• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still enjoy posting on PC now?

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    It's no secret that the posting rates and overall user interest in the forum has declined in recent years.
    Has your interest in the forum declined as such?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Not particularly. My interest in PC declined quite some time ago. I made the foolish mistake in asking to be reinstated as a moderator, partially because I had a very brief renewal of interest in the forum (after a departure from it, I believe), and partially because I found myself able to be on the forum at all, and not constantly engaged in irl stuff. I was clearly wrong, cause I basically got rehired, and then disappeared, and subsequently fired (and I'm honestly very sorry to those who stuck up for me to be reinstated; I really did let you guys down). I guess what I'm trying to say is is that real life essentially just became much more enjoyable and engaging. That's the reason I'm not around the forums as much, ergo why I do not post.

Whenever I do come around the forums, I try to post, especially Off-Topic. But my interest in it nowadays isn't as great as it is a few years ago, primarily because the area just seems so dead. I jokingly made a comment a few weeks ago about how no one posted in the DCC for about 24 hours, but there was some real truth in that. Back in the day, it was basically unheard of. The sub-forum itself was always active. Maybe I'm embellishing the details, but it sure as hell feels like it to me.

I might get flamed for this, and I really don't have the right to say this because I was gone for so long, but I always associated the dip in interest with Off-Topic with the drastic rule changes that happened around the end of my time as a moderator. Come to think of it, that might also be why I stopped caring in the first place. That makes me a horrible moderator if that's true, but in retrospect, it makes sense. I was never a fan of it.

I may very well may be wrong about everything I said, and as someone who has been gone for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if I am. I'm interested in seeing what everyone else has to say though.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Nah. I love posting on forums. Been doing it for almost my entire life. It's much more personal than an IRC chat or a Discord server.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I might have only started to be active here since last December, but I know that on a lot of other forums, activity has died down as well. I don't really understand why and it saddens me (forums are my favourite format for talking), but it has been the general trend for the past few years. What Honest says about the DC here, that's how it was like on a forum I was active on years ago. There were so many people and so much activity; every refresh there would be 10 more posts. You needed to be fast to engage in the discussion and partaking in these threads was honestly one of the most exciting times of my high school life for me.

Unfortunately, activity has died there as well and the Chit-Chat threads are pretty much gone. I can't point to what the cause was of this downfall of activity even though I was right in it. Every forum has a different userbase so reasons obviously vary, but I find it interesting that the trend of being on a forum kinda universally declined at once. As a new person, I find PC entertaining (though less active than what I was used to on the old forum), but I can understand why the 'veteran' members are saddened by the lessened activity and don't feel the desire to return here.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • I wasn't terribly active on PC when I had my old account, but it's still pretty lively in my opinion. That may be because I'm used to smaller forums, where activity is slow as a Sliggoo, but yeah. I do agree with what some have already stated; forums used to be a lot busier and more populated. Even the smaller forum I used to love was hopping when I first joined over 10 years ago.

I guess the "new gen" has found other ways of communicating with other fans, and we're slowly vanishing as adult life takes over. I also know some parents who don't let their teens use forums, because they're worried about predators.

Either way, I'm having fun here. I guess being part of a forum became my norm, and coming back to a more active site reminds me of the "good old days". I'm just a lot more cautious about how I come off, because I don't want to come off as a creeper ^^'

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • It's no secret that the posting rates and overall user interest in the forum has declined in recent years.
    Has your interest in the forum declined as such?

Do you have the specific stats on that? If so, may I have them? I kinda want to research this and compare numbers with other online forums, game sales, etc.

My interest in the forum remains pretty consistent. I wouldnt say that it varies significantly, but I think I've had a slow decline over time. Not in terms of posts, but in terms of VM's. Im just not as good at replying anymore. I had a REALLY good thing going on for a while with many users, but that sort of died out as I got busier.

This thread is kinda depressing tbh. Or maybe thats my "Sunday Night Blues"

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I quite enjoy it. Though I haven't been posting as much lately which I'm hoping to change.

Sirfetch’d

I don't enjoy it as much as I did a few years ago but it still interests me. I enjoy hanging around this section as well as the battle section. A lot of my post count came from the Pokemon sections which I just have very little interest in posting now despite still loving Pokemon.

pkmin3033

Honestly, not really. I don't feel particularly welcome any more and I'm mostly here out of habit more than anything else.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I guess it's a bit early for me to say but, for the little time I've been here, I'm enjoying my stay on PC. Made new friends and met lots of new people.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Total Posts: 27,825
    Posts Per Day: 7.74

I still enjoy it! I'm not sure why. Discord chatting doesn't quite satisfy me like seeing my cool avatar and colorful username/usertitle next to a wall or line i have crafted and previewed in the browser does... 8D

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • I was never much for the forums ever anyway, but I enjoyed IRC and later Discord because of the pace. I like that general "chat room" feel over the slow pace of boards and I like how it refreshes on its own because I'm lazy. This isnt anything new for me however, and I want to get into posting more on the forums. Its just not as convenient.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i do still very much enjoy posting on PC, even if i've only grown more active for a year now and was an on and off user for 6 years. i haven't been posting as much lately i don't think but that's only because real life seems to get in the way now i guess, and it's hard to me to find a lot of topics i want to post in. i do still enjoy posting on PC though even if it seems like i don't.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    PC certainly doesnt have the charm it did way back in the day. but i used to have a lot more time on my hands back in the mid-to-late 00's. Now, the only forum replies I actually read are on Reddit. I barely comment or contribute there, though, to be fair.

im mostly here for the people. i like reading what my friends post.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Not really. I've never been the biggest poster but I'm just not as into Pokemon as I used to be so I have less reason to post around these days.

I think a part of me also misses the way ROM hacking used to be years ago.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah a lot. Not the forum's fault I just don't enjoy it that much anymore yet I still poke around

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm still posting at PC on occasion, but now that I have some occasional work throughout the week, I need to make sure I can enjoy my work while still posting here while I'm at it.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I'm still posting at PC on occasion, but now that I have some occasional work throughout the week, I need to make sure I can enjoy my work while still posting here while I'm at it.

Your signature picture is awesomeness! :O

I'm sorry I just had to say that. :P

Regardless of the current state of the forum, this community will always hold a place in my heart. When I used to frequent this place about 6 years ago (Mostly The Nightclub thread), I was going through a really rough time in my life. My old family on here and this community played a major role in getting me through that time. I don't think it's really such an exaggeration to say that if this site didn't exist, I might not even be walking among the living. I've been to a lot of different message boards, but none of them seemed to have people with the level of care that people in this community have. I wuv all of you. :3

I know Her said that this forum has seen a steady decline over the last 2 years, but I noticed a few things. The largest number of members online was in early June of this year. That's right around the time when many people were getting out of school for the summer. I would hazard a guess that there was a sharp drop in activity over the last month especially, because many of these same members were going back into school. I would also guess that when Pokemon Go became popular, and when Pokemon Sun and Moon came out, there must have been a somewhat sharp spike in activity. Maybe when the next big thing gets released, there will be another big spike in activity, and many new members will join.

I guess it's just a matter of waiting until that happens, and continuing to be an awesome community to keep the new members wanting to stay here and be a part of it.

So to answer the question in short, lol, yes I will always enjoy posting here. :D

Back