• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you replant the berries?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • You find some berries growing next to the road. What do you do with them? I always put them all in my bag, but when I talked about this a while back (I forgot with who), they mentioned they always replant them on the same spot. Now I wonder, which side are you on?

Years
  • I do replant my berries, but not exactly in the same spot I first picked them up in. I did do a load of berry farming in those games where I was able to do so, particularly on my now-defunct Alpha Sapphire save where I farmed them a lot so I could raise contest conditions.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • Generally I don't even use them. The few times I've intended to replant berries I've always forgotten. I hate having to remember where every single berry patch is, though, and then having to go out of my way to get to it. Not playing this to farm... lol

Years
  • Not unless it's a spot I'm sure I'll have a high chance of returning to. If so, then sure, I'll plant the berries just to have more the next time I come around. If not, then forget it, I don't tend to replant.

I mean, I already have a problem with forgetting to check my berries. Not going to compound that by planting them in a spot I know I won't remember, haha.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I tend to end up with stacks of berries that I don't intend on using. If I pass by some that have grown then sure I'll pick them up and replant them, but it's not something I'd go out of my way to do.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    On Y, I planted Lum and Sitrus berries because these berries would do best in battle and they may be found during battles on certain path that needs move and I don't have access to these moves that drops berries on battle background.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I replant my berries but not on the exact the same soil, as I don't see the points on doing so. Unless it gives more fruits.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • I just pick all the berries whether even they are of no use at that time.I don't replant berries again but sometimes when i feel it is the right time i plant them but few :3 but i wonder what is the use of planting them again? :(

Years
  • I like collecting berries, but I don't always immediately replant them as soon as I get them. Sometimes i'll get different types of berries before I plant any of them to make a big berry farm.

Berserkers

Kaboom.
    Years
  • I thought collecting berries was a nice feature, but not one I found particularly useful. I didn't often replant the berries, especially along the random routes, because I most likely wouldn't be returning to harvest them again. I also didn't use them in battle that often.

In X version, I did plant a few Lum and Sitrus berries because they were pretty good in competitive battling. Then I completely forgot they were there. xD

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I only replant berries so I have a bunch of EV-lowering berries in case I need to get a pokémon's happiness up real quick. That's about it.

Years
  • I used to not replant them until I restarted Alpha Sapphire recently. I try to plant one or 2 of the berries I have the least of so several more will grow and I can get more if I need them

Years
  • Eh... I can probably count on one hand how many times I've replanted berries across all the games, haha. Unless there was a berry patch right next to my Secret Base in Sapphire/Emerald, I wouldn't even bother with them, because a majority of the berries that I picked went unused anyway.

nightsmith97

Know Thyself
    Years
  • When I'm doing my initial play-through, I generally only replant what I call 'battle berries.' These include berries that restore HP, PP, and cure status ailments. After I defeat the Champion, I'll go back and start growing berries for contests.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I usually pick the berries, and replant them in a certain place! I grow them a lot! I think they are very useful for battle, to clean status problems without wasting money on the pokémarts and they are good to raise contest conditions!

Years
  • I usually pick them, and replant in convenient spots that I usually go to. Sometimes I forgot I had berries planted. I used to be a crazy berry farmer in XY tho, had to get me them lum berries and such lol.

Years
  • For some reason I don't tend to do it. Only because with most games I play, which are challenges, I don't like wasting time returning to a spot where I would plant them. Plus, I believe most of the time I would forget where I planted them. Although, it is something I should probably start doing. It would be nice to have a bunch of Sitrus/Lum berries that I can give to my Pokemon and have a slight boost when battling.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I used to be a Berry master in the original Hoenn games, I'd replant, check, and pick them in my bag. I'd collect all different kinds of berries, excited to get new berries, make sure they were growing, etc. Nowadays, I'm a little more blah, I don't really care. I don't replant them because I know I'll never come back to that route and if I do there's a good chance I won't even remember to check the berry spot because I won't remember there is one.

Back