• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you REALLY care for graphics?

Is a game with bad graphs bad?

• Yeah, its horrible...

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • If the gameplay, story etc. are good, then no.

Votes: 46 75.4%
  • I really dont care at all.

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters

devilicious

dream
Years
  • As a self-proclamed oldschool gamer, I have to say I don't really care that much about the graphics. Gameplay is the number one priority.

But of course I like looking at pretty stuff- I do think that games have to 'evolve' each generation, both gameplay and graphic-wise. Ah, they should just go back to 2-D.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Like many have said, graphics can enhance a game's appeal, but so long as the game is fun, I can't say that graphics will make or break a game. I've known guys even around my age that refuse to give a game a try just because the graphics aren't realistic enough. Those kids were always squabbling amongst themselves over Sony vs. Microsoft.

I find that sometimes games with poorer graphics suit my tastes better, though not because of that fact, but more on the lines of gameplay. An example is that I prefer to play RuneScape over World of Warcraft because the gameplay doesn't rely so much on groups (which is good for anti-social gamers like me) and you can level any or all of the skills, as opposed to having to stick to certain things (which is good for fickle gamers like me).

Everything's a matter of taste, the only thing that bothers me is when folks are to stubborn and spoiled on graphics to see that ugly games can be fun, too.

Chairzard

Professor oak finished chair
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2008
    Graphics make the games, Ever notice how the games with best graphics are the best games period.

Back