• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Do you still have your games?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
  • I did for a long time, but sadly, I think they're gone now.

I held on to all versions red-crystal until I moved out on my own, and I somewhat forgot they were in a drawer at my father's house. I'm pretty sure he's cleaned that room out and sold what I hadn't claimed in garage sales. I feel kind of sad about it, but their batteries were dry and I wasn't about to replace them. I still have the memories, and there are always emulators to relive the fun - well, that and the ports.

Still. Maybe one day I will get a few hard copies and frame them in my office or something.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I wish I can get some original hard copies of it, even if they are used but as long as they work I'm fine with it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I wish I still did because I miss them. I know a friend of my has kept all of hers. I would always sell mine when I needed money or the newer versions came out.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I still have my games from both generations. I just umm...don't remember where I put them lol.

Years
  • I have them as well - Yellow and Gold. I had expected the inner batteries to have gone dry, but last time I booted Gold on my GBC, it actually worked fine~ I'm probably never gonna get rid of them.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • I suppose I have copy of one, but they weren't personally played by me when they were new; I received a copy of Pokemon Blue as a gift from a friend a few months ago. I need to get the battery replaced. I used to know a guy who could do it, but he wouldn't do it for me again. Now I need to find someone else who has a soldering iron... My copy of Silver, however, still works. I got that one as an Xmas gift a couple years back.

Drogan

Master of the Cannons
    Years
  • I have Red, Blue, and Yellow and I WILL NEVER LET THEM GO!

It's always nostalgic to go back and look back at what I did on my save. Also I can finally have Alakazam, Machamp, Golem, and Gengar! I've gone so long without the ability to trade, so now it's amazing. Now if my link cable cooperates more often, I can battle my brother one day!

Now I'm looking forward to the 3DS ports even more.

Also I have Pokemon Crystal and it quickly became my favorite video game of all time! I cherish my copy of the game, mostly because it's my first ever copy of the game!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I wish! I had Pokemon Silver but I gave it away to m friend, and I don't even think he plays it anymore.... The only older Pokemon game that I own is Sapphire and I don't really play it much anymore.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I have Red, Blue, and Yellow and I WILL NEVER LET THEM GO!

It's always nostalgic to go back and look back at what I did on my save. Also I can finally have Alakazam, Machamp, Golem, and Gengar! I've gone so long without the ability to trade, so now it's amazing. Now if my link cable cooperates more often, I can battle my brother one day!

Now I'm looking forward to the 3DS ports even more.

Also I have Pokemon Crystal and it quickly became my favorite video game of all time! I cherish my copy of the game, mostly because it's my first ever copy of the game!
    Exactly! Even though I don't play them much (if at all) anymore, I still can't let them go. They're just far too nostalgic. I poured hours and hours into those games as a kid. They are a part of my history, haha.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Last wednesday this guy walks into a building with a game boy color. Pokemon Red inside. he said he would give me a broken pokemon yellow next week. Now if only I had a GBC

Years
  • Yup, still do. 16 years later. I have a box full of my old GBC/GBA games and last I checked they were all working pretty well.. at least the Crystal version was that I played. Hard to get rid of something so sentimental.

Guest123_x1

I traded in all my Generation I (Blue and Yellow) and II games (all three) nearly ten years ago, when I decided I wanted to get out of Pokémon. Although I do regret this decision at times, given what I've heard about people's games no longer saving (especially with G/S) due to the save battery running out, it probably was for the best.

Although, hopefully, I'll be able to relive the memories of me playing Generation I on an actual handheld (as opposed to PC-based emulators) come February when R/B/Y are re-released to Virtual Console. Hopefully, at some point after that, G/S/C will see a similar re-release as well.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • I sold my Red, Blue, and Yellow games to Game Stop in middle school. I have a copy of Silver somewhere though the internal battery is dead

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Yeah, I do. In fact I bought a Japanese copy of Silver just a bit over two months ago.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I have my Blue, Yellow and Silver. Unfortunately, the internal battery on my Silver has died so i've lost my original save.

I even have my original Game Boy Colour to play them on.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I still have all of mine, I also still have the original pikachu gameboy color as well, I get them out every now and then and make sure they all still work.

Back