• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you speak another language?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Do you speak any languages other than English?
    Yes, it's Spanish

How did you learn these languages, or is English not your first language?
    English is my first language but since I am half Puerto Rican (from my moms side) my mom would usually speak Spanish and I would pick up on it

How well do you speak the other language(s)?
    Not too well since I never liked speaking Spanish to begin with

:t354:TG

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Fluent in both English and Spanish. Though I was born in Mexico, and raised by Spanish-speaking parents, English was my first language I learned. Then later on I learned Spanish little by little... by listening to Spanish music, and working on Spanish workbooks. I still took Spanish classes in high school to broaden my fluency.

I've also been working on a third language in the past year: Italian. Not very close to fluency, though... but I managed to pull off a conversation in Italian, senza problemi. :) Still need to learn, more though.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Fluent in English and Korean. I learned English and Korean at the same time, so do they both count as my first language? I use more English, as I only speak Korean at home and all.

Getting there on Spanish, probably due to my classes and it's pretty much necessary or else I'd fail. I've been learning Spanish since elementary/primary school.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I speak English, have been since I was a child. Took two years of Spanish, learned a fair amount but then I just forgot most of it after a year or so. I took some French this year, but it wasn't long before I dropped out of that class due to certain reasons. Next year I would like to try German. It may be hard to learn, but I wouldn't mind going through that.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    Even after 3 years of Spanish i still couldn't even hold a converstaion with a fluent speaker for more than 20 seconds at most haha. Just goes to show how useless foreign language courses iin high school really are.

Back