't before. Because I usually stop by their profile to do that anyway

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I normally read them. I mean, I hate when people don't read mine because they miss the part that says "please don't send me a friend request if we've never talked" so I get a random friend request, I sigh, don't accept, and move on. Besides. People here are quite interesting. Though I don't really wanna read a wall of text, unless you're that interesting to me. lol

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I read people's bios out of curiosity. If the bio is a bit long, I either stop halfway through or just skim it quickly.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Ahahahahahahahahah no, thank you reminding me they existed, omg. I don't think I've ever bothered to read one in my time on here, I just find them so BORING, no matter what people put on them.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    If I am checking out their profile for the first time, I do typically read them. Either they are short so I don't spend a whole lot of time on it, or it is long and therefore probably quite interesting. xD

But someone I have known for a while, I don't typically look at them since if we chat normally anyways, I probably already know quite a bit about you. :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Bucking the trend of apathy!

I love reading bios! Whenever I'm bored I'll go visit peoples' biographies and see what's said. Depending on what's said you can tell a lot about people, even by the way they type it. A bio in list form says something different than one in paragraph form, and one that only mentions PC life says something different from other ones, etc. I get disappointed when people don't have a bio, lol. I even like reading the About Mes of people I already know well because I find it interesting what they choose to share with the public. :3

THIS ENTIRELY. I love reading bios for all the reasons she mentioned and I also hope people read mine, when they do I'm very pleased!! I always skim to the bio tabs. :) They're a wonderful feature.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Ahahahahahahahahah no, thank you reminding me they existed, omg. I don't think I've ever bothered to read one in my time on here, I just find them so BORING, no matter what people put on them.

This, basically. Plus, I don't take profile bios seriously at all so mine's completely filled out with bull so clearly I don't care too much about them, haha.

Years
    Yes I do, just in case if they have an interesting backstory.

I love it when people read my really long bio.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I love doing so. Sometimes people pour their heart and soul into a bio, so it'd be insulting to them NOT to read it. Plus it gives me a little peek as to how the person is, acts, and types, even if there is just a small amount of detail. Plus, I love getting know people as much as they'll let me. c:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I often find myself skipping the "About Me" section when I view member profiles, or sometimes, just skimming through them. I'll read it fully if I find the particular member intriguing, or if it's a dedicated and interesting bio. My own bio is pretty vague and doesn't say much about me, so I doubt anyone reads mine, haha (reminds me that I should work on it or something...). But yeah, I usually skim.

Back